[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomlinson

Outshined

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he goes to the Vikings rather than the Jets, I just feel it would be a better fit. I actually wish the Redskins would've tried for Tomlinson, instead of Larry Johnson.. which I'm still hoping doesn't happen. Portis can't carry a full load, he can barely take half a load and stay healthy all season. Wouldn't mind spelling with Westbrook though. I see LT wanting to go to a team where he will have a better chance for a ring, he is getting up there in age so I believe he isn't all into stats and himself anymore.. almost all players want a ring, especially those who have almost achieved everything but winning a super bowl, or even appearing in one.

More than what they would pay LT?

Taylor's contract is actually pretty interesting:

Taylor's contract calls for him to earn $7 million of the $12.5 million this season, and he will collect all $7 million provided he meets participation requirements in the offseason program (typically 85 percent). The deal is friendly for the Bears in the coming seasons, also, with Taylor costing $1.275 million in 2011 and $1.775 million in 2012, a good price even if he's splitting time evenly with Forte.

Obviously noone's gonna pay LT 7 mill for this year.

From what i read, i don't think he's gonna sign.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad

More Spielman on Tomlinson: "There's no pressure to say, 'Hey, we have to get [the Tomlinson deal] done today.'"

about 1 hours ago via web

Spielman: "This could be a process that could continue on and [Tomlinson] may want to look at both options," meaning Vikings and Jets.

From what i read, i don't think he's gonna sign.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad

More Spielman on Tomlinson: "There's no pressure to say, 'Hey, we have to get [the Tomlinson deal] done today.'"

Spielman: "This could be a process that could continue on and [Tomlinson] may want to look at both options," meaning Vikings and Jets.

Spielman was on with PA earlier on KFAN. Said exactly what you'd expect him to...nothing definitive. He's got his poker face on and I am sure LT does as well. No one wants to surrender any leverage...

Spielman was on with PA earlier on KFAN. Said exactly what you'd expect him to...nothing definitive. He's got his poker face on and I am sure LT does as well. No one wants to surrender any leverage...

I don't think LT has any. He was one of the best ever, but that was yesterday.

ETA: Not trying to be a debbie downer here, i just wonder why a team would want someone who's lost a step to be a 3rd down back. Wouldn't you want someone with quickness who can catch some screens and run some draw plays, etc.

Edited by Jackass

I don't think LT has any. He was one of the best ever, but that was yesterday.

ETA: Not trying to be a debbie downer here, i just wonder why a team would want someone who's lost a step to be a 3rd down back. Wouldn't you want someone with quickness who can catch some screens and run some draw plays, etc.

LT still has a nose for the EZ...just think about the trouble a D would have with BOTH LT and AP flanked next to each other in the backfield.

Regarding this article, I have to believe that the top listed difference maker, chance at Superbowl, is also top in LT's mind. As one of the greatest RBs of all time, it's sad for him to finish his career never winning a SB. Of course, it may be just as sad for him to win the SB on any team other than SD, especially as a backup.

Regarding this article, I have to believe that the top listed difference maker, chance at Superbowl, is also top in LT's mind. As one of the greatest RBs of all time, it's sad for him to finish his career never winning a SB. Of course, it may be just as sad for him to win the SB on any team other than SD, especially as a backup.

So if a ring is his main goal, the NFC North is waaaay tougher then the AFC east (especially with the bears actually doing poopy in FA) so wouldn't that mean going to the Jets makes the most sense?

Shonn Greene is the future of the Jets run game, no question. LT has 1....maybe 2 serviceable seasons left in him. Bringing him in to NY and have him splitting time until he runs out of gas seems really reasonable.

Edited by FloydofRosedale

So if a ring is his main goal, the NFC North is waaaay tougher then the AFC east (especially with the bears actually doing poopy in FA) so wouldn't that mean going to the Jets makes the most sense?

Was there some realignment that i'm not aware of?

Was there some realignment that i'm not aware of?

bills suck, dolphins suck, and the pats aren't nearly as good as they once were....not really big news

in the north the packers and vikings are both top of class for NFC, if the bears were in NFC south or west I could see them easily competing for the top of the division. The lions do suck but thats a given.....but with that in mind, i would say the NFC north is definitely tougher then the AFC east

Looks like the same contract as TJ got. Kind of strange as TJ seemed like a much better player last year. They must have felt TJ wouldn't except a backup role and LT convinced them that he would. :wacko:

Julius Jones would look good behind the Jets line