[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On day 3 of the South Beach Diet (TM)

Furd

Good luck!

I've cut out alcohol since Jan 3rd, moderated portions and started back up on the elliptical. Have lost 11 pounds. I eat some carbs and sugars. I gots to have my Pepper Jack Cheez-Its

Thanks guys. And congratulations loaf.

I avoided the packzis on Tuesday and the bagels this morning. I'm eating more meals, but they're smaller, with no bread or sugar.

I'm down 5 pounds.

I may start touting this thing.

Thanks guys. And congratulations loaf.

I avoided the packzis on Tuesday and the bagels this morning. I'm eating more meals, but they're smaller, with no bread or sugar.

I'm down 5 pounds.

I may start touting this thing.

The only question I have is what are you going to do once you stop the diet? You can't eat like that forever. The only reason I say this is because I've tried a bunch of diets and none of them keep it off. You should check out the weightloss forum for some good info on how to keep it off.

In the mean time, congrats and keep up the good work! :wacko:

The only question I have is what are you going to do once you stop the diet? You can't eat like that forever. The only reason I say this is because I've tried a bunch of diets and none of them keep it off. You should check out the weightloss forum for some good info on how to keep it off.

In the mean time, congrats and keep up the good work! :wacko:

The diet is in three phases.

Phase 1 (14 days) is pretty strict. No alcohol, no sugar, no starch, no carbs. But its not really that bad, because lean meats are allowed, as are eggs, lowfat cheeses and a number of other things.

In phase 2, some of those things are introduced. And Phase 3, the "maintenance" phase is more liberal. So I think that you can eat a Phase 3 diet foreover, and you can drop back down to a Phase 2 or 1 if you stray.

Its not a gimmick diet. Its pretty hardcore about sugars and starches all the way through, but by Phase 3 you have a goodly amount of carbs on the table.

ive done the close-to-no carbs diet. you will actually be amazed the energy you will have. you dont have the spikes in blood sugar levels. i really enjoyed it, but i love food and it was tough to stay on.

brown rice was the only carb i ate.

Edited by dmarc117

The only question I have is what are you going to do once you stop the diet?

What Furd said, it gets more liberal fairly quickly. It's a good healthy diet that works. I could just never make the lifestyle change after getting down to a healthier weight and would slowly but surely put pounds back on.

The diet is in three phases.

Phase 1 (14 days) is pretty strict. No alcohol, no sugar, no starch, no carbs. But its not really that bad, because lean meats are allowed, as are eggs, lowfat cheeses and a number of other things.

In phase 2, some of those things are introduced. And Phase 3, the "maintenance" phase is more liberal. So I think that you can eat a Phase 3 diet foreover, and you can drop back down to a Phase 2 or 1 if you stray.

Its not a gimmick diet. Its pretty hardcore about sugars and starches all the way through, but by Phase 3 you have a goodly amount of carbs on the table.

You are going to love Phase 2. Two weeks of Phase I was a struggle for me. My weight loss was muy rapido in Week 1 and then started slowing down. I'm down 10 pounds in the new year, with P90X workouts and their diet plan (with allowing a cheat day every week). Me knowing me....I need an exercise regimen for the rest of my days if I'm going to be svelte and healthy.

Edited by bushwacked