[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone play dynasty leagues without IDP?

kpholmes

:wacko:

I have a group of local friends who have casually played FF and would like to do some kind of dynasty system... but I think IDP might be too much for the average FF fan.

Does anyone do a type of dynasty league with contracts that doesn't use IDP? How weighted is your defense? Does it work well?

Would appreciate any thoughts on the matter - TIA.

USDA (Usual Suspects Dynasty Association) has been around here for ten years. It is complete Dynasty with NO IDP, only team Defense. We have 21 player rosters, draft in May soon after the NFL Draft, and the league is very active in trading, very active.

Does anyone do a type of dynasty league with contracts that doesn't use IDP? How weighted is your defense? Does it work well?

Would appreciate any thoughts on the matter - TIA.

I don't play any contract dynasty non-IDP but if I did, I would gladly let you know how weighted the Def is and if it works well.

:wacko:

I have been in a league for 21 years and we do not have an IDP. We have team defense/special teams. You get points for a team defense/ST score only.

IMO a dynasty is not or at least shouldn't be the type of league for the casual. But is everyone is that way it could work. If you end up with 3-4 guys who take it serious and try to make trades all year and no one else is paying attention in mid-March that would make it tough for them to deal with.

I run two dyanasty leagues. In one all owners are active save one. His team sucks and won't get better without offseason participation. Which by itself doesn't mean much but a lot of the other owners get tired of it and often complain to me.

Just make sure everyone understands what it takes.

BTW, both leagues are non-IDP. Two separate sets of scoring rules. Some differences in setup. Anyway dyansty is the only way to fly. I don't do any other kind of league.

The key is active owners.

agreed. poor or uninvolved owners kill a dynasty league as mistakes cast long shadows. the worst case is getting a poor owner - who destroys the team and than being left to see a horrible team to an owner when there isn't a quick turnaround in sight.

agreed. poor or uninvolved owners kill a dynasty league as mistakes cast long shadows. the worst case is getting a poor owner - who destroys the team and than being left to see a horrible team to an owner when there isn't a quick turnaround in sight.

You just described the Detroit Lions