[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks to trade for Brandon Marshall?

Shorttynaz

well you may be right, but the point is, by refusing to trade him or pay him, you invite guarantee the same crap in the future. do you really think that is how you build a winning team?

I'm not sure it's any worse than trading for Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. :wacko:

It's not a lack of interest in Marshall by all the teams, it's more like the Bronco organization as much as they but heads with Marshall do want to keep him. Like a necessary evil. No way the Seahawks give up that number 6 overall pick and the teams willing to deal that number one pick for him (Example the Jets are at number 29) are too far down for Denver to be fully interested. The Broncos are hoping that this does hit Marshall and wakes him up from the dream world where he is the number 1 receiver in the league. That's how i view it at least.

Edited by Infinity

well you may be right, but the point is, by refusing to trade him or pay him, you invite guarantee the same crap in the future. do you really think that is how you build a winning team?

I agree with your point of playing games by not paying him continuing to feed the problem. But offering nearly 10M/year is more than reasonable. Maybe they could throw in a little signing bonus each year he keeps out of trouble or something like that.

And actually, yes, this is how you build a winning team. Players that cause problems don't get the contract they want, they get offered a contract that they deserve. No player is above the team. That's the message that is being sent.

And actually, yes, this is how you build a winning team. Players that cause problems don't get the contract they want, they get offered a contract that they deserve. No player is above the team. That's the message that is being sent.

I blame McDaniels arrogance for causing this problem. What message was sent when McDaniels tried to trade for Cassel?

That he thought Cassel was a better QB.

So, nothing to do with trying to be the Denver Patriots? Whatever the case, I recall McDaniels being a real dooche to Marshall during practice. In my opinion, he has only served to add to the problem - but I guess only time will tell if he's a quality coach or cut of the same cloth of every other Pats retread.

:wacko: right. when you treat your best player like a petulant child, it tends to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. and if marshall really is just an incorrigible selfish child, then you get rid of him for whatever value you can. you don't just keep him around against his will and let him poison the atmosphere, have him in street clothes for the biggest game of the year, and then just try and win the PR battle over who's a bigger d-bag between the player and the head coach. that is just pure organizational stupidity.

:wacko: right. when you treat your best player like a petulant child, it tends to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. and if marshall really is just an incorrigible selfish child, then you get rid of him for whatever value you can. you don't just keep him around against his will and let him poison the atmosphere, have him in street clothes for the biggest game of the year, and then just try and win the PR battle over who's a bigger d-bag between the player and the head coach. that is just pure organizational stupidity.

I'm not saying McD is a great coach and handled everything perfectly. He's done plenty already to f'up the organization. All I'm saying is that obviously there is a market for Marshall and teams are willing to give serious compensation for him. Denver should be picky about what they get for him. They absolutely shouldn't just jump at the first crappy offer and let him go. If you think that Marshall not playing in the last game of the year is the reason they lost, then your crazy. They went 2-8 over the last 10 with him playing.

All I'm saying is that I have no problem with McD holding him out of the last game and other games during the season. Should they trade him? Probably. Should they trade him for anything they can get? Hell no. Perhaps Denver's value of him is a little high right now, but there really is no hurry to just dump him.

I'm not saying McD is a great coach and handled everything perfectly. He's done plenty already to f'up the organization. All I'm saying is that obviously there is a market for Marshall and teams are willing to give serious compensation for him. Denver should be picky about what they get for him. They absolutely shouldn't just jump at the first crappy offer and let him go. If you think that Marshall not playing in the last game of the year is the reason they lost, then your crazy. They went 2-8 over the last 10 with him playing.

All I'm saying is that I have no problem with McD holding him out of the last game and other games during the season. Should they trade him? Probably. Should they trade him for anything they can get? Hell no. Perhaps Denver's value of him is a little high right now, but there really is no hurry to just dump him.

it sounds like you and I basically agree as far as where they should go from here. they should either sign him to a real contract, or trade him. and if they're going to trade him, they're probably going to have to wait a bit to get the best value they can.

I was disagreeing with opie, who seems to think that franchising him year after year is a good plan.

Few points...

TJ Housh isn't terrible, but Seahawks fans were hoping for quite a bit more than he had to offer. The guy just isn't capable of getting open against rolled coverage. Matt threw like 20 picks even though he missed a few weeks. Lots of those picks were trying to fit the ball to the tiny holes Housh creates. He wasn't getting open, and still whined and cried for the ball. So Matt tried to throw him the ball and got nothing but INT's to show for it. His reception total was decent out of necessity, but there were about zero big plays and he didn't do a whole lot as far as making the passing game come easier and taking pressure off of Hasselbeck. In the end, the Seahawks drastically overpaid and still need a top-flight receiver.

There is no way the Broncos get one of the 1st round picks from the Seahawks. On the field he is worth it, risk wise he is not.

Good luck franchising Marshall for the next three years. Some of the Denver homers are trying to act like there isn't a time-bomb ticking every second he is still on that roster, one that is sure to explode at some point, and one that could devastate a locker room and the ability of a young coach to grasp said locker room. From that standpoint, you could argue that the Broncos are not exactly the ones holding the chips.

Rotoworld

The P.R. firm representing restricted free agent Brandon Marshall issued a statement on their client's status late Friday.

"Brandon Marshall is continuing to work out and progress this offseason, and is hopeful that wherever he lands that it will be the right place," the firm said. "Additionally, if it were true that a contract extension commensurate with Marshall's skills was actually offered, there would be no question as to what team Marshall would be staying with at this time." Not only is the statement horribly written, its purpose isn't remotely clear.

:wacko:

Talent wise he's worth the #6 pick ,but money wise that's a different story. I guess I would have to meet the guy and see how I felt abbout him.

I think Seattle knows, Denver knows they are sitting on a time bomb and really Seattle can wait it out, it's not like anyone else is dying to have Marshall at this point. I would say Seattle holds the cards here.

Seattle can wait till the draft and grab Dez Bryant and develop a wr for the money and Seattle might also be waiting till they get a chance to see Dez's pro day. The risk is Marshall is proven and Dez is not. Carroll thinks he can mold a younger player and not have the headaches with Marshall then I see them going that route and really they can pass on Dez as well and get a D .Thomas at #14 if they wanted too.