[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Burleson to the Lions

DMD

The first FA signed was Burleson by the Lions who maybe can give a complement to Calvin Johnson. Nice to see DET move to fill a need.

So far I like it. I don't know where that contract lands for #2WRs but getting some help to Megatron is a solid move. If Burleson can actually stay healthy this should be good news for Detroit and Stafford.

The other rumor was that Jim Schwartz was at Vandenbosch's house at 12:01 trying to get the DE away from TEN. That would be a big upgrade for a DET defense that is likely to land McCoy or Suh in the draft. :wacko:

Sounds like one heckuva lot of money for a WR2 who can't stay healthy. Nice that they're trying, but they have so many other needs.......course the FA pool isn't esp deep either.....

It is too much money for Burleson. But the Lions desperately need a decent WR. And if I'm not mistaken, Burleson can return punts, and the Lions need someone to do that.

If the Lions can pick up Thomas Jones or another good RB (maybe through the draft) Stafford will have all of the "weapons" that he needs.

Still. :wacko:

It is too much money for Burleson. But the Lions desperately need a decent WR. And if I'm not mistaken, Burleson can return punts, and the Lions need someone to do that.

And he is now proven better than Porter. :wacko:

Another hit for the Sea-chickens.

wasn't burleson's last contract through the roof. that dude's made a ton of dough for being an above average wr.

People still think that contract was real? It was a symbolic pop-shot to the Vikings for the Hutchinson fiasco.

His last contract was extremely back-loaded with unguaranteed $$ for 2011/12, hence him not being under that same contract now.

are they good signings though? A 32 yr old DE and a mediocre wr? Guess we'll see.

They need a guy like Vanden Bosch to come in there and lead that defense. Guys like Delmas and Sims need that vocal locker room leader who can keep them focused and put them on the right track.

well said, Vanden Bosch is a great locker room guy, too bad he rarely stays healthy.

I'm not a big burleson fan but after watching my dynasty darling Calvin Johnson get TRIPLE teamed at the end of last year, I think this is a solid move for obvious reasons.

Pretty good signing by the Lions. Burleson is a legit return man, and can make a couple plays opposite Calvin. The biggest negative would be that Burleson tends to free-lance a bit too much, which could be tough for a young QB to adapt to...it certainly was for Hasselbeck.

Pretty catastrophic loss for the Seahawks, who just lost their only decent playmaker. It will be interesting to see if this brings Bryant into the equation with their 14th pick.

Pretty good signing by the Lions. Burleson is a legit return man, and can make a couple plays opposite Calvin. The biggest negative would be that Burleson tends to free-lance a bit too much, which could be tough for a young QB to adapt to...it certainly was for Hasselbeck.

Pretty catastrophic loss for the Seahawks, who just lost their only decent playmaker. It will be interesting to see if this brings Bryant into the equation with their 14th pick.

Have you heard anything locally about the Brandon Marshall trade rumors?

Have you heard anything locally about the Brandon Marshall trade rumors?

Just that the Hawks aren't willing to part with one of their first round picks. The player the Hawks have talked about trading is none other than Deion Branch. That alone tells me there isn't much hope of anything getting done. I mean really? Deion Branch is the best you can come up with The Broncos don't appear to be ready to accept a 2nd rounder in return, so I just can't find a way that anything gets done.