[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

Flip_Side

Another Dolphins starter, cornerback Will Allen, was arrested and charged with DUI in Miami Beach on Feb. 20. A third Dolphin, defensive lineman Tony McDaniel, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery in a domestic dispute on Feb. 7.

Keep this up & they will be on par with the Bengals.

nah, this is Ronnies first issue and one that could happen to the best of us. Ronnie is a high character guy.

Miami might need a RB anyway - but he would be a mid round back and would be drafted whether this happened or not. dumb move by Ronnie though.

nah, this is Ronnies first issue and one that could happen to the best of us. Ronnie is a high character guy.

Miami might need a RB anyway - but he would be a mid round back and would be drafted whether this happened or not. dumb move by Ronnie though.

With all due respect, that's debatable. Ronnie Brown has the means(read $$$) to take limos and/or hire a driver if he wants to go out and get his drink on. There is no excuse for these guys(for whom money is no object) to continue to drink and then drive themselves around. Period.

With all due respect, that's debatable. Ronnie Brown has the means(read $$$) to take limos and/or hire a driver if he wants to go out and get his drink on. There is no excuse for these guys(for whom money is no object) to continue to drink and then drive themselves around. Period.

If he was absolutely blasted, sure. But if he was only slightly over the limit, he may well not have percieved himself as being drunk. He wasn't swerving or hitting cars, but rather changed lanes w/o signalling. Did he make a bad decision? Sure. Is he of bad character? Not really. To lump Ronnie in with 'these guys' and say that he is part of a group that 'continues' to drink and drive themselves around is just not fair. I would think that Ronnie needs to be evaluated on his own merits and shortcomings - not by the actions of his peers. He may well have been 3x the legal limit - I don't know, that all hasn't come out yet. Until it does - I have to evaluate him for the person he has been since he came into the league.

Edited by Duchess Jack

If he was absolutely blasted, sure. But if he was only slightly over the limit, he may well not have percieved himself as being drunk. He wasn't swerving or hitting cars, but rather changed lanes w/o signalling. Did he make a bad decision? Sure. Is he of bad character? Not really. To lump Ronnie in with 'these guys' and say that he is part of a group that 'continues' to drink and drive themselves around is just not fair. I would think that Ronnie needs to be evaluated on his own merits and shortcomings - not by the actions of his peers. He may well have been 3x the legal limit - I don't know, that all hasn't come out yet. Until it does - I have to evaluate him for the person he has been since he came into the league.

Bottom line is he was drinking and then he got in a vehicle and drove it in a manner that got him pulled over and subsequently busted. You may be right that he is a good guy and all that, but (at the moment) it is very fair to label him as one of "those guys" that drinks and then takes the chance on driving. A guy with his means doesnt even need to take the chance (especially in light of the Stallworth thing and all the other pro jocks that are getting busted) which makes it all the sillier that he rolled the dice and got nailed.

Bottom line is he was drinking and then he got in a vehicle and drove it in a manner that got him pulled over and subsequently busted. You may be right that he is a good guy and all that, but (at the moment) it is very fair to label him as one of "those guys" that drinks and then takes the chance on driving. A guy with his means doesnt even need to take the chance (especially in light of the Stallworth thing and all the other pro jocks that are getting busted) which makes it all the sillier that he rolled the dice and got nailed.

Do you think that there was ever a time that you 'might' have been boarderline per the legal limit and got behind the wheel? It does not matter if you were caught or not Chances are that it wasn't until late that you said 'man, that was stupid'.. Does that make you a bad character person? Now - I am by no means defending drunk driving. He obviously made a mistake. He got caught and he needs to pay the piper and hopefully he will learn from this. I just don't think that this one error in judgement makes him a bad character guy. If it does - than I would suggest that 80% of the people here are bad character people.

granted - the error in judgement grows in accordance with how high above the limit he was.

Do you think that there was ever a time that you 'might' have been boarderline per the legal limit and got behind the wheel? It does not matter if you were caught or not Chances are that it wasn't until late that you said 'man, that was stupid'.. Does that make you a bad character person? Now - I am by no means defending drunk driving. He obviously made a mistake. He got caught and he needs to pay the piper and hopefully he will learn from this. I just don't think that this one error in judgement makes him a bad character guy. If it does - than I would suggest that 80% of the people here are bad character people.

granted - the error in judgement grows in accordance with how high above the limit he was.

This.

I hear what you are saying, and I am not trying to say the guy is a total creep with no conscience or something like that. I am just saying it was pretty friggin dumb of him(as it is for any of these high profile guys) to even take the chance when they have to means to make it a complete non-issue. The cost for him to hire a limo or driver is NOTHING to him so he really has NO excuse for driving himself drunk. There's really no excuse for the average Joe to do it, either, but (in his case) the cost of safe transportation hits him a lot harder so I can maybe see why he'd take the chance moreso than the millionaire athlete. Again, not excusing the avg Joe, just saying I can see how that happens more easily than I can with someone like Ronnie Brown....

Edited by Delicious_bass

I hear what you are saying, and I am not trying to say the guy is a total creep with no conscience or something like that. I am just saying it was pretty friggin dumb of him(as it is for any of these high profile guys) to even take the chance when they have to means to make it a complete non-issue. The cost for him to hire a limo or driver is NOTHING to him so he really has NO excuse for driving himself drunk. There's really no excuse for the average Joe to do it, either, but (in his case) the cost of safe transportation hits him a lot harder so I can maybe see why he'd take the chance moreso than the millionaire athlete.

