[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clarret beginning his comeback

polksalet

"Clarett said he also had realized that he wants to become a good father to his daughter, who lives in Youngstown, Ohio, with her mother"

I didn't know you had to REALIZE that you want to be a good father. :wacko:

come on now. lot's of kids have bad male role-models and grow up to be bad fathers. its sucks, but it is the truth. realizing that you are a bad father and deciding to work on it is a first step. if he is being genuine, he should be applauded.

Edited by Duchess Jack

come on now. lot's of kids have bad male role-models and grow up to be bad fathers. its sucks, but it is the truth. realizing that you are a bad father and deciding to work on it is a first step. if he is being genuine, he should be applauded.

:wacko:

seriously?

I knew I wanted to be a good father the moment I saw my son in my wife's arms. Enough said man. Please don't try to explain this away as bad raising.

Edited by tazinib1

:wacko:

seriously?

I knew I wanted to be a good father the moment I saw my son in my wife's arms. Enough said man. Please don't try to explain this away as bad raising.

listen - I am not saying I understand it - but you are foolish to suggest that it is not there. do you think that the term 'baby-daddy' is just something made up that doesn't relate to any social phenomena? Turn on any daytime talk-show if you want proof about cats not knowing how to be good dads. Look at Travis Henry.

How is it that you think your upbringing relates in any way to these dbags who don't know how to be (good) fathers? I was in love with the idea of my daughter the moment I knew I was having her - and I cannot begin to explain how I felt once I saw her and held her (Its important to note that I was 18 and my wife - of 15 years now - was 17) and we were both in highschool at the time. but to suggest that the values instilled in me are the same as the values instilled in everyone else, is silly.

Can you deny that there are people who are bad or absent fathers? Why else would they be bad and/or absent fathers other than not understanding how to be a good father. They might know what they need to do in their head - and maybe even a bit in their hearts - but if they are not acting upon these motivations, then they truly mustn't understand because you cannot know or understand how to be a good father without acting upon it. This is the case with any morality.

Is the fact that a lot of guys don't want to put the time and effort and investment of self in to be a good dad right? Of course it isn't. Maybe its not their upbringing - but it is there - and something is causing it. All I am saying is that - there are bigger things to knock a guy for than saying he wants to be a better dad. He might not be being genuine in what he is saying - he might just be saying it for sympathy - that's a different issue and something I'd understand you knocking him for, but you seem to be knocking him because he wants to try more.

Take any horrible character trait / habit. We'll call it 'N'

so long as a person is being genuine - when ever is somebody saying "I want to work toward being a better person and stop doing 'N'" a bad thing?

Edited by Duchess Jack