[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This years rise into the top 10 RB list

armchairwarrior

Who that was out of the top 10 last year do you think will break the top 10 this year at the RB position.

I had a strong feeling for Shon Green and J Charles until LT and TJ croweded the backfield. They still could get in there but not with as big a bang as I was hoping.

My semi dark horse however, is D McFadden and/or M Bush.

With Fargas out of the way and a decent Oline the "healthy" should get a lot of carries and if Gradkowski is the QB then they will have a respectable passing game.

Other choice would be B Jacobs, again if he can stay healthy.

i think i had some research in a thread last year that showed that 2-3 "older" RBs usually comprise the top 10...unfortunately I think that research has gone the way of a deleted thread...maybe BJ can help find it if it is still alive

i think i had some research in a thread last year that showed that 2-3 "older" RBs usually comprise the top 10...unfortunately I think that research has gone the way of a deleted thread...maybe BJ can help find it if it is still alive

:wacko:this?

full thread

80% of the seasons btwn 89-08 have had one or more running back age 28 or older rank top 5 in rushing.

The following numbers are based on tstats from 1989-2008

24%(57 of 240) of the top 12 rushers were age 28 or older

24%(24 of 100) of the top 5 rushers for those 20 years were age 28 or older.

35% (7 of 20) of the time the rushing title winner was age 28 or older.

found it

From 89-08

Top 12 rushers 28+ yo

89 5

90 2

91 3

92 1

93 0

94 1

95 2

96 3

97 3

98 3

99 2

00 3

01 5

02 2

03 3

04 4

05 3

06 4

07 6

08 2

Top 5 rushers 28+ yo

89 2

90 1

91 1

92 0

93 0

94 0

95 0

96 1

97 1

98 2

99 1

00 1

01 3

02 1

03 0

04 3

05 2

06 1

07 3

08 1

Edited by keggerz

Cedric Benson was just out of the top 10 in our PPR league (12th) and averaged 14 pts per game he played. That was the right amount to be in the top 5-10 for us if he'd stayed healthy. If he can stay healthy this year I think he'd be in the running for top 10. Though that is a big IF.

Even with TJ in KC, I think Charles can be in the top 10 in 2010. First half of 2009 he only got 2-6 carries per game. It wasn't until game 10 that he was handed the #1 RB position and 14-25 carries per game. Just counting from game 10 on, only Chris Johnson scored more fantasy points in our league than Jamaal Charles. What it really depends on, is TJ the backup/relief/change of pace back or will the two actually split carries. I think with Jones' age, he'll be the former and allow Charles to be a top 10 fantasy back.

What do you think of Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams? Will CAR go more run heavy and produce a top 10 RB? They were pretty close as it was, #14 and #17 in our league, and did generally do more rush attempts than pass attempts last half of the season with Moore as QB.

RBs that will be 28+ at some point in 2010 season

(alphabetical)

Cedric Benson

Ronnie Brown

CBuck

Fred Jackson

Brandon Jacobs

Larry Johnson

Julius Jones

Thomas Jones

Willis McGahee

Willie Parker

Clinton Portis

Chester Taylor

Ladanian Tomlinson

Michael Turner

Derrick Ward

Brian Westbrook

Cadillac Williams

Edited by keggerz

RBs that will be 28+ at some point in 2010 season

(alphabetical)

Cedric Benson

Ronnie Brown

CBuck

Fred Jackson

Brandon Jacobs

Larry Johnson

Julius Jones

Thomas Jones

Willis McGahee

Willie Parker

Clinton Portis

Chester Taylor

Ladanian Tomlinson

Michael Turner

Derrick Ward

Brian Westbrook

Cadillac Williams

Off this list, I'd lean towards Fred Jackson. Just a hunch.

i guess from an age standpoint this is often the case. -but it's not so much about age as it is about treadwear. (with the exception of Thomas Jones, who seems to be the exception to everything) i do like Fred Jackson, who i believe is 29y/o,but i would hardley consider him an "old" back. i'm just not sure i'll try to target the one or two "old" backs that land in the top ten or twelve. i'm much more comfortable taking my chance's on a "young" back....-and in any kind of keeper league it's absolutely mandatory.

i guess from an age standpoint this is often the case. -but it's not so much about age as it is about treadwear. (with the exception of Thomas Jones, who seems to be the exception to everything) i do like Fred Jackson, who i believe is 29y/o,but i would hardley consider him an "old" back. i'm just not sure i'll try to target the one or two "old" backs that land in the top ten or twelve. i'm much more comfortable taking my chance's on a "young" back....-and in any kind of keeper league it's absolutely mandatory.

the milaege on the older backs this yr does seem light....i didnt do the research on mileage 4 those20ish yrs but from what i remember they mostly would have been considered high mileage n older...but i also understand your pov

if he doesn't fall apart....I concur..

Avernus: This doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but I just have to say...those boobs in your picture make me happy I wake up everyday.

BTW...I like J. Charles and P. Thomas to break into the top 10 this year especially in PPR leagues. What the hell...I see it playing out kinda like this (PPR scoring format)

1. Chris Johnson

2. Adrian Peterson

3. MJD

4. Ray Rice

5. Frank Gore

6. Steven Jackson

7. Michael Turner

8. Jamaal Charles

9. Pierre Thomas

10. Ronnie Brown / DeAngelo Williams / Joseph Addai ....take your pick.

Edited by Ram Man