[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Rule Change Required...Re-do the NFC Divisions

Scooby's Hubby

The only reason they are still in the same old division is b/c of money and TV markets and fan base...which division has more avid fans of each team within? None. The NFL makes more money out of that division than any other division. All the other divsions have been re-aligned but this one, with the exception of booting out at the time, lowly Arizona. Which division dominated the 80's and 90's (San Francisco had it made in their division then, no compettition). The NFC East beats up on each other twice a year per team. No other division comes close to the competitiveness of its fans, owners and players along with this "tradition" and market value of each team. Which division upset both the Patriots perfect run and New Orleans perfect run? Leave it up to the NFC East to be competitive. LOL.

can you prove that bold statement?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shedding light on the theory that the NFC East is by far the hardest division year in and year out...more money spent by the owners b/c they have kept their division the same while everyone else (except part of the NFC North) has been pooled with small market teams. Revenues in the NFC East must be the biggest of any division on a per team basis.

I'd put the Pats and Jets ahead of anyone in the NFC East. I'd also put the dolphins ahead of the Redskins. The NFC East is by far and away the most hyped though.

I'd put the Pats and Jets ahead of anyone in the NFC East. I'd also put the dolphins ahead of the Redskins. The NFC East is by far and away the most hyped though.

You know, if Indy tried to be perfect the Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs, they got lucky...The NY Giants have a bigger share of the New York market than the Jets...The stadiums in the NFC East are far superior to the AFC East (the Jets really do not even have a home stadium) and the Bills are a very small market team. The AFC East does not quite get the TV ratings that the NFC East does. The Pats lost to the Giants in the Super and have never been the same. What you say above is not accurtate...

Fanbase, Total money in home market, Stadium and marketing, TV ratings, mass media interest ...

WASH blows Buffalo away

NY Giants are superior to the Jets

Dallas is bigger in every dept above over the NE Pats (stadium, home market, TV ratings, mass media interest, etc)

Philly and Miami are close

The AFC East does not compare to the NFC East in terms of Team worth, major market effect, money, fanbase, stadium construction, and being a major contributor to revenues for the NFL...

Next division please...

You know, if Indy tried to be perfect the Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs, they got lucky...The NY Giants have a bigger share of the New York market than the Jets...The stadiums in the NFC East are far superior to the AFC East (the Jets really do not even have a home stadium) and the Bills are a very small market team. The AFC East does not quite get the TV ratings that the NFC East does. The Pats lost to the Giants in the Super and have never been the same. What you say above is not accurtate...

Fanbase, Total money in home market, Stadium and marketing, TV ratings, mass media interest ...

WASH blows Buffalo away

Dallas is bigger in every dept above over the NE Pats (stadium, home market, TV ratings, mass media interest, etc)

The AFC East does not compare to the NFC East in terms of Team worth, major market effect, money, fanbase, stadium construction, and being a major contributor to revenues for the NFL...

Next division please...

You are clearly an expert. Please show me the numbers of "Team worth", "major market effect", "money", "fanbase", "Stadum construction" and "being a major contributor to revenues for the NFL" .......... :wacko:

You are clearly an expert. Please show me the numbers of "Team worth", "major market effect", "money", "fanbase", "Stadum construction" and "being a major contributor to revenues for the NFL" .......... :wacko:

Just like Forbes lists the richest people, they list sports franshises worth. You can look at jersey sales. You can look at ticket sales. You can look at TV Ratings. There are more. Menudo, I laugh at you. Stadium values. Endorsements. You can count mass media articles and see that more articles are written about the teams in the NFC East than any other division. Open your mind.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Link please ?

Didn't think so.

Surely you do not think that TV pays the NFL to see the Seahawks vs. the Cardinals? They pay to have the Dallas market vs. the New York market twice per year. Those are real TV ratings. If you think I am going to do your homework for you you are wrong. I have seen the numbers. News Flash, the BIlls would be broke if it werent for revenue sharing of TV revenues that ratings prove are garnered mainly from MAJOR MARKETS like New York and Dallas. The numbers you require are out there and appearntly maybe you are the only one who have not seen them in the last what 14 years?

