[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Mock NFL Draft...

irish

I know that DMD usually runs a draft contest for everyone to attempt guessing who the Top 10 or 15 picks in NFL draft will be. However, I was thinking that just for fun, and since this is a quiet time around the boards, we could create a group of Huddlers for each team and draft 2-3 rounds prior to the real Draft beginning (just like we did last year and years prior). Each group of Huddlers assigned to specific teams could discuss each pick (be it through PM or in the live chat room here-like the war room) just as real NFL teams would do in order to make their pick/s. No limit to the amount of Huddlers for each team and if we have trouble filling any team I know other Huddlers will volunteer to fill in or I could always make the pick for unassigned team/s as a last resort.

If this isn't feasible, then maybe we could just assign one Huddler to each team and draft as we would above (last year we had some teams with multiple huddlers and some teams with just one representative. We drafted 3 rounds and even when some Huddlers had to drop their Homer team in round 3 we still got through it. Once we get at least 1 Huddle representative for each team I'll start 2 separate threads- 1 for the selections only and another for commentary. I started this up last year at the very beginning of March and figured I'd get a couple days' jumpstart this year.

Thoughts? Let's fill this up and get started. Last year we started on March 9th.

Round 1

1 St. Louis Rams - Peteteacher2001

2 Detroit Lions - Furd

3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ram Man

4 Washington Redskins - WashingtonD

5 Kansas City Chiefs - Muck, Chief Dick

6 Seattle Seahawks - Seahawks21

7 Cleveland Browns - Mojo20

8 Oakland Raiders - Kpholmes

9 Buffalo Bills - Satelliteoflovegm

10 Jacksonville Jaguars - Wolverines Fan

11 Denver Broncos (From Bears) - LordOpie, MTSuper7

12 Miami Dolphins - Randall

13 San Francisco 49ers - Gopher, Inhiding

14 Seattle Seahawks (From Broncos) - Seahawks21

15 New York Giants - Timmypg

16 Tennessee Titans - TitansFan

17 San Francisco 49ers (From Panthers) - Gopher, Inhiding

18 Pittsburgh Steelers - Irish and possibly others

19 Atlanta Falcons - WashingtonD, Delusions of Granduer

20 Houston Texans - Charles

21 Cincinnati Bengals - budlitebrad

22 New England Patriots - Patsfan39

23 Green Bay Packers - piratesownninjas, bpwallace49

24 Philadelphia Eagles - fitzkek

25 Baltimore Ravens - Return of S&B

26 Arizona Cardinals - Avernus

27 Dallas Cowboys - Irish, Cowboyz1, Scooby

28 San Diego Chargers - Tazinib1

29 New York Jets - Infinity

30 Minnesota Vikings - Outshined

31 Indianapolis Colts - BeeR

32 New Orleans Saints - tbimm

Bears - Wolverines Fan

Panthers - Avernus

Edited by irish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To start with, I believe that the Panthers and Bears do not have 1st round picks and both the 49ers and Seahawks have 2-1st rounders. .

I will also put myself down as being part of the crew drafting for the Cowboys. I'm sure Cowboyz1, Cowboys diehard, Scooby, HBTC and others might join in as well.

One of my favorites. I'm anxious to get the input of the other Seahwks fans. I would bet my picks probably differ. I'm in.

You're in. I believe you were in last year and were one of the first people I thought about when starting this up again this year.

denver... happy to work with other Broncos fans, if any are interested.

Oakland.

I'll work with any of the other Raider fans if they'd like.

Done and done.

7 Oakland Raiders - Kpholmes and Return of S&B - DT, B.J. Raji, Boston College

8 40 Oakland - Kpholmes and Return of S&B - C, Max Unger, Oregon

7 71 Oakland - Kpholmes and Return of S&B - WR, Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma

:wacko: If only...

Here's the Link to last years. It's a lot of fun. I encourage any fans who want to share their opinions and kill some time to get on board.

:wacko: If only...

Here's the Link to last years. It's a lot of fun. I encourage any fans who want to share their opinions and kill some time to get on board.

:D Yeah, I hear ya, if only! I also agree that it was a lot of fun playing GM for our homer teams and shooting the banter back and forth on the picks made. Really gets me psyched up for the real deal. I actually found myself getting pissed when the Cowboys didn't take who I/we wanted last year as if I/we were the more knowledge option when it came to the real selection. :D

I'm all aboard for the packers. Ted Thompson is my favorite GBP afterall.

Added.

Since the Packers are taken, I will take any team that no one else wants . .

I added you to the Packers since having a few come together is fine as well. If you'd rather me just put you down for another team, name the squad or you can always wait to see if one goes unclaimed.

I'm in for the EAGLES. I'm sure my boys Keggerz, Zooty, and all the others, would have no problem if we had to put our heads together for this mock.

Just as with last year, I'll put you down for the Eagles.

I'm down for the Skins though I'm sure more than a few of the other hog faithful will want to join in on the fun.

Last year I sucked picking for the skins but if Baltimore had lucked into my picks (somehow I ended up picking for them as well), they would have been a force to to contend with (Percy Harvin at 1.26!)

WD

I'll be on the Giants squad. I'll spend more time this year so we end up with better picks.

I'm down for the Skins though I'm sure more than a few of the other hog faithful will want to join in on the fun.

Last year I sucked picking for the skins but if Baltimore had lucked into my picks (somehow I ended up picking for them as well), they would have been a force to to contend with (Percy Harvin at 1.26!)

WD

Buffalo Bills please.

I'll take the Vikings

All 4 are good to go.

WD

Think OL. Thats all I need to say. :wacko: