[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall to Miami

Jackass

It didn't seem like Marshall wanted to play in Denver anymore, so this move is probably good for both sides. I agree that he is a rare talent, but he may have just held out anyway, so I like getting 2 2nd round picks for him. Denver's offense was going to suck anyway, unless they fix the problems in the O-line and the running game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't seem like Marshall wanted to play in Denver anymore, so this move is probably good for both sides. I agree that he is a rare talent, but he may have just held out anyway, so I like getting 2 2nd round picks for him. Denver's offense was going to suck anyway, unless they fix the problems in the O-line and the running game.

It's funny how the DEN O-line was considered one of the best in the business and the O managed to put up very strong numbers behind it until McDiggler showed up and used it as a scapegoat to cover the arse of his hand picked boys Orton & Moreno as well as his own ineptitude. Hell, journeyman old fart RB Buckhalter didn't have any trouble putting up strong averages running behind it...

It's funny how the DEN O-line was considered one of the best in the business and the O managed to put up very strong numbers behind it until McDiggler showed up and used it as a scapegoat to cover the arse of his hand picked boys Orton & Moreno as well as his own ineptitude. Hell, journeyman old fart RB Buckhalter didn't have any trouble putting up strong averages running behind it...

Well, it's true that they moved the ball well during Shanny's last season, but they couldn't put any points on the board, especially the second half of the season. I'm definately no fan of Orton, and the less they have to throw this year, the better IMO. I'm hoping that Moreno can get it going and be a main cog in the offense.

Well, it's true that they moved the ball well during Shanny's last season, but they couldn't put any points on the board, especially the second half of the season. I'm definately no fan of Orton, and the less they have to throw this year, the better IMO. I'm hoping that Moreno can get it going and be a main cog in the offense.

you mean when they were on their 5th rb and everyone and their granny knew den was throwing? i thought shanny was pretty creative in moving the ball all year based on a common knowledge of their one dimensional offense.

Marshall has some mad skilz. But this line made me chuckle.

Hey - I was happy with his upside BEFORE the trade...now? The sky may be the limit. Definitely top-15 status this season with Marshall, if he has any talent whatsoever. I mean, even Orton put up pretty close to top-15 numbers last season.

In my dynasty that I have him in, we start 2 QB. I now definitely feel secure with Henne as one of my 2 starters.

I love this move.

I was pissed that Miami didn't take a shot on Holmes - because it was such a big need and he was had so cheaply, but this definately makes up for it. I would have been happy if Miami drafted Dez Bryant at the 1.12 - but rookie wides are a crap shoot. When you add the character questions, he would have been a big risk. Marshall is a risk - but there is no waiting for him to develop and wondering if he is going to be good. The guy is flat out scary. He is Dez Bryant's ceiling - and we got him for 2 seconds rather than the 1.12.

Let's see: The NFL record holder for receptions in a game.

Which is relevant because......

Even so, nobody is questioning his talent.

and he's got another decade to play the game if he wants to (and he grows up in the way he treats women).
Yeah I'm holding my breath there. lol @ another decade.

And as far as DEN and its condition when McDicknose got here? Well, despite Shanahan's shortcomings - and they were myriad, as I've pointed out numerous times - he never once lost to OAK & KC teams at home in the same season.
Also irrelevant, generally speaking. It's how good your team is through the season that matters in the end, not just against a rival or 2.

You also conveniently ignored that his days in DEN were likely numbered. Frankly doesn't seem like you're interested in a legit discussion here, to tell the truth. You're too McBlinded by your McBias. :wacko:

Which is relevant because......

why are catches ever relevant?

Yeah I'm holding my breath there. lol @ another decade.

If he loves the game, why not another decade or at least close to it. I don't think another eight years is out of the question

You also conveniently ignored that his days in DEN were likely numbered.

maybe you're conveniently missing that his problem was with McDaniel. McDaniel was the reason his days in Denver were numbered. They are the same issue.

the only reason marshall was a "problem" was the broncos didn't want to pay him. having made the decision not to pay him, I guess they got decent value in return. but if you're not going to pay a guy who is 26 years old with elite, HOF-potential talent at his position, then who the hell are you going to pay? miami wants to pay a guy like that. why doesn't denver? they'd rather have more picks to use on guys like alphonso smith. pfffff...:wacko: let's see which approach works out better over the next couple of years...

the bright side of this from my perspective is hopefully it hastens the end of the mcdaniels era. right now is a dark, dark time to be a denver broncos fan.