Don't fool yourself, the Cowboys out sell anyone in the AFC East in spamshirts. They sell more tickets. Their TV ratings are higher. Their stadium is more expensive. Their players are googled and searched more. When HBO does their training camp show, who do they want? They have the one of (if not the biggest) fanbase in all the NFL, on a year by year basis. Even just in the last 14 years, which appearantly is the limit of your football knowledge. When TO was on the Cowboys his jersey outsold his jhersey when he was in Philly. I can go on and on but this is stuff that you should already know by now. Go google the lists I speak of and then when you see my point and then you can go google yourself. LOLuck.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Surely you do not think that TV pays the NFL to see the Seahawks vs. the Cardinals? They pay to have the Dallas market vs. the New York market twice per year. Those are real TV ratings. If you think I am going to do your homework for you you are wrong. I have seen the numbers. News Flash, the BIlls would be broke if it werent for revenue sharing of TV revenues that ratings prove are garnered mainly from MAJOR MARKETS like New York and Dallas. The numbers you require are out there and appearntly maybe you are the only one who have not seen them in the last what 14 years?

Don't fool yourself, the Cowboys out sell anyone in the AFC East in spamshirts. They sell more tickets. Their TV ratings are higher. Their stadium is more expensive. Their players are googled and searched more. When HBO does their training camp show, who do they want? They have the one of (if not the biggest) fanbase in all the NFL, on a year by year basis. Even just in the last 14 years, which appearantly is the limit of your football knowledge. When TO was on the Cowboys his jersey outsold his jhersey when he was in Philly. I can go on and on but this is stuff that you should already know by now. Go google the lists I speak of and then when you see my point and then you can go google yourself. LOLuck.

Do you really think that I don't know that the Cowboys have the most expensive stadium, are one of the most profitable teams in sports, etc. etc. ? Of course i know all of that. However, it hasn't lead to more success on the field in recent years.

Listen, this is getting silly. Your initial argument was that the NFL needs to change divisions, because the NFC East has the best teams. Historically, I have already agreed that the NFC East has been the best division. However, I have also proven that they certainly are NOT the best division in recent years. That is all from me, no need to continue this.

Do you really think that I don't know that the Cowboys have the most expensive stadium, are one of the most profitable teams in sports, etc. etc. ? Of course i know all of that. However, it hasn't lead to more success on the field in recent years.

Listen, this is getting silly. Your initial argument was that the NFL needs to change divisions, because the NFC East has the best teams. Historically, I have already agreed that the NFC East has been the best division. However, I have also proven that they certainly are NOT the best division in recent years. That is all from me, no need to continue this.

Logistically , first. But on a side note, the NFL would be spreading the wealth if it were to bust up the East. I think in the long run it would be better to have those markets in more divisions than just one. Like it was said earlier in the post, re-alignment will not happen until another expansion. The way the NFL is talking about expansion, that may be sooner than later.

God this offseason is boring and the Cowboys are gearing up for another 'almost' kind of season. Thank goodness for fantasy football.

Logistically , first. But on a side note, the NFL would be spreading the wealth if it were to bust up the East. I think in the long run it would be better to have those markets in more divisions than just one. Like it was said earlier in the post, re-alignment will not happen until another expansion. The way the NFL is talking about expansion, that may be sooner than later.

God this offseason is boring and the Cowboys are gearing up for another 'almost' kind of season. Thank goodness for fantasy football.

Fair enough. If the argument is logistics & franchise worth, then you definitely have an argument. Also, you are right, as much as I love other sports, I've gotten to the point where my year consists of two seasons: Football Season & Not Football Season

WASH blows Buffalo away

Next division please...

The Jets went the the AFC championship game, genius. And if we're talking luck, realize the NYG super bowl victory had the biggest "luck" catch ever. And what the in the blue hell does market share/revenue have to do with being the best division in football? What do stadiums have to do with it? If you're talking stadiums, NFC North wins. Lambeau and Soldier Field. You don't get any better than those.

