[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Combine 2010

kpholmes

I thought Gerheart helped himself today running a 4.53. Dwyer hurt himself at 4.59

Don't know much about Ben Tate, but he performed well across the board, and the blurbs I read about him sound a litlte intriguing.

Edited by Seahawks21

I thought Gerheart helped himself today running a 4.53. Dwyer hurt himself at 4.59

Don't know much about Ben Tate, but he performed well across the board, and the blurbs I read about him sound a litlte intriguing.

-Gerhart was a bit faster than anticipated and basically already has a role carved out for himself for a team looking for the hard-nosed complimentary power back.

-Dwyer ran basically what was expected of him albeit a few hundredths slower. I don't think he really hurt himself because he's already viewed as an inside, downhill, between-the-tackles runner who may even get some time at FB in the pros.

- Ben Tate is a bit of an intriguing player as he's pretty solid all around but not really special in any one area and yet he thinks he is. Most think he'll be a complimentary role player or backup.

-Gerhart was a bit faster than anticipated and basically already has a role carved out for himself for a team looking for the hard-nosed complimentary power back.

-Dwyer ran basically what was expected of him albeit a few hundredths slower. I don't think he really hurt himself because he's already viewed as an inside, downhill, between-the-tackles runner who may even get some time at FB in the pros.

Gegree.

I think Monterio Hardesty helped himself out a ton, as did Golden Tate.

but his broad and high jumps were really disappointing.

True but those are just 2 factors within a group of things to consider and can't be used as a true measuring stick as to what a player is worth or what he will turn out to be. He also broke many long runs against top-notch competition in college and no one will brag that he's an explosive runner. He's a solid one-cut runner with a good stiff arm, quick feet and who's young and fresh. He also put on about 15 pounds or so which only caused to slow him down and cut down on his agility. He played at 230 and jumped to 245-ish as a junior. Time will tell...

I'm shocked no one is saying anything about Spiller. WOW! He looks like he's ready to take that next step. I was watching NFLN and I could have swore they had Spiller unofficial as 4.28 for his first and 4.27 for the second. I guess that's why they call it "unofficial." Still think Spiller looked way faster then Best, but how could their own site have it so wrong?

I'm shocked no one is saying anything about Spiller. WOW! He looks like he's ready to take that next step. I was watching NFLN and I could have swore they had Spiller unofficial as 4.28 for his first and 4.27 for the second. I guess that's why they call it "unofficial." Still think Spiller looked way faster then Best, but how could their own site have it so wrong?

I think that there isn't more talk about Spiller because he's already expected to be the #1 RB taken and most basically know what you'll get with a guy like him. He's also the best amongst a pretty weak RB class.

I think that there isn't more talk about Spiller because he's already expected to be the #1 RB taken and most basically know what you'll get with a guy like him. He's also the best amongst a pretty weak RB class.

Watched him play one game at the end of the season vs. GT I believe. He was absolutely amazing. Had something wrong with his foot, sprained ankle or something that bothered him but he still ran for something like 200 yds. Everytime he touched the ball he was exploding for 10+ yards. I was extremely impressed with him overall, but had to temper it as I'm not sure the defense was that good. He could be a great back in the pro's.

Suh has solidified himself as #1 overall. He threw up 32 reps, while McCoy only managed 23.

Mayock says this is a game changer.

Damn it. How am I supposed to get Suh to the Lions if he out does McCoy. I know Mayock was saying that he had McCoy ranked over Suh because McCoy is more disruptive in the passing game. And since the NFL is more of a passing league, he gave the edge to McCoy. We'll see what happens. I don't know a lot about McCoy, but Suh has a decent head on his shoulders so people are going to love him in interviews and such. If he puts the goods on display he probably will wrap up the top pick (although I'm still hoping STL falls for Bradford which I don't think is bad for them).

Damn it. How am I supposed to get Suh to the Lions if he out does McCoy. I know Mayock was saying that he had McCoy ranked over Suh because McCoy is more disruptive in the passing game. And since the NFL is more of a passing league, he gave the edge to McCoy. We'll see what happens. I don't know a lot about McCoy, but Suh has a decent head on his shoulders so people are going to love him in interviews and such. If he puts the goods on display he probably will wrap up the top pick (although I'm still hoping STL falls for Bradford which I don't think is bad for them).

I don't think the Rams will reach for Bradford. I think they will wait for the 2.01 and take Colt McCoy. Just a hunch.

He played at 230 and jumped to 245-ish as a junior. Time will tell...

Dwyer is lazy. He took himself out of games frequently this year because he was winded. He's been getting by on natural skills above the competition to this point. He will either get a big contract and disappear or get his act together and get in shape. If he does the latter he could be a great back but I don't know how much I would count on that.

I don't think the Rams will reach for Bradford. I think they will wait for the 2.01 and take Colt McCoy. Just a hunch.

Yea, I'm pretty much running on hope. I've been a recovering Lions fan for awhile and I'd just like to see them land a solid DT like Suh. Nothing against McCoy as I'm sure he's great. I'm just a Nebraska fan so it'd be an aligning of the moons for two of my teams. I mean, Nebraska hasn't really had any awesome WRs lately (or maybe ever) so it feels like it's been a decade since there has even been the option of Detroit taking a NU grad in the first round. :wacko: Besides, I'd like to see Schwartz help develop Suh's ability (although I'm sure Spags in STL would do well).

Rich Eisen says they are working on interesting simulcams.

"our simulcam staff overlaying both Mays 40s with Jacoby Ford's official 4.28 from Fri"

They showed a simulcam of Mays ahead of Holiday who ran a 4.34 so it seems his official time is flawed.

If accurate it looked like about 4.31. He is a specimen but coverage ability doesn't look that good.

Edited by Randall

Still, for a safety, that is flying! A guy that big, fast, smart and aggressive has got to be good at SOMTHING on an NFL football field. Maybe an Adrian Wilson role, maybe a LB, SOMETHING.

I think the 40 time is overrated. It's almost 1/2 the football ield. Don't they run a 20 yard something or other? How fast can they close from 10 yards, maybe?

This reminds me of the Olympics, we just saw. ....."you were off the pace by .08 seconds, congrats you placed 10th."

If accurate it looked like about 4.31. He is a specimen but coverage ability doesn't look that good.

Mayock said something to the extent of "With two interceptions you have to keep asking, 'Why wasn't he getting to the ball?' - But with a 4.3 40 time, there's so many egos out there in the stands watching that are thinking 'We can do something with that' - that it won't matter much"

Mayock said something to the extent of "With two interceptions you have to keep asking, 'Why wasn't he getting to the ball?' - But with a 4.3 40 time, there's so many egos out there in the stands watching that are thinking 'We can do something with that' - that it won't matter much"

And if you saw Mays in the position drills mis-time his jump on a catch and whiff on the ball completely, it all made sense. No questioning his athleticism, but his football skills appear to be lacking.