[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The starting RB for the Chargers in 2010 will be.....

Wpob

Didn't they just release a better version of LJ in LT?

Wurd.

I don't think A.J. will go after an oft-injured back (i.e. Westbrook) or another back on the downside of his career (i.e. Jones or LJ). I think he's looking at the draft for a workhorse back with fresh legs.

Panthers don't have a first round pick this year, and whether the Chargers get Stewart or Williams, wouldn't matter. I believe most of the Chargers success is due to their offensive line being able to open HUGE running lanes. Both Backs in Carolina are good enough, and youthful enough to warrant consideration for a the Chargers 1st round draft choice easily imo.

Carolina spent a 1st on both of those backs and both are working out well. Why would they give them up for a pick later in the same round they took those guys in? To take a guy who may or may not pan out?

Carolina spent a 1st on both of those backs and both are working out well. Why would they give them up for a pick later in the same round they took those guys in? To take a guy who may or may not pan out?

Not saying they will, but the answer is obvious - both players likely have value to other teams and they could then use the acquired pick on another position on their team and roll with Goodson as the #2 RB. They're likely losing Peppers and another pass-rusher, I would think, would be real high on their need/wish list. A WR wouldn't hurt either. I actually think it makes a lot of sense.

• 2 weeks later...