[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks to trade for Brandon Marshall?

Shorttynaz

Rumor on local PHOENIX sports radio today. These two guys who are usually pretty good on reporting things that are in the works - usually come through not too long after.

They played a clip of Marshall catching his 21st pass in the Colts game - and then said that we in the NFC WEST (Referring to the Cardinals) may be hearing that more often this upcomming season.

Seattle is rumored to be interested in Brandon Marshall, and the Bronco's want Seattle's #1 pick which is the #6 overall pick. Seattle already has Denver's first round pick this season and are wanting to give it back - but Denver isn't biting - rightfully so.

Even with the #6 overall pick, who would you rather have? A young, Dez Bryant, or a knucklehead stud WR in Marshall? I'd take my chances with Marshall - and still have a late first round pick.

That would make one hell of a WR tandem. Marshall #1, Housh #2, and Branch/Engram #3. Problem is - can they get an o-line to give Matt Fragilebeck any time to find an open WR??

Edited by Shorttynaz

so, umm, is there new news? (i'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just confused)

Yea not sure what is exactly supposed to be new here. Marshall was in Seattle weeks ago and it appears the Hawks were never interested in giving up a first round pick and Denver doesn't really have any leverage. With the 3rd round pick traded for Whitehurst, it seems the Marshall deal is less likely now.

DEN has plenty of leverage... they don't have to do anything :wacko:

The 31 other NFL franchises don't have to do anything either and apparently only one, Seattle, is considering otherwise. Denver is trying to unload a player who has a poisonous relationship with his team. His coach recently stated he doesn't want to talk to him. Seattle has already shown a willingness to walk away from Denver's initial trade demands. I see where you are coming from as a Denver homer, but the Broncos have the same amount leverage in trading Marshall as there is interest amongst the league: little.

I would say there is very little to no chance, but after giving up all that for Whitehurst, who knows? I thought there was a chance of this happening when the Seahawks still had the 40th pick, but I just can't see them giving up one of their first rounders to take on that kind of headache. At least I hope not.

It isn't about who is more valuable at 6 between Marshall/Bryant, since the Seahawks wouldn't touch Bryant at 6. It is what is more important, Marshall or Claussen/Okung/Baluga/McCoy/Berry?

Beware the Jets when it comes to Marshall...Tannenbaum is aggressive when he sees what he wants and he wants Marshall on this team.

I could see the Jets trying to move Braylon Edwards and a pick for Marshall. Tannenbaum pursued Marshall last year but Broncos wouldnt budge. This year however I could see the broncos taking an interest in an Edwards, with still getting a pick in return. It satisfies a replacement for Marshall at the WR position with still accumalating a high draft pick, I think somewhere between 2nd-3rd rounder.

I could see the Jets trying to move Braylon Edwards and a pick for Marshall. Tannenbaum pursued Marshall last year but Broncos wouldnt budge. This year however I could see the broncos taking an interest in an Edwards, with still getting a pick in return. It satisfies a replacement for Marshall at the WR position with still accumalating a high draft pick, I think somewhere between 2nd-3rd rounder.

If Denver does this I'll throw up. Why would you trade a great receiver who's also a head case for someone that can't catch and a mid round pick. Horrible trade if it happens. I'd rather keep the head case and just deal with it than give him up for nothing.

If Denver does this I'll throw up. Why would you trade a great receiver who's also a head case for someone that can't catch and a mid round pick. Horrible trade if it happens. I'd rather keep the head case and just deal with it than give him up for nothing.

You just said it, too much of a head case for them to handle. Look what Brady Quinn went for, basically a 6th round pick cause the browns wanted to start fresh. He is worth more than a 6th rounder, but to get rid of him, they took the first deal. Edwards is a solid WR, and is a 1 or maybe a 2 on some teams. For the broncos it would be a new start with an accomplished WR in return.

What stage is Marshall at in the NFL suspensions? Is he one infraction away from a multiple game suspension?

Yes he is. Though last year's suspensions were team-imposed and not NFL imposed.

Edited by Big John

I cannot see anyway Seattle gives Denver the early first. Denver has already shown their hand and its not like other teams have been banging the door down to get Marshall. Heck - look at what Boldin went for. He is older, sure - but he does not bring half as much baggage.

