[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to the Saints and their fans!

Shorttynaz

Great Job to the Saints and Congrats to their fans. Well deserved win! I'm happy for them. The luck o' the Irish works out again! :wacko:

I must say as I felt how good winning feels (Colts SB in 2007), losing hurts more than winning feels good.

Nah. Winning always feels much better then what losing hurts.

Regardless, I couldn't be happier for the Saints, their fans, and the city. Well overdue.

+1. It's long overdue and if we had to lose to a team, I'm glad it was to the Saints.

Congratualations Saints and their fans. The Colts were outplayed from the start of the second quarter on. I cannot believe we went conservative at the end of the half. Defense had no answer in the second half. And Peyton made a terrible read that cost us overtime.

Saints fans: Enjoy this! I remember the feeling from 3 years ago. Have fun. Be safe. Congratulations.

:wacko:

Congrats Saints, well done, gutsy calls by Peyton that payed off. 1st quarter had me worried. Brees is a outstanding qb and person. Sincerely hope someday I get to know this feeling as Lions fan, we can all dream right? Very happy for your team and city.

Congrats Saints, well done, gutsy calls by Peyton that payed off. 1st quarter had me worried. Brees is a outstanding qb and person. Sincerely hope someday I get to know this feeling as Lions fan, we can all dream right? Very happy for your team and city.

The Lions are headed in the right direction. Remember about 4-5 years ago the Saints were practicing on parking lots and had a locker room in a high school. Anything's possible.

Unbeliveable, my family is goiung nuts. Fireworks & people screaming outside. car horns.... euphoria!!!!]

Congratz man!....ENJOY and take some pics for us.

It's been a long road to here. Well deserved. I couldn't be happier for you guys and the city!

Now go join in!!!

I can say this pretty honestly:

I was barely alive when the Chiefs won their Super Bowl. I was 16 when the Royals won their World Series. And I am truly happy that the Saints won today.

It's not a euphoria that rajn' et al are feeling, but just a sense of subdued joy. It comes from a place that maybe I didn't know existed, that a person can somehow integrate himself into a culture that would accept me if they knew I was there.

Seems to me that New Orleans is a town that just typifies the old-time phrase "Melting Pot"; that people can just BE with each other and live with each other and love each other. And this win in the Super Bowl reminds us that despite all the outposts from which we all come from, that the idea of sport and victory brings us all together, if only for a blip on the radar of history.

Look at it this way... In the last 10 years we've seen historically crappy franchises like the Rams, Buccaneers, Patriots (before the 2000s they were largely terrible), Cardinals (well, they almost won last year anyway), and now the Saints get to the Super Bowl. If teams like these can make it, there's always hope that the Lions can get there.

Look at it this way... In the last 10 years we've seen historically crappy franchises like the Rams, Buccaneers, Patriots (before the 2000s they were largely terrible), Cardinals (well, they almost won last year anyway), and now the Saints get to the Super Bowl. If teams like these can make it, there's always hope that the Lions can get there.

Let's not get crazy.

You guys are absolutely awesome!

I can say this pretty honestly:

I was barely alive when the Chiefs won their Super Bowl. I was 16 when the Royals won their World Series. And I am truly happy that the Saints won today.

It's not a euphoria that rajn' et al are feeling, but just a sense of subdued joy. It comes from a place that maybe I didn't know existed, that a person can somehow integrate himself into a culture that would accept me if they knew I was there.

Seems to me that New Orleans is a town that just typifies the old-time phrase "Melting Pot"; that people can just BE with each other and live with each other and love each other. And this win in the Super Bowl reminds us that despite all the outposts from which we all come from, that the idea of sport and victory brings us all together, if only for a blip on the radar of history.

:wacko: Very well said CD. I can say, without a doubt, the entire Gulf Coast region is like that.

The Lions are headed in the right direction. Remember about 4-5 years ago the Saints were practicing on parking lots and had a locker room in a high school. Anything's possible.

The Saints were 3-13 in 2005.

That off season they drafted Reggie Bush 2nd overall (Lions draft second this year), brought in Sean Payton as head coach, signed Drew Brees off his injury, and snagged Colston late in the draft.

The Saints were 10-6 in 2006.

While most franchises don't have that dramatic of a turnover in one season as far as records and personnel go, there is no doubt in my mind the Lions are in the right direction. Matt Stafford showed everyone in that Cleveland game he can get it done.Get a Sedrick Ellis and a John Vilma on defense, a little bit of experience and maturity on offense, and who knows what could happen.

One thing is for sure in my mind, the Lions are definitely not the worst team in the NFL anymore.

...and on a side note, Congrats to Saints fans! Been a long journey since 2005, and you guys deserved tonight! :wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

I was very happy to cheer for the Saints today. I like Brees and have always rooted for the underdog. As a fan of a perennial basement team, it gives a glimmer of hope that I too will experience that euphoria and excitement someday.

Congratulations Saints fans. It has been a long time coming and it is well deserved. Enjoy it! I imagine next season will get here way too quickly and then being "last year's champion" is just a memory as the grind of another football season lays ahead.

WHO DAT?

The Saints were 3-13 in 2005.

That off season they drafted Reggie Bush 2nd overall (Lions draft second this year), brought in Sean Payton as head coach, signed Drew Brees off his injury, and snagged Colston late in the draft.

The Saints were 10-6 in 2006.

While most franchises don't have that dramatic of a turnover in one season as far as records and personnel go, there is no doubt in my mind the Lions are in the right direction. Matt Stafford showed everyone in that Cleveland game he can get it done.Get a Sedrick Ellis and a John Vilma on defense, a little bit of experience and maturity on offense, and who knows what could happen.

One thing is for sure in my mind, the Lions are definitely not the worst team in the NFL anymore.

...and on a side note, Congrats to Saints fans! Been a long journey since 2005, and you guys deserved tonight! :wacko:

And Brees wanted to go to Miami, Payton wanted to go to Green Bay and Bush had reservations about New Orleans. I've never seen a city and region bond with a team like this. Green Bay comes close.

_____

Detroit drafted Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas and Levy. It's a nice start.