[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Westbrook released

Hugh-mongus

Wow. LT and now Westbrook? The NFL is going for a makeover in fantasy terms. And we are entering an uncapped year so it is not just about the money. Westy joins Tiki Barber as one of the most undervalued players in almost every year he played in my opinion.

Wow. LT and now Westbrook? The NFL is going for a makeover in fantasy terms. And we are entering an uncapped year so it is not just about the money. Westy joins Tiki Barber as one of the most undervalued players in almost every year he played in my opinion.

Unless you were unlucky enough to draft him only in the years where he was injured every week.

We are entering an uncapped year so it is not just about the money. Westy joins Tiki Barber as one of the most undervalued players in almost every year he played in my opinion.

Well, it was kinda about the money...he was due to make $8M+ this coming year, and in a back-up role at best. There were rumors that he wouldn't be able to pass a physical. No way the Eagles tie up that kind of cash to see what he's got left in the tank.

Westy joins Tiki Barber as one of the most undervalued players in almost every year he played in my opinion.

+1

Perhaps my all-time favorite Eagle, next to Wes Hopkins. A local guy (Villanova grad), drafted late, small in stature, huge in heart. He'll be missed by the fan base.

Well, it was kinda about the money...he was due to make $8M+ this coming year, and in a back-up role at best. There were rumors that he wouldn't be able to pass a physical. No way the Eagles tie up that kind of cash to see what he's got left in the tank.

+1

Perhaps my all-time favorite Eagle, next to Wes Hopkins. A local guy (Villanova grad), drafted late, small in stature, huge in heart. He'll be missed by the fan base.

I won't miss him at all. Good riddance. And I mean that as a compliment :wacko: when healthy he was money

DMD you feeling OK? :wacko: LT and Westbrook were already history as worthwhile FF property, so both releases shouldn't mean much that way. And as stated, it was partly about the money as he was due a ton and hardly worth it. As for undervalued, considering his often spotty health, he was often overvalued too, and could be an FF nightmare. I always avoided him and in while in hindsight it'd be easy to say I shouldn't have for this or that year, overall I don't regret it at all.

Do McCoy owners have concern over this?

Obviously PHI brings in another RB, but will they bring in depth or someone to compete for the starting gig?

My guess is they draft a kid in the fourth round and while this year's draft isn't stud-like on offense, the depth is great and a kid like Blount (recovering from stupidity) or Stafon Johnson (recovering from a crushed neck!) will fall far enough, but actually have enough potential to compete for the featured roll.

thoughts?

Chester Taylor.

Knows Reid's offense and plays very well in it, and would only have to be a 3rd down back for McCoy.

Edited by kpholmes

Chester Taylor.

Knows Reid's offense and plays very well in it, and would only have to be a 3rd down back for McCoy.

Taylor went to Minn to be "the guy", and had AP not fallen to #7 in the draft (almost focing MINN to take him), he very well may have been a solid #1 RB. I think he likely still wants that designation, and won't settle for coming into a situation as a 3rd-down RB. And I don't think he'll settle for 3rd-down RB money, either, which is about all the Eagles would want to offer him, since that's really all they need at the position.

I think the Eagles make a run at LT....LT wants a shot at a ring, he's the perfect 3rd down back, he's a pass-catching threat in a pass-happy offense, and teh Eagles have needed a guy with goalline prowess for forever....and he know's he's not going to get a shot to be "the man" with a team that is on the verge of contending.

I think its a perfect fit.

Taylor went to Minn to be "the guy", and had AP not fallen to #7 in the draft (almost focing MINN to take him), he very well may have been a solid #1 RB. I think he likely still wants that designation, and won't settle for coming into a situation as a 3rd-down RB. And I don't think he'll settle for 3rd-down RB money, either, which is about all the Eagles would want to offer him, since that's really all they need at the position.

I think the Eagles make a run at LT....LT wants a shot at a ring, he's the perfect 3rd down back, he's a pass-catching threat in a pass-happy offense, and teh Eagles have needed a guy with goalline prowess for forever....and he know's he's not going to get a shot to be "the man" with a team that is on the verge of contending.

I think its a perfect fit.

I agree that LT would be a good fit, but would he play a 3rd down back at a 3rd down back salary?

I can't see Chester demanding to be a starter to be honest... at 30 years old and not having anywhere near the success LT has had, I just can't imagine a team that would pay him to be "the guy."

I agree that LT would be a good fit, but would he play a 3rd down back at a 3rd down back salary?

I can't see Chester demanding to be a starter to be honest... at 30 years old and not having anywhere near the success LT has had, I just can't imagine a team that would pay him to be "the guy."

:wacko:

Man, it didn't hit me that Chester Taylor is 30. He's a 30 year old RB with the mileage of a 27 year-old.

If he's willing to play for $3-4M per year (which is about what I think LT would command), then absolutely Taylor is a great option for the Eagles.

I just think that NE, WAS, NY, HOU, or DEN might offer him a shot as a legitimate #1 RB, and offer him a 3-year deal as such.

Taylor to Philly, Westbrook to Minnesota as a 3rd down back?

Would make some sense from the standpoint of familiarity with Chilly and vice versa, but I think Westbrook is just too much of an injury risk to be counted on at all anymore.

If the Vikes do lose Taylor, I'd rather see them pursue LT than BW but I dont really see either one ending up here...

Edited by Delicious_bass

DMD you feeling OK? :wacko: LT and Westbrook were already history as worthwhile FF property, so both releases shouldn't mean much that way. And as stated, it was partly about the money as he was due a ton and hardly worth it. As for undervalued, considering his often spotty health, he was often overvalued too, and could be an FF nightmare. I always avoided him and in while in hindsight it'd be easy to say I shouldn't have for this or that year, overall I don't regret it at all.

I realize that. They were just two top ten RBs who were always in the mix for years and now are effectively if not literally done. When their own teams dump huge fan favorites, it is over.

Man, it didn't hit me that Chester Taylor is 30. He's a 30 year old RB with the mileage of a 27 year-old.

If he's willing to play for $3-4M per year (which is about what I think LT would command), then absolutely Taylor is a great option for the Eagles.

I just think that NE, WAS, NY, HOU, or DEN might offer him a shot as a legitimate #1 RB, and offer him a 3-year deal as such.

Uh Knowshon Moreno?

Bringing in Taylor to be a 3rd down back doesn't make any sense when McCoy is already more of a 3rd down back than a primary back. :wacko:

I'll re-state: he likely wants to go to a team thats a perenniel contender.

Found it weird when they discuss LT on the football network they say he wants to go to a team that has a solid QB and a team good enough for a chance at a ring.

And all I can keep thinking is that sums up the Chargers. Yet he wouldn't take a paycut, but will have to as a free agent anyways.

He doesn't strike me as a guy I'd put my future on. Couple nice games, but really, would you want to go into your season with Moreno as your primary RB weapon if there was a veteran option with great upside available?

Yes, I'd much rather have Moreno as my primary guy, well ahead of Chester Taylor. Moreno played in a ZBS last year, which didn't mesh well with his inside running style. Even with McDaniels going crazy and limiting to him 15 or less carries in 7 games he still managed 947 yards, 213 receiving, and 9 TDs. He didn't have a great YPC last year, but you could see him getting more comfortable as the season wore on. Given that the first year jitters are gone, and the Broncos are getting away from the ZBS scheme, I see him as a very, very good back in this league. Not top 5, but somewhere around 10.

Even if you're not as high on him as I am, you've still got to remember that the guy was the no.12 pick in the draft next year. There is zero chance they would bring in a FA to play lead dog on that team.