I cannot see anyway Seattle gives Denver the early first. Denver has already shown their hand and its not like other teams have been banging the door down to get Marshall. Heck - look at what Boldin went for. He is older, sure - but he does not bring half as much baggage.

Or reliability. Love Boldin but I don't think he's as good as Marshall, probably pretty close, but Boldin is also injured alot.

You seem a little pie in the sky with your homerism. Good luck with the Marshall and McDaniels love affair. No way does Seattle give their top pick for him. No way. Not w/o getting more than Marshall from Denver.

this guy has averaged over a hundred balls the last three years. what is Denver waiting for? he is a azsclown and that is not going to change. if they don't want to pay him - they need to trade him or its going to get ugly - especailly with a humble guy like McDaniels at the helm. if Denver is not willing to resign him with a legit contract - why would a team after they pay a top ten pick?

Edited by Duchess Jack

listen guy - I am sorry if I offended you. Its not your info I am sour on - its your analysis. we differ in opinion, whatever. don't make it more than it is. we are all homers and all want the best for our teams.

and sorry for mentioning the 6th pick and not attributing it to you. I thought that this was the basis for this thread

Edited by Duchess Jack

You seem a little pie in the sky with your homerism. Good luck with the Marshall and McDaniels love affair. No way does Seattle give their top pick for him. No way. Not w/o getting more than Marshall from Denver.

this guy has averaged over a hundred balls the last three years. what is Denver waiting for? he is a azsclown and that is not going to change. if they don't want to pay him - they need to trade him or its going to get ugly - especailly with a humble guy like McDaniels at the helm. if Denver is not willing to resign him with a legit contract - why would a team after they pay a top ten pick?

Gotta agree with Opie here. Marshall is a headcase, but an extremely talented WR. Something that Seattle absolutely doesn't have. He can help that team a ton. Denver also knows how talented he is and is willing to deal with some antics to keep him. Let's keep in mind that what I've heard is that the only difference between completing this deal and not is 8 picks in the 1st round. I've heard that Seattle would be willing to give up their 14th overall pick (I think that's right) for Marshall, just not the 6th.

You might be right about Denver giving up a little more to get the #6, but it's not going to be much.

Gotta agree with Opie here. Marshall is a headcase, but an extremely talented WR. Something that Seattle absolutely doesn't have. He can help that team a ton. Denver also knows how talented he is and is willing to deal with some antics to keep him. Let's keep in mind that what I've heard is that the only difference between completing this deal and not is 8 picks in the 1st round. I've heard that Seattle would be willing to give up their 14th overall pick (I think that's right) for Marshall, just not the 6th.

You might be right about Denver giving up a little more to get the #6, but it's not going to be much.

Housh? Different receivers but you make it sound like they have no one there at all.

You know what I think our Broncos are doing?

I think they want to keep Marshall, I mean, they did offer him nearly $10mil/year, so if they can keep him relatively cheap this year and next, then it's a bargain. Also, maybe, just maybe the lack of interest will finally, possibly be the catalyst that tells BM to grow up?! Doubtful, but it's a no risk situation for DEN.

It's starting to look a little like 85 made Housh? :wacko:

chad may have helped but Housh is a very good WR...I mean he still hauled in 79 for 911 yards (3TDs) with the mess that the Hawks had at QB last year...and we also seem to forget that it usually takes a WR a couple of years to click when they change teams.

We'd be happy to keep him at the 1st round tender and then franchise him next year. Heck, keep franchising him for 3-4 years.

yeah, keep paying him less than he's worth and then have him on the bench in the biggest game of the season. that philosophy is really working out great for them.

yeah, keep paying him less than he's worth and then have him on the bench in the biggest game of the season. that philosophy is really working out great for them.

It's Marshall's own anticts that caused his situation. Nothing more. And it was Scheffler and Marshall who continued to play games with not practicing out of protest. Why should McDaniels play them when they do such crap? You play them after such actions, you only promote that type of behavior! Benching your stars sends a message to not only them, but the rest of the team that you serious!

It's Marshall's own anticts that caused his situation. Nothing more. And it was Scheffler and Marshall who continued to play games with not practicing out of protest. Why should McDaniels play them when they do such crap? You play them after such actions, you only promote that type of behavior! Benching your stars sends a message to not only them, but the rest of the team that you serious!

well you may be right, but the point is, by refusing to trade him or pay him, you invite guarantee the same crap in the future. do you really think that is how you build a winning team?