I hear what you are saying. This has always been a big issue for me as well. If he was borderline though - he might not have even thought he needed to get a driver. If he was tanked - than, yeah - it does not make sense. I have the feeling - and am hoping that it is the former, because he didn't get pulled over for being reckless - but not using a signal to change lanes.

I hear what you are saying, and I am not trying to say the guy is a total creep with no conscience or something like that. I am just saying it was pretty friggin dumb of him(as it is for any of these high profile guys) to even take the chance when they have to means to make it a complete non-issue. The cost for him to hire a limo or driver is NOTHING to him so he really has NO excuse for driving himself drunk. There's really no excuse for the average Joe to do it, either, but (in his case) the cost of safe transportation hits him a lot harder so I can maybe see why he'd take the chance moreso than the millionaire athlete. Again, not excusing the avg Joe, just saying I can see how that happens more easily than I can with someone like Ronnie Brown....

I don't think these points are being argued against. Rather the fact that this casts him as "one of those guys", placing him in league with some of the derelicts and bad seeds in the league.

Hell, anyone who can afford to go out and get a drink can afford another $20 to get home safe. May not be a limo, but what the hell. That doesn't mean that you wouldn't rather wake up with your car in your driveway, so many push their luck if they've "only had a few". This is stupid and careless, yet not different than many of the people we all consider as friends.

I hear what you are saying. This has always been a big issue for me as well. If he was borderline though - he might not have even thought he needed to get a driver. If he was tanked - than, yeah - it does not make sense. I have the feeling - and am hoping that it is the former, because he didn't get pulled over for being reckless - but not using a signal to change lanes.

I dont mean to keep arguing this, but my point is he didnt need to even take the chance. Whether he had two drinks or two dozen, he could have arranged to have a limo bring him home and he would have taken away ANY possibility that he'd get into any kind of trouble. He chose to roll the dice...

From the article...

Brown, according to the Herald report, was arrested after being pulled over for making a lane change without properly signaling. He "performed poorly" in the field sobriety test, the report said, and was released from jail early Saturday morning.

I obviously dont know for sure, but it sounds like he wasnt just borderline... :wacko:

I don't think these points are being argued against. Rather the fact that this casts him as "one of those guys", placing him in league with some of the derelicts and bad seeds in the league.

Hell, anyone who can afford to go out and get a drink can afford another $20 to get home safe. May not be a limo, but what the hell. That doesn't mean that you wouldn't rather wake up with your car in your driveway, so many push their luck if they've "only had a few". This is stupid and careless, yet not different than many of the people we all consider as friends.

When I say "one of those guys" (or similar) I am comparing him to the other athletes/celebs who have the means to easily arrange safe transportation on a night of drinking but choose to drive themselves and take the chance on something bad happening. I am not trying to throw Brown in with the rapists, wife beaters, killers, etc.

And to your point about "anyone who can afford to go out and get a drink can afford another $20 to get home safe" that may technically be true but that $20 or whatever hits that guy harder than it does someone with millions. And (like you said) avg Joe might take the chance cause he wants to get his car home cause he has to be to work in the morning and doesnt want to spend another $20 to take a cab to get his car in the morning or for a cab ride to work.

Money is no object to Ronnie Brown. He could afford to take a limo anywhere/everywhere he wanted to go and it wouldnt make a dent in his wallet. Hell, he could have his agent or assistant/publicist/etc arrange the rides for him if he's too busy or lazy to do it himself. He REALLY has no excuse for taking the chance. None.

Most of us have probably driven drunk. He got caught. It was his first offense. Luckily noone was injured. I highly doubt this incident will impact his status with the team.

+1

I probably haven't been over the limit and behind the wheel in at least 48 hours (I kid, I kid). The guy changed lanes without a blinker. If it turns out he has a .9 BA level than I think he just has bad luck. Truth is I really only look down on the people who are way over, driving dangerously, or don't learn.

+1

I probably haven't been over the limit and behind the wheel in at least 48 hours (I kid, I kid). The guy changed lanes without a blinker. If it turns out he has a .9 BA level than I think he just has bad luck. Truth is I really only look down on the people who are way over, driving dangerously, or don't learn.

If it turns out he had a .9 BAC?? :wacko: He'd be dead as a doornail! :D I think you mean .09

And whether he had .09 or friggin .99, the point is he has ZERO excuse for driving himself. He (along with a lot of athletes/celebs/etc) have the means to ensure they'd never have to drive themselves anywhere the rest of their days if they dont want to. Yet, time after time, many of them are rolling the dice and taking their chances. Just makes no sense to me :D

If it turns out he had a .9 BAC?? :wacko: He'd be dead as a doornail! :D I think you mean .09

And whether he had .09 or friggin .99, the point is he has ZERO excuse for driving himself. He (along with a lot of athletes/celebs/etc) have the means to ensure they'd never have to drive themselves anywhere the rest of their days if they dont want to. Yet, time after time, many of them are rolling the dice and taking their chances. Just makes no sense to me :D

Easier said than done. I know when i drive my mercedes to a party, i don't like leaving it some garage overnight. Not to mention the blow in the glove compartment and the ladies i'm with who usually don't like to take the subway.

And there we have it...

From the article...

Brown, a native of Cartersville, Ga., was in Georgia to attend a dinner celebration for his parents' anniversary. Following the dinner, Brown and a cousin went to a club before he made the decision to drive home, sources said.
I am quite sure Brown knew about his folks' anniversary for a while (they do tend to be on the same date each year, after all). Maybe the decision to go clubbing afterward was impromptu, but still...this was a night he knew well in advance he was going to be out and about and booze was going to be a part of the equation. I will stand by my assertion that Ronnie Brown had absolutely NO excuse for not setting up a ride that night. None :wacko: