[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor signs with Chicago

HutOne

Thanks , I didn't see it there. Just an update about his contract. Now they are saying it is for 4 years at 12.5 million with 7 million in gaurenteed money.

Doesn't look too bad to me. I mean, Sproles is making 7 mil this year and I think Taylor is more of an every down back than him.

Doesn't look too bad to me. I mean, Sproles is making 7 mil this year and I think Taylor is more of an every down back than him.

But Sproles is a return threat . . Taylor isnt. taylor may be more of an everydown back, but he is a the backup, not the featured starter . .

Rats! I knew the Vikings would probably lose him, but was still hoping they would find a way to re-sign him. Well, at least now they can acquire an RFA if they so choose. I would predict either Leigh Bodden or Kirk Morrison (no inside info or anything, just a hunch).

But Sproles is a return threat . . Taylor isnt. taylor may be more of an everydown back, but he is a the backup, not the featured starter . .

Taylor was a backup to the best in the league, and sproles is still probably a backup after they draft an RB.

Like this move, makes more sense than Julius Peppers. :wacko:

But Chicago has no need for a return man. Manning, Hester, and Knox are all solid return men.

Taylor's skillset fits Martz' offense to a tee. He'll be able to compete for the starting job in camp. Blame the O-line all you want but Forte will be pushed.

Speaking of O-line, thankfully da bears have no first round pick this year, so I still don't see them hanging with the Vikes or packers yet. Let's see how the o-line shakes out.

Still, good signing for the Bears. Forte needs a freakin push. Let's see just how much of his suckitude was the OL after all (don't get me wrong it did suck).

Taylor provides a decent enough option if Forte isn't getting it done, but I think the two are pretty similar when all is said and done.

this was sarcasm. right?

Not at all.

Two seasons ago Chester Taylor was brought in to Minnesota at 28 years old to be the feature back. AP fell into their laps though, so Chester got bumped.

At age 30, he has a lot of tread on the tires. Not nearly the same wear and tear as LT at age 30.

With RBs like Maurice Morris, Aaron Brown, Cedric Peerman, the Lions made it very clear they were bringing in Taylor to be THE running back in Detroit.

who wants to be the starting RB for the Lions?

The bears weren't exactly awesome last year either though. Granted, the Lions like to set the bar low but it's not a head and shoulders difference.

Capable of being the #1 in this new offense.

They might as well just give him the top spot, and at a minimum, he's so much better as a backup than what the Bears have today.

This is a major splash for them. Hughly in favor of this one. :wacko:

It looks like Taylor will come in to compete for the job. Taylor and Forte have the same skills. How can you be a change of pace back when there's no change? :wacko: Forte had a terrible year. There weren't many holes to run to. I'd have like to keep Chester but I hope for the best for him.