Buffalo had a better record than Washington last year

The Jets went to the AFC Championship game. The Giants didn't sniff the playoffs

Dallas has one a single playoff game in over a decade, the Pats have won three super bowls during that time.

This clown has to be another alias for Henry Muto.

Surely you do not think that TV pays the NFL to see the Seahawks vs. the Cardinals? They pay to have the Dallas market vs. the New York market twice per year. Those are real TV ratings. If you think I am going to do your homework for you you are wrong. I have seen the numbers.

More people watched the Vikings/Packers then Dallas/NYG last year.

In September of 09 Tony Romo had the number six selling jersey. Brady had the seventh. I'd argue that Brady has sold more spamshirts over his career then Romo.

And if you want to really get into it, everyone can suck it because the NFCN had

1. Favre

2. Cutler

9. Peterson

19. Rodgers

4. Vick

6. Romo

10.Eli

15.Witten

And im still trying to figure out what difference the most expensive stadium matters...

More people watched the Vikings/Packers then Dallas/NYG last year.

In September of 09 Tony Romo had the number six selling jersey. Brady had the seventh. I'd argue that Brady has sold more spamshirts over his career then Romo.

And if you want to really get into it, everyone can suck it because the NFCN had

1. Favre

2. Cutler

9. Peterson

19. Rodgers

4. Vick

6. Romo

10.Eli

15.Witten

And im still trying to figure out what difference the most expensive stadium matters...

Awesome that in Sept. Witten (a freakin TE who has been there all career) outsold beautiful Aaron Rodgers (QB and new starter)...

When with Dallas, TO's jersey sales (not just one month capture like sept '09) was tops in the NFL. Anytime you have a team change you spike in sales, like Vick in '09 or your Cutler stat.

Brady has how many MVP's and rings and he still doesn't outsell Romo. Vick doesn't even start a game yet (sept '09) and he outsells AP (ROY and superstud)...sounds like Philly has a pretty big market (of course Sept '09 was first time you could get his jersey). Think of all the McNabb spamshirts sold in the last decade. Now think of how many will sell in WASH. Thats a real market. I even saw a NYG fan in a Feagles jersey at a Dallas home game vs. the Giants.

You cannot just capture one month or one year, you know that more spamshirts sell out of the NFC East more than others. Nice try. :wacko: LOL

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Awesome that in Sept. Witten (a freakin TE who has been there all career) outsold beautiful Aaron Rodgers (QB and new starter)...

When with Dallas, TO's jersey sales (not just one month capture like sept '09) was tops in the NFL. Anytime you have a team change you spike in sales, like Vick in '09 or your Cutler stat.

Brady has how many MVP's and rings and he still doesn't outsell Romo. Vick doesn't even start a game yet (sept '09) and he outsells AP (ROY and superstud)...sounds like Philly has a pretty big market (of course Sept '09 was first time you could get his jersey). Think of all the McNabb spamshirts sold in the last decade. Now think of how many will sell in WASH. Thats a real market

You cannot just capture one month or one year, you know that more spamshirts sell out of the NFC East more than others. Nice try. :wacko: LOL

The Cowboys sell a sh1t ton of spamshirts and all other licensed products because they have one of if not the largest fan bases not just in the NFL but in all of sports and it is far from because they are in the NFCE.

The Cowboys sell a sh1t ton of spamshirts and all other licensed products because they have one of if not the largest fan bases not just in the NFL but in all of sports and it is far from because they are in the NFCE.

YES, the teams make up the division, not the other way around. B/C Dallas, New York, DC and Philly make up the division, then you have the strongest division. Not b/c the division is named 'the east'. Name it Sesame Street division with the same teams and you will still have the most powerful division in all of football (next to the Big 12, just kidding). All worship (or hate) the East :wacko:

P.S. Even though I beleive this, I am just being silly b/c re-alignment will only happen with expansion. When expansion happens, you will probably have at least 2 new teams, with the possibilty of London. If London is a new team in the NFC East, then the NFC East division shouldlose Dallas and Dallas should be put in a division with New Orleans, Atlanta, St. Louis, etc. Logistically, it would make sense and you would be spreading a major market's wealth (Dallas') to other smaller markets instead of just padding the big markets with big markets (like the NFC East is now). Every division should have a variation of markets within. More team money doesn't make the players play better or the owner hire better, but it does keep a healthier balance between large and small market teams.

