[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Content: Wants, Likes etc

Looking for some feedback on what YOU the subscriber wants when it comes to IDP Content.

Would love to hear what the top 3 things are that you would like to see content wise

Anything you liked or disliked about content from last year.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Everybody must be too busy planning which IDPs to protect and go after in RFA! :D

I think the IDP content is great keg (and all)! :wacko:

Since any league I play in with IDP is a dynasty league, I'm always on the lookout for player movement and scheme change news. What are the odds Levy sticks in the middle? Does Jasper Brinley have any value playing behind an oft-injured Henderson? What teams may move to 3-4 from 4-3? Who has the most potential coming out of the draft...that sort of stuff.

It's a lot to keep up with for a handful of people so hopefully traffic in this forum will pick up and people in the know (not necessarily me) will post more often as I think the knowledge base is already here; just not making its way to the forum (I'm guilty here) for whatever reasons.

Obviously, dynasty rankings are a shot in the dark but might be helpful after the draft.

Also, as leagues become more specific about starting lineups, it may be necessary to start breaking out DTs and CBs, but the demand for that may be a season or two away.

One change I would like to see for rankings is to go beyond 50 players for each position as deeper leagues would have more players than this.

+1

Can anyone tell me if Kirk Morrison is worth the 3.2 rookie pick in a full blown dynasty? I have a hard time judging LB's worth....We can start 3 every week. He's 28yrs old.......How many years does he have left? Whats the average career span of a LB? :wacko:

+1

Can anyone tell me if Kirk Morrison is worth the 3.2 rookie pick in a full blown dynasty? I have a hard time judging LB's worth....We can start 3 every week. He's 28yrs old.......How many years does he have left? Whats the average career span of a LB? :wacko:

Worth 3.2 rookie pick? I would say so, but right now it's a toss up.

Oakland is making him the scapegoat for their poor run defense last season, and only tendered him with a 3rd. If he plays MLB in Oak, he's a machine. But if he stays and gets benched for someone with a bigger build, or ends up on another roster - who knows.

For 3.2 though it might be worth it, especially in a 16 team league.

imo

I think the IDP content is great keg (and all)! :wacko:

Since any league I play in with IDP is a dynasty league, I'm always on the lookout for player movement and scheme change news. What are the odds Levy sticks in the middle? Does Jasper Brinley have any value playing behind an oft-injured Henderson? What teams may move to 3-4 from 4-3? Who has the most potential coming out of the draft...that sort of stuff.

Obviously, dynasty rankings are a shot in the dark but might be helpful after the draft.

I agree with the above and like the idea of ranking more than 50 as well. in my dynasty league IDP I have a hard time finding 3 of my LB's on the top 50. So grab/draft and stash guys are always nice to know about as well especially with a taxi squad for 1st and 2nd year players.

Myabe add Dynasty IDP rankings? Top 150 or 200 or go crazy and do 50 per position?. This is probably only useful in offseason or startup dynasty but its something ive seen elsewhere and would like to see it here where i value TheHuddle's opinion most

Edited by TRU SOLDJA 22

• 2 weeks later...

I play a non-dynasty 10 team league that requires one IDP in the starting lineup every week. Your IDP section is perfect to help me figure out who to pick up if I need to make a change. 2009 I picked up Paul Pozluzny after his return and made a killing end of season thanks to Huddle information. Whatever you add, please keep what you're doing now! :wacko:

Looking for some feedback on what YOU the subscriber wants when it comes to IDP Content.

Would love to hear what the top 3 things are that you would like to see content wise

Anything you liked or disliked about content from last year.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

better trade offers.

also, coverage of the draft would be nice.

Maybe it's here already and I just didn't find it last year because I wasn't in IDP

But essentially what I would love to see is relative value comparison between ID players and offensive players and a breakdown of which positions on the IDP side are more valuable than others (like are LBs more valuable because they score more points, or is a high scoring safety in general more valuable because their are fewer of them)

Maybe it's here already and I just didn't find it last year because I wasn't in IDP

But essentially what I would love to see is relative value comparison between ID players and offensive players and a breakdown of which positions on the IDP side are more valuable than others (like are LBs more valuable because they score more points, or is a high scoring safety in general more valuable because their are fewer of them)

It would all depend on your scoring system, all leagues score things differently. In you look at ATAP or AOTAOP the scoring was taken into consideration and it varies by position. If you look at HFA it is the same across the board for Defense and your LB's are just as valuable as a WR.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback. I will check with the "powers that be", but ranking 50 LBs, DLs and DBs is already incredibly daunting. Our rankings are typically geared to the more "casual" fantasy football owner. Those that are in leagues that go deeper than 50 into those positions don't - again, typically - need the advice.... right? :wacko:

Bottom line, though... once you get past 50, they're all pretty much the same. If they start, or get regular playing time, then they're worthy of consideration.

Perhaps what we could do is rank the top 50, and then give a list of names that could potentially have value in extremely deep leagues that week. Alternatively, keg's in-depth matchup analysis could shed some light on "deeper" players.

Again, thanks for the input and we'll be working diligently to provide the best information to you all.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say, as a first year IDP drafter last year, that a draft strategy post would be great to review leading up to one's draft. I was gung-ho drafting big point players on Defense last year and my offense suffered, not to mention that some of your defensive players will come via free agency. I am sure this site can go above and beyond in IDP draft startegy. It is hard to keep up with all the injuries on defense, let alone know when to pick defense verses offense and any theories with ratios or startegies that are out there. An experienced player could write a book on IDP, I think... :wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the feedback. I will check with the "powers that be", but ranking 50 LBs, DLs and DBs is already incredibly daunting. Our rankings are typically geared to the more "casual" fantasy football owner. Those that are in leagues that go deeper than 50 into those positions don't - again, typically - need the advice.... right? :wacko:

Bottom line, though... once you get past 50, they're all pretty much the same. If they start, or get regular playing time, then they're worthy of consideration.

Perhaps what we could do is rank the top 50, and then give a list of names that could potentially have value in extremely deep leagues that week. Alternatively, keg's in-depth matchup analysis could shed some light on "deeper" players.

Again, thanks for the input and we'll be working diligently to provide the best information to you all.

Top 50 lists are fine. Take a 12-man IDP league starting 3 LB for example, you'd probably have roster space for 2 backups max, that's 60 LB total to track. But after the top 20-30 they all look the same. What I like about the huddle are the 'players to watch' features, and the impact of alignment shifts on the IDPs (very important info)

I've always used your rookie analysis during my local's offseason rookie drafts and all I can recommend is to keep adding content as the preseason unfolds and keep the content current.

IDP Content from this site has helped immensely the past 6+ years so no complaints from this huddler,

Scooby's Hubby: our league had drifted into waiting until the end of the auction to draft $1 IDP players at all positions. The novelty had worn off or something. Then last year, the opposite occured, big name players went for big bucks again and if you look at rankings or tiering I think you'll see there's a lot of merit in investing in top-tier IDP, especially at DE/DL (mind you I do not know your scoring system). Remember there are plenty of FA offensive guys as well, that pendulum swings both ways...good luck this year!