[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DT S Rodgers: all-time NFL Dumbarse Award?

BeeR

pretty freakin dumb.

Front office's been quiet waiting for official word or whatever. I don't see him lining up for the Browns or any other team for a little bit. Wondering if the gun was licensed?

Imagine if a Saudi (in full garb) did the exact same thing, and then said "Whoops, I forgot it was in there."

Yeah, I think that's a little different. After the robberies of Sean Taylor, Noah Herron, and Steve Smith, these guys are on high alert. He's a potential target and he knows it. As long as his gun is registered and he's on the up and up I don't have a massive problem with it... Assuming he gave them no problems with they found it. He does need to think a little harder before going to the airport though.

"Rogers' lawyer fears that the player will be held without charges over the Easter weekend. And, presumably, Rogers really needs his basket full of Peeps."

:wacko: He obviously needs to keep his weight up.

Per CBS Sportsline, he's pleading "not guilty" to whatever charges have been filed ... I'm no lawyer, but if security finds a loaded gun in your luggage, how does one plead "not guilty" to having a loaded gun in your luggage? Maybe there are degrees of guiltiness (or dumbness) or whatever, but FWIW:

CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers pleaded not guilty to a concealed weapons charge after authorities say he tried to carry a loaded handgun through airport security in a carry-on bag.

Rogers' attorney Patrick D'Angelo said his client entered the plea Saturday in Cleveland Municipal Court. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 18 months in prison.

The 31-year-old apologized to his fans and his team Friday after spending a night in jail, saying he didn't mean to take the gun into Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Rogers told police he forgot the gun was in his bag when he attempted to fly to Texas on Thursday.

D'Angelo said Rogers planned to fly to Houston later Saturday to spend Easter with family and will make sure "to check everything."