[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Quinn on the Block

kpholmes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modrak is probably talking to his former team about a QB.....Seattle is doing the same as well..

likely candidates are McNabb for Seattle and Kolb for Cleveland...

Seattle has apparently offered a couple future draft picks...but why not for 2010?....and I'm pretty sure Modrak is willing to offer at least a 2nd for Kolb

:wacko:

I wouldn't mind Quinn in Oakland... he and Gradkowski could probably put up a decent competition for the starting job.

Then Al could redeem himself for drafting the wrong QB...

Heck, if your looking for a lousy QB, I'm sure Leaf is looking and probably get him on the cheap... wait..... that's not a Davis trait. Okay, you'll need to offer Leaf a 30 million, 5 year contract with a 4 million dollar signing bonus and he's all yours for another fabulous season!

Heck, if your looking for a lousy QB, I'm sure Leaf is looking and probably get him on the cheap... wait..... that's not a Davis trait. Okay, you'll need to offer Leaf a 30 million, 5 year contract with a 4 million dollar signing bonus and he's all yours for another fabulous season!

Quinn is a far better QB than Jamarcus, Leaf and Gradkowski.

It's pretty hard to be successful at the QB position when your team trades away your star TE and your star WR, who was already dropping half of what you threw at him.

Quinn had a rough season. Who wouldn't in that situation?

I think he's being written off WAY too quickly.

I don't believe Brady Quinn is a good fit in Oakland. Quinn had no recievers in Cleveland excluding Edwards who obviously didn't perform up to his fullest from being unhappy and Quinn going to Oakland where they're no apparent recievers other than louis murphy, in my opinion, he really doesn't stand a chance there. Also, given the fact that the raiders released the best rb on their team, Fargas. Mcfadden gets hurt quite often and isn't the hardnose rb he was in college. The raiders do have a nice TE tho.. but what could Quinn do with Winslow? I would rather see Delhomme in Oakland.

Edited by Ayestunod

I don't believe Brady Quinn is a good fit in Oakland. Quinn had no receivers in Cleveland excluding Edwards who obviously didn't perform up to his fullest from being unhappy and Quinn going to Oakland where they're no apparent receivers other than louis murphy, in my opinion, he really doesn't stand a chance there. Also, given the fact that the raiders released the best rb on their team, Fargas. Mcfadden gets hurt quite often and isn't the hardnose rb he was in college. The raiders do have a nice TE tho.. but what could Quinn do with Winslow? I would rather see Delhomme in Oakland.

ROFL, I love the Oakland mentality now. Which loser can we get to help us fail this year!

In all honesty, I am huge Bronco fan so would love to see nothing more than that rivalry revitalized but as long as Davis is alive and in charge, Oakland will never see another winning season. Mind you, Al Davis did allot for this sport and actually had a brilliant football mind, at one time but now he is only a detriment.

Quinn is a far better QB than Jamarcus, Leaf and Gradkowski.

It's pretty hard to be successful at the QB position when your team trades away your star TE and your star WR, who was already dropping half of what you threw at him.

Quinn had a rough season. Who wouldn't in that situation?

I think he's being written off WAY too quickly.

What makes you think you know more than the people that work for the Browns and are evaluating him every day and whose professional livelihood is dependent on making these decisions correctly?

What makes you think you know more than the people that work for the Browns and are evaluating him every day and whose professional livelihood is dependent on making these decisions correctly?

My point exactly. Holmgren has a decent eye for talent (anyone remember that cat Farve?) and if he has some reluctancy towards the kid, there is a reason for other teams to have some concern.

I think Quinn will have a long NFL career, but looking at the starter hoping for a serious injury.

To be honest, I hope I'm wrong about the kid but just from everything I've seen from him so far, he has no stomach for the NFL. Oakland should be apologizing to Garcia in hopes they can bait him back somehow.

I don't believe Brady Quinn is a good fit in Oakland. Quinn had no recievers in Cleveland excluding Edwards who obviously didn't perform up to his fullest from being unhappy and Quinn going to Oakland where they're no apparent recievers other than louis murphy, in my opinion, he really doesn't stand a chance there. Also, given the fact that the raiders released the best rb on their team, Fargas. Mcfadden gets hurt quite often and isn't the hardnose rb he was in college. The raiders do have a nice TE tho.. but what could Quinn do with Winslow? I would rather see Delhomme in Oakland.

Ok... let's try and tackle these points one at a time:

Braylon Edwards was not under performing because he was unhappy, he was under performing because he had more drops than any other WR in the NFL, by a significant margin. (Drops are not an NFL stat, but other websites have kept track of this). So if dropping is a chronic problem of Braylon's, I suppose it's not under peforming at all, and is in fact his standard level of performance.

