[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben, Eli and now... Brees

kpholmes

What does Ben have to do with the Chargers?

Eli/Rivers/Ben were the top 3 QBs of their draft class, and San Diego picked Eli... and then Rivers, over Ben.

Ben - 2

Eli - 1

Brees - 1

Rivers + Chargers - 0

Edited by kpholmes

....and lost their window with LT's overuse and sudden decline. river will not be able to carry the team the way lt did.

Well, even Charger fans can agree that AJ Smith has been the central aspect of their demise.

Overusing LT and then deciding to kick him to the curb, the slow deterioration of Merriman's play, and even Norv Turner himself as a head coach...

The window is fast closing in San Diego.

Well, even Charger fans can agree that AJ Smith has been the central aspect of their demise.

Overusing LT and then deciding to kick him to the curb, the slow deterioration of Merriman's play, and even Norv Turner himself as a head coach...

The window is fast closing in San Diego.

nod..... wonder why he has declined. how would hali, dumervil, howard, or ellis do on roids? and agree that norv was never a good HC......

Edited by Bier Meister

FINALLY!! Somebody that gets it. I have no problem with Brees getting a ring. In fact, we were cheering for him here in SD. Eli? That little trcker can go screw himself...and I won't say crap about Big Ben...he is what he is.

I have no problem with Brees getting a ring. In fact, we were cheering for him here in SD. Eli? That little trcker can go screw himself...and I won't say crap about Big Ben...he is what he is.

+1

Leave it to a Raiders fan to bring this up. :wacko:

FINALLY!! Somebody that gets it. I have no problem with Brees getting a ring. In fact, we were cheering for him here in SD. Eli? That little trcker can go screw himself...and I won't say crap about Big Ben...he is what he is.

Glad to see you're both ok. :D

........... an average qb that had a great defense, amazing running rb's, and sleazy refs get him some rings :wacko:

:D now the offseason is getting lively!

About time someone set the record straight! :D

Edited by Kid Cid

........... an average qb that had a great defense, amazing running rb's, and sleazy refs get him some rings :wacko:

:D now the offseason is getting lively!

Joe Montana:

QB Rate: 92.3, Comp. %: 63.2, TD %: 5.1, INT % 2.6, Yards/Comp. 11.3, Yards/Game 211.2,

Ben Roethlisberger:

QB Rate: 91.7, Comp. % 63.3, TD% 5.3, INT % 3.4, Yards/Comp. 12.6, Yards/Game 221.9

If I remember right, Joe Montana had a pretty good supporting cast, which most Super Winning QB's do.

Just sayin'

:D

Joe Montana:

QB Rate: 92.3, Comp. %: 63.2, TD %: 5.1, INT % 2.6, Yards/Comp. 11.3, Yards/Game 211.2,

Ben Roethlisberger:

QB Rate: 91.7, Comp. % 63.3, TD% 5.3, INT % 3.4, Yards/Comp. 12.6, Yards/Game 221.9

If I remember right, Joe Montana had a pretty good supporting cast, which most Super Winning QB's do.

Just sayin'

:D

So Montana = Roethlisberger, yes? :wacko:

Joe Montana:

Ben Roethlisberger:

Just sayin'

:wacko:

you might be forgettting that the cast wasn't great until 84-85... and won 2 of his rings before he had rice. he was given the reins early and ran[/b ]the offense. he didn't get to sit back and hand it off to bettis and parker all day ...and throw an occational PA pass...and let teh d/st take over. old man montana even took a mediocre KC team to an ACF championship game (at that point though he had pretty strong ground attack with marcus allen and didn't have to pass as much).

the more montana passed, the more faith you had that they were going to win. ben doesn't have teh same correlational results.

you might be forgettting that the cast wasn't great until 84-85... and won 2 of his rings before he had rice. he was given the reins early and ran[/b ]the offense. he didn't get to sit back and hand it off to bettis and parker all day ...and throw an occational PA pass...and let teh d/st take over. old man montana even took a mediocre KC team to an ACF championship game (at that point though he had pretty strong ground attack with marcus allen and didn't have to pass as much).

the more montana passed, the more faith you had that they were going to win. ben doesn't have teh same correlational results.

The argument of he simply handed off to Bettis and Parker can only be used in his first two seasons and his first run to the title. Ben carried them on his back last year and did so behind a far below average offensive line. Comparing Ben to Montana is extremely silly at this point in his career, but, so, is calling Ben an average QB.

The argument of he simply handed off to Bettis and Parker can only be used in his first two seasons and his first run to the title. yep. but you like to talk "ben's" wins..... much easier when you only pass 15 times a game

Ben carried them on his back last year and did so behind a far below average offensive line. agree

Comparing Ben to Montana is extremely silly agree

but, so, is calling Ben an average QB. B/B- he is improving