[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb a Ram?

i_am_the_swammi

First rumbles of McNabb-to-Raiders trade terms emerge

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 6:37 PM ET

Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made. We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned. This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this one happening. If it does then they would probably take Suh at #1. The Rams need to build the franchise around Bradford and they're hurting big time as far as fans. The dome is quieter than a small town library on Sundays now and IMO, the fans need something to buy into immediately and letting him ride the pine for 2 years or so to mature just won't work - they need to toss him right into the fire a la Sanchez and Stafford style.

Coach says Rams aren't trying to acquire McNabb

March 25, 2010

CBSSports.com wire reports

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo joined the chorus of denial regarding reports that the Rams are close to a deal for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Spagnuolo said Thursday while visiting the Cardinals spring training camp that "there's nothing to that."

Spagnuolo said "at this time of the year, there are going to be all kinds of things. But no, there's nothing there."

Spagnuolo was at Cardinals camp in Jupiter, Fla., following the NFL owners meetings in Orlando. He visited manager Tony La Russa and will watch some spring training games.

Spagnuolo said he doesn't put much stock in trade rumors. Those include reports Wednesday by media outlets in Philadelphia that the Rams had offered a second-round draft pick and safety Oshiomoghe Atogwe for McNabb.

Copyright 2010 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made. We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned. This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

It would be BEYOND stupid for the Raiders to trade Nmadi Asomugha for McNabb. It would be one of the stupidest moves ever made in the history of the NFL. It would be Herschel Walker trade bad.

So, in other words, it wouldn't surprise me.

It would be BEYOND stupid for the Raiders to trade Nmadi Asomugha for McNabb. It would be one of the stupidest moves ever made in the history of the NFL. It would be Herschel Walker trade bad.

So, in other words, it wouldn't surprise me.

I looked at it the other way around...

McNabb and Asante for Asomougha?.....I know he's the 2nd best corner in the league right now....but really?

I looked at it the other way around...

McNabb and Asante for Asomougha?.....I know he's the 2nd best corner in the league right now....but really?

There are very few complete shut-down corners in the league. The value of these guys is tremendous. McNabb is a solid QB who is coming to the end of his career. If I were the Eagles and had an opportunity to do that trade, I wouldn't hesitate for a second, in fact, I would be celebrating the robbery that I just completed.

There are very few complete shut-down corners in the league. The value of these guys is tremendous. McNabb is a solid QB who is coming to the end of his career. If I were the Eagles and had an opportunity to do that trade, I wouldn't hesitate for a second, in fact, I would be celebrating the robbery that I just completed.

:cough: bullsh1t :/cough: Most other franchises would be up in arms right now if it was their team that McNabb played for and these rumors were flying.

McNabb still has another 4-5 years left and Asante is just outside the top 5 corners in the league...

is the trade for just Asomougha or is it for him and a pick?

:cough: bullsh1t :/cough: Most other franchises would be up in arms right now if it was their team that McNabb played for and these rumors were flying.

I wouldn't be. If I were an Eagles fan, I would be praying that the Raiders rumor was true. I like McNabb, but, I just think he is in a slow decline, and I don't think you can underestimate the value of a true shut-down corner.

McNabb still has another 4-5 years left and Asante is just outside the top 5 corners in the league...

is the trade for just Asomougha or is it for him and a pick?

I believe that McNabb's slow decline will continue. Asante might be in the 5-10 area of corners, but, this how I see that:

Tier 1

Revis & Asomugha

Tier 2 Corners

Tier 3 Corners

etc.

etc.

Just my :wacko:

The Vikes should stop messing around with the Diva and go get McNabb. They'd still be the favorites to win it all this season, at least in my mind. No one player should ever hold a team hostage.

I agree that no one player(HOFer or not) should ever be allowed to hold a team hostage. And that is partly why I am pretty well convinced that Favre has told Viking's management he does intend to return. A team that has made moves toward(and considers itself as) being a legit SuperBowl contender does NOT wait until camp is halfway over to really find out if it has its preferred starting QB or not. I think they know because(quite frankly) they gotta know. Why they dont just all come out and say it is is beyond me but (no doubt) a part of the diva's plan and Chilly thinking he's being covert in some way. Silly. IF the Vikings are truly going through this offseason with truly no idea if he is coming back or not, then they are the dumbest organization going in the League right now. I think the writing went up(in bold letters) on the wall last season that the team does not believe in Jackson or Rosenfels and I dont feel they are looking at either of them as anything more than a backup. They need to have Favre again or they need someone else...

With regard to McNabb, I do think he's a pretty good QB and has more years left than Favre does. I like the fact that if they were to make a move to get him here, we could count on him being here and not have to deal with the drama every year. That said, its nearly a lock that McNabb will miss some games and I am not sure if they want to take their chances on guy who is almost guaranteed not going to be on the field all year.

Vikes have put themselves in a tricky spot and it will be interesting to see how they come out of it.

I believe that McNabb's slow decline will continue. Asante might be in the 5-10 area of corners, but, this how I see that:

Tier 1

Revis & Asomugha

Tier 2 Corners

Tier 3 Corners

etc.

etc.

Just my :wacko:

this is true but Al Davis cares more about bringing in name players to sell tickets....so he'll have McNabb and a bit of a downgrade at corner...

then the Raiders can focus on the OL in the draft considering the defense is at least above average...

If the Raiders can swing a deal for McNabb and NOT include Amosugha, then they should do it now. There is talent in oakland on the offnesive and defensive side - it is QB where they are lacking. Playing Denver, KC and SD 6 times gives Oakland a good chance with McNabb to go 4-2. I do not know their non divisional schedule, but I am sure McNabb at QB can get them 5 wins to get to 9 and possible a WC berth. Oakland should trade their #1 and #3 for McNabb and Philly's #2.

If the Raiders can swing a deal for McNabb and NOT include Amosugha, then they should do it now. There is talent in oakland on the offnesive and defensive side - it is QB where they are lacking. Playing Denver, KC and SD 6 times gives Oakland a good chance with McNabb to go 4-2. I do not know their non divisional schedule, but I am sure McNabb at QB can get them 5 wins to get to 9 and possible a WC berth. Oakland should trade their #1 and #3 for McNabb and Philly's #2.

Disagree. Gradkowski's no chump and the Raider's are'nt gonna contend right now IMO. I would'nt give a thing for McNabb if I was them.

this is true but Al Davis cares more about bringing in name players to sell tickets....so he'll have McNabb and a bit of a downgrade at corner...

then the Raiders can focus on the OL in the draft considering the defense is at least above average...

They are above average WITH Asomongah...........I don't think that would be the case without him.

They are above average WITH Asomongah...........I don't think that would be the case without him.

By the way, I like the back and fourth with you, as your avatar is mesmerizing !!!!

By the way, I like the back and fourth with you, as your avatar is mesmerizing !!!!

but they take a slight downgrade at corner in exchange for an upgrade at QB....

with a decent OL, McNabb can make some of their average weapons much better...especially Zach Miller

but they take a slight downgrade at corner in exchange for an upgrade at QB....

with a decent OL, McNabb can make some of their average weapons much better...especially Zach Miller

This is where we differ. I think going from Asomugha to Samuel is a big downgrade. I think going from Asomugha to any CB not named Revis is a big downgrade.