[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charlie Whitehurst nearly a Seahawk

Medal of Honor

What are you talking about? Whitehurst was at Texas and was a much better QB than Sims. He's never been given a chance to start except for preseason. He played at Texas with Ricky Williams when the entire offense was Williams run left, Williams run right. What does Spiller have to do with Whitehurst?

If he played with Ricky Williams, he's a lot older than 28.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehurst, Applewhite, what's the difference? I just can't wrap my hands around why the Seahawks gave up so much for him, then only signed him to a 2-year deal. Instead of paying 8 million for two years, you think they could have gotten him for four years at 11 or 12. I think this gives them a pretty short time frame to see if he can actually play. My hunch is that if he comes into camp and looks and plays like a starter, he'll be given the shot right away and Matt will be sent up the road.

this move has Trent Green/Shaub/Hasselbeck written all over it. one of those moves where the team knows more than we do. Just a gut feeling.

Don't remember all the details around Green and Hassellbeck so someone will have to refresh my memory. With Schaub though, he was being talked about for a while as being a starter level talent. Whitehurst came out of nowhere - he wasn't even the 2nd stringer last near - so not really the same situation IMO.

• 2 months later...

From Dave Boling:

At quarterback, Whitehurst had a pretty nice series in a two-minute session, but he threw two picks in the Red Zone, too. For my money, and I think I've seen every OTA session that has been open to us, I think JP Losman is far closer to being a game-ready productive quarterback than Whitehurst. Losman really has a big-time arm on him, and an awful lot of experience.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/20.../#ixzz0rgEHgLM2

Edited by budlitebrad