Got me, ask BB. (actually catches on the whole obviously are, but in a single game when discussing a guy's overall value? uhhhh......).

If he loves the game, why not another decade or at least close to it. I don't think another eight years is out of the question
Because he's a head case and regardless, check the name of all the WRs who were legit contributors (never mind high level players) at the age of 36, you'll see it's a pretty short list. The odds aren't exactly in his favor.

maybe you're conveniently missing that his problem was with McDaniel.
Yeah, he didn't have any other issues.

:wacko:

maybe you're conveniently missing that his problem was with McDaniel. McDaniel was the reason his days in Denver were numbered. They are the same issue.

So what was his problems with Shanny??? Since it was reported that Shanny was going to release Marshall because he was such a headache??? Marshall did not all of a sudden have problems last season. Every year he has had problems and brought problems to the team. Is he great on the field Hell yea, just to bad he cannot stay on the field and play.

If the fake Bronco fans that want to just bitch and moan about McDaniel's then find a new team. Look McDaniel's is changing the team in a new direction and IF he can be as successful as he has been it will be good.

the only reason marshall was a "problem" was the broncos didn't want to pay him. having made the decision not to pay him, I guess they got decent value in return. but if you're not going to pay a guy who is 26 years old with elite, HOF-potential talent at his position, then who the hell are you going to pay? miami wants to pay a guy like that. why doesn't denver? they'd rather have more picks to use on guys like alphonso smith. pfffff...:wacko: let's see which approach works out better over the next couple of years...

the bright side of this from my perspective is hopefully it hastens the end of the mcdaniels era. right now is a dark, dark time to be a denver broncos fan.

Pretty much where I'm at with the McDummy era. They could spend 5 2nd round picks and not get the value Marshall would have been to Denver if they ponied up the cash and kept him long term.

So what was his problems with Shanny??? Since it was reported that Shanny was going to release Marshall because he was such a headache??? Marshall did not all of a sudden have problems last season. Every year he has had problems and brought problems to the team. Is he great on the field Hell yea, just to bad he cannot stay on the field and play.

If the fake Bronco fans that want to just bitch and moan about McDaniel's then find a new team. Look McDaniel's is changing the team in a new direction and IF he can be as successful as he has been it will be good.

:wacko:

Dude....

It's the serious Bronco fans who are up in arms. The ones who are blue-and-orange-colored-glasses sycophants are the ones who need a kick in the arse.

Who exactly do you think pays for this product? That's right - the fans. Whether directly through buying game tickets, merchandise, parking, concessions, etc or indirectly through the massive advertising revenues acquired because of the number of fans watching that allows networks to pay extraordinary fees in order to recapture the cost and then some in advertising capital, it's the fans who make the league work financially.

As such, fans have every right to expect a good product to be put on the field. Fans in Denver - the true fans, not the ones who still ejaculate to John Elway posters after they are tucked into bed - have higher expectations for their team than some others around the league. When they see a putz like McDoofus running their team in the ground, not only should they speak out, but they are obligated to speak out.

So be a good little McDenier, go clean off that John Elway poster, and step aside while fans who really care about the team step up to have serious conversations..

Josh did not need Randy Moss in New England to win Super Bowls...of course they were flawless and 16-0 with him, but no Super. Just give him a QB that won't throw INTs (he got rid of Cutler for Orton). I think Denver and Josh were supposed to be big losers last year and they proved everyone wrong. One of these days Denver fans will remember that defense wins games more than offense. Lets see who he drafts with that pick and what position they play. Good luck with the extra picks, hopefully you won't blow them.

I have a strange feeling that Marshall will not get thrown to enough. Miami will run, run , run. Hopefully they can set up a big play for Marshall here and there, but this decoy crap won't work. Sporano will run so much and only throw when you think he will run. Is Marshall ready to block on a screen play or will they just send him to the goal post to get him out of the way. I think that is why they got rid of Ginn, he could not block on a screen play for starters. I do like how McDaniels sent Marshall to the Patriots division, though.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Josh did not need Randy Moss in New England to win Super Bowls...of course they were flawless and 16-0 with him, but no Super. Just give him a QB that won't throw INTs (he got rid of Cutler for Orton).

