[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DT S Rodgers: all-time NFL Dumbarse Award?

BeeR

It was a Kimber 1911 copy - a single action gun that is often carried "cocked and locked" (meaning round in chamber, cocked w/safety on). It's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

Knowing any passenger could possibly be packing should give pause to any terrorist. I say we give SR a pass on this one and let him board any flight he wishes.

...no, wait, better yet: A LOADED gun. :wacko:

Can someone just please push these worthless gangsta/ghetto/whatever turds off a cliff and be done with it already??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5048219

I don't know. He's in close contention with the idiot last night that told the flight attendant he was trying to light his shoes on fire to cover is cigerette smell.

Well, I once had a TSA agent fish my Leatherman multi-tool (that has a 4" or so blade, among other dangerous implements) out of my backpack. I had to FedEx it to my destination from the airport hotel. Cost to ship (including hotel surcharge, airport fees, county fees, etc): $96. Cost of new Leatherman: $106. :wacko:

So if Rogers habitually carries the pistol in that bag, and he grabbed the bag as he was leaving for the airport, I can kinda understand Rogers' mistake. That being said, he should, and will be punished. He will also likely lose his license to carry a concealed pistol.

As far as being cocked and loaded, a pistol that doesn't have a round in the chamber is a paperweight.

Per CBS Sportsline, he's pleading "not guilty" to whatever charges have been filed ... I'm no lawyer, but if security finds a loaded gun in your luggage, how does one plead "not guilty" to having a loaded gun in your luggage? Maybe there are degrees of guiltiness (or dumbness) or whatever, but FWIW:

I haven't researched the law, but its my understanding that to convict Rogers of a felony the prosecutor must prove that he was "knowingly" carrying the pistol.

It was a Kimber 1911 copy - a single action gun that is often carried "cocked and locked" (meaning round in chamber, cocked w/safety on). It's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

No crap...currently, my Springfield XD-45 Compact is "cocked and locked" in the passenger seat of my car. (and yes, I have my concealed carry permit..)

It actually does less damage to the springs of the gun to leave a bullet in the chamber than to have to cock the weapon every time you want to use it. (at firing range, etc...). Also, as posted above, would you want a weapon that is NOT cocked, in the event that you needed to use one? That 1 second difference could be life-changing.

I have read up on this situation, and apparently he has been a long-time gun owner (all registered) back in Michigan. And yes, as stupid as this one is, we all make mistakes. Just because he is 350 pounds of black meanness, no need to make him out as a thug.