[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan-Notre Dame set as Big House’s night debut

buddahj

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP)—Michigan will play its first night game at the Big House in 2011 against Notre Dame.

New athletic director Dave Brandon made the announcement Thursday.

Brandon expects it to be an unprecedented atmosphere at Michigan Stadium, adding a new chapter to the rivalry between two of college football’s most storied programs.

The Wolverines have played the Fighting Irish at night three times—losing in 1982, 1988 and 1990 by an average of four points, all at Notre Dame Stadium.

Michigan leads 21-15-1 in the all-time series that started in 1887.

Notre Dame and Michigan are scheduled to play each year through 2017, then take two years off to play other teams, before resuming the rivalry in 2020 through 2031.

I think it's good for Michigan and once they experience a night game with the rocking big house they will love it.

I also think the players will love it and it's something the players look forward too. I could see this as a slight image remake. Rich Rod is trying to create that enviroment that creates excitement and sticks in the minds of recruits.

Rich Rod remembers nights games at WVU and they are pretty dag gone rowdy in the hills of Morgantown.

I see no significance in this game... Let me know when either of these teams is worth a sh!t and I'll tune in.

Sorry, I HATE ND!!! And since my entire family are MSU fans don't much care for Mich either.