How about this... if the NFL started today, do you think there would be a team in say Buffalo? or New Orleans or Green Bay? Not enough population versus other cities like San Antonio and LA? The NFL has a good analysis on what it takes for a market to support an NFL team.

Another question is, Should a team like Buffalo (and I really don't want to pick on just Buffalo but they are a good example) move so that they could be in a bigger market and have local support dollars for a new stadium and attract more viewers for rating, etc.?

How about this... if the NFL started today, do you think there would be a team in say Buffalo? or New Orleans or Green Bay? Not enough population versus other cities like San Antonio and LA? The NFL has a good analysis on what it takes for a market to support an NFL team.

Another question is, Should a team like Buffalo (and I really don't want to pick on just Buffalo but they are a good example) move so that they could be in a bigger market and have local support dollars for a new stadium and attract more viewers for rating, etc.?

and if the Bills were in the NFCE they would still be looking to move to Canada or another city in the US.

You are confused...I am talking about what they SPEND ONFOOTBALL, not what their oil company or software co makes...what they spend on their football team, marketing, stadium, payroll, etc. ALSO what their football home MARKET IS WORTH...obviously seattle's owner is the richest b/c of microsoft, but he is not outspending anyone in the NFC East and his market is not worth as much as any team in the NFC EAST. I hope that clears things up b/c I know what the owners are worth, but that does not translate to what they spend on their football team or how much their home market is worth or the fact that Dallas is nowhere near NY compared to how close they are to New Orleans, Atlanta, St. Louis etc. Hope this helps you understand my point instead of spinning my words.

A few questions:

How does any of the things you mentioned above change by moving a team from one division to another?

How would the amount of money that Jerry Jones spends on the Cowboys change by moving the Cowboys to another division?

How would the amount of money Jerry Jones makes by being in the Dallas\Ft Worth marklet change by moving the Cowboys to another division?

How does spending more money on marketing, or making more money from your market make your team stronger when the amount of money you are allowed to spend compiling your players has a minimum & maximum amount that must or can be spent?

If spending a lot of money is what makes your team strong then how can the Redskins be so bad year in and year out despite the BUCKETS FULL OF MONEY that Snyder spends every year?

I am a Cowboys fan and I would love to see them win the Division every year but I also look forward to them playing the G-Men, Skins & Iggles twice a year, every year.

Those rivalries are PRICELESS!!

The only difference in Revenue between Buffalo and any other NFL Team is the Stadium Revenue.

The TV Contract and the revenue from Jersey Sales and the like are all equally shared due to the NFL Revenue Sharing Agreement. Buffalo gets as much money from these things as does Dallas, regardless of how many spamshirts each team sells.

The NFL is already sharing the wealth and you know it. One of your earlier posts mentioned the NFL Revenue Sharing Agreement. Every dime of the NFL Licensed Products and TV Contract that is generated because of the NFC East and what it represents is shared equally among all NFL Teams.

In fact overall your arguments support NOT breaking up the NFC East. If everything you say is true.

The NFL is a For Profit Enterprise. If the NFC East, in its current form, is the NFL's biggest revenue generator, as you say it is, why on earth would they break it up?

If the polls are still open, we've got a very strong late charge from SH for newbie tool of the year. Nobody, I mean nobody started out the gate "stronger" and dude is just not taking his foot off the gas. A five-tool tool if I've ever seen one.

If the polls are still open, we've got a very strong late charge from SH for newbie tool of the year. Nobody, I mean nobody started out the gate "stronger" and dude is just not taking his foot off the gas. A five-tool tool if I've ever seen one.

:wacko: