[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santonio Holmes a Jet?

piratesownninjas

Yes, i would love to win a superbowl.

One thing is for sure, Sanchize is going to be under a ton of pressure.

The best O Line in the game

Greene and Leon Washington out of the backfield

Braylon Edwards/Santonio Holmes/Jerricho Cotchers/Dustin Keller running routs

If that offense doesn't roll, it's on his head.

How they landed a 1200 yard receiver for a 5th is insane. Regardless if he's a knucklehead.

THe steelers got a lot weaker today.

One thing is for sure, Sanchize is going to be under a ton of pressure.

The best O Line in the game

Greene and Leon Washington out of the backfield

Braylon Edwards/Santonio Holmes/Jerricho Cotchers/Dustin Keller running routs

If that offense doesn't roll, it's on his head.

How they landed a 1200 yard receiver for a 5th is insane. Regardless if he's a knucklehead.

THe steelers got a lot weaker today.

Don't forget LT :wacko:

Ochocinco at his best on twitter :wacko:

"When its time for me to get traded they can trade me for a X-Box, McDonalds coupon book a case of Red Bull with a box of COHIBAS"

10 minutes ago via Swift

"@nflcommish Mr. Goodell the NY Jets are unfairly loading their team up with great players like the Yankees do, we need to stop this now!"

20 minutes ago via Swift

Only a 5th? That's crazy. My guess is the Jets will only end up resigning one of their two headcase receivers next season based on how they do in 2010 (on and off the field).

Bump up Wallace.

Who knows. They may extend both of them and not have to worry about offense for a while.

I love this move. Holmes is a solid but not great wr and definitely not worth a 1st round pick. The Steelers can spend his salary on a couple of good linemen and lose nothing when they start Wallace. I think this helps both teams a lot. I would have liked more than a 5th but it is good enough.

But still a 5th round pick is all they could get? There has to be more to this.

Knowing that Holmes will probably only play 75% of the upcoming season at best, that NY will have to do the heavy lifting in resigning him after this season, and any looming one year suspension for his next transgression devalues Holmes substantially.

Add Pittsburgh's committment to getting rid of problem children rather them paying them a hugh amount despite their bad behavior, and what happened here makes sense. And I agree, the Steelers may very well know something that is not being disclosed to all of us.

Good luck with moving Marshall now for that 2nd rounder +, McDumbass.

It's probably a statement to the other PIT players... don't embarrass us, don't be an ass cuz we don't care who you are or what you've done, we'll trade you for peanuts."

Props to the PIT owners for taking a stand.

Unless you're a white quarterback that they've paid millions upon millions. This doesn't save them any face. There star quarterback is no better than Holmes, but he'll always be safe. The Rooney's are not taking a stand.

I love this move. Holmes is a solid but not great wr and definitely not worth a 1st round pick. The Steelers can spend his salary on a couple of good linemen and lose nothing when they start Wallace. I think this helps both teams a lot. I would have liked more than a 5th but it is good enough.

:wacko:

Hines is 50, Wallace played one season and Sweed can't catch herpes in Harlem.

I hope this is the last straw for Santonio. This is like his 5th time he has showed up in this type of negative situation.......show him the door ! :wacko:

:D

Mike Wallace is going to be VERY good. The Steelers also brought in Randle-El (I know, not much left), Arnaz Battle (I know, never reached potential), & Sweed (not a good start, but, talent is there).....hopefully, one of them will work out. Hines is up and age, but, still produces well. They will likely use an early draft pick on a WR as well now.

Obviously, in better times, Holmes would have garnered a lot more than a 5th rounder. However, he is going to be suspended at LEAST 4 weeks according to reports that he failed a drug test. He has gotten himself in trouble countless times, and the Steelers had enough. I'm sure they shopped first before unloading, and obviously, others held the same concern. He was also about to become a Free Agent. I love what the Steelers have done here, even though they just lost a very talented player. He was a punk, and I'm glad he's gone.

I know many will say "Hey, what about Roethlisberger ?" However, the circumstances are very different. Yes, Ben is an idiot for putting himself in a couple of bad situations. However, no one knows FOR SURE what happened, and it sounds like he isn't going to be charged with anything in either case. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this makes him innocent, but, comparing his situation to Santonio, who has been in trouble various times since we drafted him. This isn't Cedric Wilson the Steelers are getting rid of. They are getting rid of Santonio Holmes for next to nothing as a statement that they will not put up with this garbage. I still think they will suspend Ben for some games as well. I'm proud of my favorite team today, for the first time in a while. They did the right thing here.

Edited by Menudo

:wacko:

Hines is 50, Wallace played one season and Sweed can't catch herpes in Harlem.

Hines is still producing just fine. You are right, Wallace only played one season and it was an impressive one. Is it wrong to expect him to simply continue to get better, especially as a #2 now ? I can't argue much with Sweed, I can only hope he turns it around, but, I'm not holding my breath. They will probably need to use a somewhat-early pick on a WR now.

If you want to predict this as the end of the Steelers, feel free. They definitely lost a very talented player, but, I love the move and think it needed to be done.

Unless you're a white quarterback that they've paid millions upon millions. This doesn't save them any face. There star quarterback is no better than Holmes, but he'll always be safe. The Rooney's are not taking a stand.

Wow the race card that is awesome...just making things worse my man not better,

There is big differences btw holmes and ben. Ben has not been charged with anything b/c there is no evidence to support any claims. Holmes on the other hand was caught with pot and just failed a drug test both of which are CONCRETE evidence of a crime. Holmes is an idiot. IF he wants to break the law he needs to learn how to do it without getting caught with evidence like Ben. With Ben there will always be reasonable doubt but with Holmes there is no doubt.

Just in case I have really no opinion on whether Ben is guilty or not...our government does not seem to think so or they would have arrested him. AS for a suspension I cannot see how they could...Ben could very well be the victim in both of his cases.

Wow the race card that is awesome...just making things worse my man not better,

There is big differences btw holmes and ben. Ben has not been charged with anything b/c there is no evidence to support any claims. Holmes on the other hand was caught with pot and just failed a drug test both of which are CONCRETE evidence of a crime. Holmes is an idiot. IF he wants to break the law he needs to learn how to do it without getting caught with evidence like Ben. With Ben there will always be reasonable doubt but with Holmes there is no doubt.

Just in case I have really no opinion on whether Ben is guilty or not...our government does not seem to think so or they would have arrested him. AS for a suspension I cannot see how they could...Ben could very well be the victim in both of his cases.

Until you pointed it out, I didn't even notice that he put race into the equation............. :wacko:

Last year Ryan declared that the Jets were the biggest show in town. Their season ticket sales compared to the Giants (who charge much more) would say otherwise. IMO the LT signing and now Holmes says they are a bit desperate to put asses in the seats. I don't see WR being such a pressing need as to justify risking the potential trainwreck Holmes brings to the team.

Hines is still producing just fine. You are right, Wallace only played one season and it was an impressive one. Is it wrong to expect him to simply continue to get better, especially as a #2 now ? I can't argue much with Sweed, I can only hope he turns it around, but, I'm not holding my breath. They will probably need to use a somewhat-early pick on a WR now.

If you want to predict this as the end of the Steelers, feel free. They definitely lost a very talented player, but, I love the move and think it needed to be done.

I have'nt predicted this as the end for the Steeler's but I think they're in trouble for sure. I think that it could be argued that Wallace might not "simply get better as a #2" with Holmes gone. IIRC, he made some big plays last year and had some terrific catches. Just not sure if he'll be able to run go routes every play without Holmes on the field.

IF Pitt. just dumped him b/c he's proven to be an A Hole as a person, then I love the move too.