Ummm

McDilweed was a D gopher in NE until 2004, when he was promoted to QB coach. Unless your claim is that Brady learned everything he knew under McDouchebag's tutoring after NE had already won a couple of SBs already without that priceless instruction, you're a bit off the mark on the contributions that McDiminutive made in NE. And flawless seasons don''t end in a loss.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I have a strange feeling that Marshall will not get thrown to enough. Miami will run, run , run. Hopefully they can set up a big play for Marshall here and there, but this decoy crap won't work. Sporano will run so much and only throw when you think he will run. Is Marshall ready to block on a screen play or will they just send him to the goal post to get him out of the way. I think that is why they got rid of Ginn, he could not block on a screen play for starters. I do like how McDaniels sent Marshall to the Patriots division, though.

I disagree with this. Miami does like to run the rock quite a bit but since Henne has been handed the keys to the offense, they have thrown the ball quite a bit more. With Henne in there, Dan Henning called quite a few plays downfield to exploit Henne's arm strength. Unfortunately he had limited targets to throw to. Ginn was unreliable at best, (more likely not an NFL caliber WR) and while Bess, Hartline and Camarillio have good hands, they lack the vertical speed needed to open up the passing game. Henning is gonna use Marshall no doubt. They didn't spend this kind of money and take this amount of risk on a player just for show or to use as a decoy. Henne to Marshall is going to be a very nice combination come the 2010 season.

Josh did not need Randy Moss in New England to win Super Bowls...of course they were flawless and 16-0 with him, but no Super. Just give him a QB that won't throw INTs (he got rid of Cutler for Orton).

:wacko: on the new england teams that won super bowls, mcdaniels' official position was something like waterboy or jock-strap collector.

Josh did not need Randy Moss in New England to win Super Bowls...of course they were flawless and 16-0 with him, but no Super. Just give him a QB that won't throw INTs (he got rid of Cutler for Orton). I think Denver and Josh were supposed to be big losers last year and they proved everyone wrong. One of these days Denver fans will remember that defense wins games more than offense. Lets see who he drafts with that pick and what position they play. Good luck with the extra picks, hopefully you won't blow them.

what Bronco Billy said.

and Marshall will get his oppertunities. This team didn't aggressively go after a wide reciever of his quality to run more. Romo threw. Vinny threw. I am not sure why you think Miami won't. We have a QB who can throw the long ball and one of the best olines in the league. The only reason we ran the wildcat in the first place is because we lost around 40 olineman that year. Last year we moved away from the wild cat because the team finally had a QB they could believe in and because they didn't need the extra blocker on the field.

I remember the sky was falling when Cutler got traded too. I'm going to reserve judgment until we see what Marshall does now that he has finally gotten paid. Will he be motivated? Will he keep his nose clean? I think Denver was reluctant to pay him a ton because it's possible they wondered if the guy had the commitment to the team to care once he got paid. I'm speculating... I really don't know... But it's worth pondering and seeing if Marshall's work ethic and drive allow his talent to even matter...

:tup: on the new england teams that won super bowls, mcdaniels' official position was something like waterboy or jock-strap collector.

Then that Week 5 New England loss to Denver must have hurt the New England fans 20-17...it is kinda tough for a New England fan to say he is a jock strap washer after that Week 5 loss last year in Denver. :tup: Orton threw for 330 yards that game.

Of course, Brandon Marshall beat Dallas too, which stung. :wacko:

fwiw, last year the Broncos threw the ball just 15 times more than the Dolphins and completed just 10 more pass than the Dolphins did...and that is for the entire season, not per game.

fwiw, last year the Broncos threw the ball just 15 times more than the Dolphins and completed just 10 more pass than the Dolphins did...and that is for the entire season, not per game.

...and yet the Dolphins were 3rd in rushing attempts with 509 vs. Denver with 440 attempts. Percentage wise the Dolphins run more...but, hey, I assumed it to be worse. I guess the Dolphins D being good enough to keep the offense on the field as much to get so many attempts rushing and passing.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

...and yet the Dolphins were 3rd in rushing attempts with 509 vs. Denver with 440 attempts. Percentage wise the Dolphins run more...but, hey, I assumed it to be worse. I guess the Dolphins D being good enough to keep the offense on the field as much to get so many attempts rushing and passing.

how many times they ran the ball would only matter if it impacted how many times they passed the ball...you attempted to make it seem like Marshall would do much worse in Miami because they run the ball so much but you were using that to infer they didn't throw the ball alot...but they threw the ball almost the exact same number of times...you can continue to try and spin it however you want but the Dolphins do throw the ball enough to make Marshall a top WR and you had better bet that Parcells will also make sure their new player is used to his fullest ability too