[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens + Austin + Williams + Crayton

Cowboyz1

What do you think about Owens on one side Austin on the other and Williams, Crayton and Ogletree in the slot. I don't know but if Owens is ready to play nice it could be a very dangerous WR corps. Now I doubt JJ would fool with the chemistry of the team but while Owens was in Dallas he didn't really do anything but produce and stay out of trouble. That being said, if Owens was willing to do a one year deal the Offense would be sick good. No way you could cover a four man core like that. Personally, I wouldn't have to much of a problem with it.

What say you all.

After all we didn't hear a thing about Owens being problem in Buffalo. In fact, he just went about his business. The guy can still play.

What do you think about Owens on one side Austin on the other and Williams, Crayton and Ogletree in the slot. I don't know but if Owens is ready to play nice it could be a very dangerous WR corps. Now I doubt JJ would fool with the chemistry of the team but while Owens was in Dallas he didn't really do anything but produce and stay out of trouble. That being said, if Owens was willing to do a one year deal the Offense would be sick good. No way you could cover a four man core like that. Personally, I wouldn't have to much of a problem with it.

What say you all.

After all we didn't hear a thing about Owens being problem in Buffalo. In fact, he just went about his business. The guy can still play.

It wouldn't matter, because Jerry Jones has already said Roy is the starter. And the reason you didn't hear Owens running his mouth is that he was in Buffalo... No one cared.

Also, how does the final 8 effect there ability to sign him? I don't think they'll be able to make a move like that.

Also, how does the final 8 effect there ability to sign him?

The rules

NFC Divisional Playoff Dallas Cowboys — 1 unrestricted free agent for $5.5 million* or more in Year One of contract + the same number of Cowboys unrestricted free agents who sign with other clubs + any unrestricted free agent for less than $3.7 million* in Year One of contract with limitations on per season increases.

* Estimate

Oh, and restricted free agents that aren't tendered are not unrestricted free agents in the NFL eyes for these rules saying a team lost an unrestricted free agent.

Edited by Riffraff

What say you all.

Stop it. Just stop it. :wacko:

Would be a waste of good money..... Owens is done, and Roy has one more season to prove he can play or he's out. With his 3rd year in the system, I have a feeling that you will see a much improved Williams next year (but lets face it, 10 more catches would double his output from last year :wacko: so he doesn't have a long way to go.... )

What say you all.

I wouldn't say sick. In fact IF it did ever happen I probably still wouldn't put that group in the top 8 or so league wide.

Jones might have Williams penciled in as a starter, but Wade Phillips has indicated that he'll be competing for the starting job. With so much money sunk into Roy E., I think the competition comes from within the organization (Ogletree) and not free agency. Besides Austin still needs to sign his new deal...

This offense is very good already, and it was peaking when Williams took a back seat in December. You guys are right, he's got 1 more year to prove himself.

Jones might have Williams penciled in as a starter, but Wade Phillips has indicated that he'll be competing for the starting job. With so much money sunk into Roy E., I think the competition comes from within the organization (Ogletree) and not free agency. Besides Austin still needs to sign his new deal...

This offense is very good already, and it was peaking when Williams took a back seat in December. You guys are right, he's got 1 more year to prove himself.

I agree about Ogletree but I think that Roy has training camp and maybe a few regular season games to prove himself, not a year. If Ogletree outplays him I think he'll take over.

Jones might have Williams penciled in as a starter, but Wade Phillips has indicated that he'll be competing for the starting job.

And Mr. Jones said that Roy IS a starter next year. What the coach says carries no weight in Dallas. Jerry is the Owner/GM/Depth Chart Manager. I bet he's phoned down to the sidelines at least once to call a play in.