[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns continue to acquire terrible quarterbacks

CaptainHook

This isn't terrible. He might have some life left in him, and clearly rebuilding, he seems like the type that can be a good mentor.

This guy got every ounce of talent out of his body, and it's not like they are signing away the franchise for him.

I don't question why Cleveland would want him, I question why he would want Cleveland.

This isn't terrible. He might have some life left in him, and clearly rebuilding, he seems like the type that can be a good mentor.

Yea, he's been awful since the loss to the Cards, but having a vet QB in the locker room (especially one with playoff/super bowl experience) can make a hugh difference when trying to develop younger guys, whether it be Quinn or a draft pick.

This guy got every ounce of talent out of his body, and it's not like they are signing away the franchise for him.

I don't question why Cleveland would want him, I question why he would want Cleveland.

I would bet that out of all the places that wanted him, he's got the best chance to start here.

Would I want him as my starter? Nope.

Would I want him to mentor my younger guys? Yep.

Would I rather have him as a coach than as a player? Yep.

So what does Delhomme have that Quinn doesn't? In addition to 55 more victories, a Pro Bowl, two NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl appearance, he has that magic bullet known as the West Coast offense in his arsenal.

Delhomme spent three seasons learning Holmgren's preferred scheme from Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, who was his offensive coordinator in New Orleans from 2000-02. Like Wallace, Delhomme is well-versed in the West Coast, to which the Browns are making a seismic shift.

As for Quinn, it's unknown if he'll show up for the start of the voluntary off-season program on Monday, but it wouldn't be surprising if he stays away. He still has plenty of supporters throughout the NFL, including Kansas City offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, who coached him at Notre Dame. The Broncos were also rumored to have interest in him last year.

Edited by loaf

Now they've traded Quinn for a fullback.

If I was a Browns fan, I'd be pissed. In the past year, they've traded away Kellen Winslow Jr, Braylon Edwards, and Brady Quinn for NOTHING. They released Derek Anderson. Jamal Lewis retires. They replace their one-time Pro Bowl QB, and their first-round-QB-of-the-future with a washed up, turnover-prone Jake Delhomme and career back-up Seneca Wallace. :D

Good thing they re-signed their punt and kick returner though! :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

Now they've traded Quinn for a fullback.

If I was a Browns fan, I'd be pissed. In the past year, they've traded away Kellen Winslow Jr, Braylon Edwards, and Brady Quinn for NOTHING. They released Derek Anderson. Jamal Lewis retires. They replace their one-time Pro Bowl QB, and their first-round-QB-of-the-future with a washed up, turnover-prone Jake Delhomme and career back-up Seneca Wallace. :D

Good thing they re-signed their punt and kick returner though! :wacko:

There was no confidence in Quinn, at all. They did however get a great FB in Hillis. I was surprised that McDaniels didn't give Hillis more of a roll in the 2009 Broncos scheme after his stellar performance in the later 2008 season.

There was no confidence in Quinn, at all. They did however get a great FB in Hillis. I was surprised that McDaniels didn't give Hillis more of a roll in the 2009 Broncos scheme after his stellar performance in the later 2008 season.

Finding a great running fullback is kinda like winning first place in an ugliest person contest. What good does that do them? They have no QB, no RB, no WR, no TE. But hey, we've got a fullback and a punt returner! That oughta sell some season tix!

Finding a great running fullback is kinda like winning first place in an ugliest person contest. What good does that do them? They have no QB, no RB, no WR, no TE. But hey, we've got a fullback and a punt returner! That oughta sell some season tix!

While I agree that Brady Quinn for a Fullback looks absolutely pathetic on paper, Jerome Harrison didn't look awful last year. And Josh Cribbs will need someone to seal the edge for him when he's playing QB... :wacko:

I'd say Holmgrem is doing what most GM's that take over bad franchises should do - cut the dead weight, and start from scratch. Don't try and build with the pieces there.

While I agree that Brady Quinn for a Fullback looks absolutely pathetic on paper, Jerome Harrison didn't look awful last year. And Josh Cribbs will need someone to seal the edge for him when he's playing QB... :wacko:

I'd say Holmgrem is doing what most GM's that take over bad franchises should do - cut the dead weight, and start from scratch. Don't try and build with the pieces there.

Hillis is a quality football player, if not a superstar. The Browns best players last year were Joe Thomas and Josh Cribbs; they are still there.

I'll take Holmgren's record of rebuilding sad-sack franchises over Captain Hook's.

Hillis is a quality football player, if not a superstar. The Browns best players last year were Joe Thomas and Josh Cribbs; they are still there.

I'll take Holmgren's record of rebuilding sad-sack franchises over Captain Hook's.

Hey. I wanted the Colts to draft Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf!

Superstar is a little aggressive, isnt it? :wacko:

Superstar is a little aggressive, isnt it? :wacko:

+1

Michael Jordan was a superstar.

Jerry Rice was a superstar.

Peyton Hillis is... an above average fullback.

And if you made a list ordering offensive positions by importance, Fullback will more often than not be found near the bottom. (Based on the type of offense being executed of course)

I am just surprised the Browns didnt get Scheffler (a pass catching TE is a vital piece of the WCO) in the deal . . ..

because we picked up Ben Watson last week as well.