Concerning the Raider's receivers, you're obviously forgetting about Chaz Schilens, who showed a tremendous amount of talent before being injured last year. I don't expect anyone to actually watch Raider games, so I don't blame you. Now, he's no Anquan Boldin, but at 6'4", 225 he's a great possession receiver that was able to go up and get the ball, and really help his QBs.

The Raiders released their most productive running back, not to be confused with their best. I think most people will agree Michael Bush is their best running back, except Irish, Seahawks21, and Cunning Runt. And I don't think McFadden has ever been described as "hardnosed," even in college. He's lacked lower body strength and gives up after first contact. Fargas was cut because he failed his physical... which says something.

How many games did Quinn start with Winslow there? A handful of games his rookie year?

I don't think you're giving Zach Miller enough credit, because he is a monster in the passing game. With the improvement of the offensive line, he isn't obligated to stay in and block and really opens up the offense. Murphy/Schillens/Miller aren't bad targets for a young QB, and considering Gradkowski was able to beat Pittsburgh, Philly and Cinncy last season with them, I'd say Quinn would "stand a chance" at the least.

And after Delhome came to Oakland two years ago and went 7/27 and threw 4 picks, I would be shocked to see him in the Silver and Black. Al Davis has a history of remembering how players perform against his team at home, and holds it against them for a long time.

Welcome to The Huddle :wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

Braylon Edwards was not under performing because he was unhappy, he was under performing because he had more drops than any other WR in the NFL, by a significant margin. (Drops are not an NFL stat, but other websites have kept track of this). So if dropping is a chronic problem of Braylon's, I suppose it's not under peforming at all, and is in fact his standard level of performance.

Concerning the Raider's receivers, you're obviously forgetting about Chaz Schilens, who showed a tremendous amount of talent before being injured last year. I don't expect anyone to actually watch Raider games, so I don't blame you. Now, he's no Anquan Boldin, but at 6'4", 225 he's a great possession receiver that was able to go up and get the ball, and really help his QBs.

The Raiders released their most productive running back, not to be confused with their best. I think most people will agree Michael Bush is their best running back, except Irish, Seahawks21, and Cunning Runt. And I don't think McFadden has ever been described as "hardnosed," even in college. He's lacked lower body strength and gives up after first contact. Fargas was cut because he failed his physical... which says something.

How many games did Quinn start with Winslow there? A handful of games his rookie year?

I don't think you're giving Zach Miller enough credit, because he is a monster in the passing game. With the improvement of the offensive line, he isn't obligated to stay in and block and really opens up the offense. Murphy/Schillens/Miller aren't bad targets for a young QB, and considering Gradkowski was able to beat Pittsburgh, Philly and Cinncy last season with them, I'd say Quinn would "stand a chance" at the least.

And after Delhome came to Oakland two years ago and went 7/27 and threw 4 picks, I would be shocked to see him in the Silver and Black. Al Davis has a history of remembering how players perform against his team at home, and holds it against them for a long time.

It was actually Jamarcus that beat Philly not Gradkowski (he beat Cincy, Den & Pitt, I know it gets confusing when you win so many) but good post otherwise :D

Teach the newbie something :D

It was actually Jamarcus that beat Philly not Gradkowski (he beat Cincy, Den & Pitt, I know it gets confusing when you win so many) but good post otherwise :D

Teach the newbie something :wacko:

My mistake, Gradkowski came in the next week against NYJ.

You're right though, makes my point that much stronger, and much more embarrassing for your Eagles being beaten by Jamarcus. :D

Fair enough. I don't watch Raider games but I do play FF so when it comes to production, such as fargas for the Raiders.. I take him as being the better RB.

I never put down Zach Miller and gave him quite a bit of credibility seeing that I was comparing him to Winslow jr.

JaMarcus Russell: 2008.. 8 INTs... 12 fumbles.. 15 gms..

2009.. 11 INTs... 9 fumbles.. 9 gms..

Those stats alone would be a reason why Al Davis wouldn't mind taking a look at Delhomme as a backup or starter, who knows.. maybe i'm wrong. I'm just a newbie. You have good points though, some of them.

I appreciate the welcome!

Edited by Ayestunod

I think most people will agree Michael Bush is their best running back, except Irish, Seahawks21, and Cunning Runt.

Let it go.

And don't put words in my mouth. Going into last year, I thought McFadden would get the lion's share of carries. I don't recall ever saying he was necessarily their best back.