[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall to Miami

Jackass

...and yet the Dolphins were 3rd in rushing attempts with 509 vs. Denver with 440 attempts. Percentage wise the Dolphins run more...but, hey, I assumed it to be worse. I guess the Dolphins D being good enough to keep the offense on the field as much to get so many attempts rushing and passing.

The only thing that stat suggests is that Miami had to beg, borrow and steal for every first down. There was no chunck yardage. That is why they got Brandon Marshall. That is why he got paid. That is why they are going to use him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to make sure that I'm clear on this:

Miami just signed Marshall to the richest WR contract in NFL history, giving him $47.5M over 4 years, and in doing so have committed a ginormous portion of their cap to him.

And people are wondering if Miami will get him involved in the offense enough? Seriously?

:wacko:

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

Dude....

It's the serious Bronco fans who are up in arms. The ones who are blue-and-orange-colored-glasses sycophants are the ones who need a kick in the arse.

Who exactly do you think pays for this product? That's right - the fans. Whether directly through buying game tickets, merchandise, parking, concessions, etc or indirectly through the massive advertising revenues acquired because of the number of fans watching that allows networks to pay extraordinary fees in order to recapture the cost and then some in advertising capital, it's the fans who make the league work financially.

As such, fans have every right to expect a good product to be put on the field. Fans in Denver - the true fans, not the ones who still ejaculate to John Elway posters after they are tucked into bed - have higher expectations for their team than some others around the league. When they see a putz like McDoofus running their team in the ground, not only should they speak out, but they are obligated to speak out.

So be a good little McDenier, go clean off that John Elway poster, and step aside while fans who really care about the team step up to have serious conversations..

Well I guess you are in that blue and orange colored glasses sycophants that need the kick in the pants. Since most of the true Broncos fans I know have moved on and are embracing Coach McDaniel's and are willing to give him a chance. It seems that the old Bronco fans who cannot accept change want to just hold on to Elway and T Davis. Guess what they are not coming back.

The only thing that stat suggests is that Miami had to beg, borrow and steal for every first down. There was no chunck yardage. That is why they got Brandon Marshall. That is why he got paid. That is why they are going to use him.

Marshall is an outstanding addition and the acquisition makes most other fans jealous...Of course they are going to use him.

I see less chunk yardage in Miami than there was in Denver. Statistically and from a fantasy perspective, you would have to bet on Marshall's stats to decline from last year's (based simply on his QB's new maturity and experience plus new system and surroundings plus he and Henne may or may not click at first). Not as drastically as my knee jerk reaction to the trade inclined me to believe, though (thanks to some convincing from Keggerz).

I do not see either Miami RB losing carries (3rd in the league in attempts) and have to wonder how and if Henne's inexperience in reading defenses and acting on those proper reads with an accurate throw will lead to some missed opportunities and/or could test Marshall's patience (notice when Denver started losing the rift between coach and Marshall grew, not that I am blaming Marshall); however, I am sure the coaches will try to help create opportunities. Good luck and I am one of those jealous my team could not get Marshall.

I figured that I would hijack this thread rather than muddying up the main board because this thread involves people with at least a small interest in Miami and this is just me talking out of my ass

With Marshall now in Miami and Miami without its second - I think they either

Draft... Berry or Thomas.... McClain could go here - but I feel Miami takes Berry or Thomas here without hesitation....

or

Trade down (I only think this happens if neither Berry or Thomas are on the board) and net two of the following:

McClain (LB), Best (RB) Iupati (G) Mays (S) Hayden (CB) Weatherspoon (LB) , Cody (DT)

I see less chunk yardage in Miami than there was in Denver. Statistically and from a fantasy perspective, you would have to bet on Marshall's stats to decline from last year's (based simply on his QB's new maturity and experience plus new system and surroundings plus he and Henne may or may not click at first). Not as drastically as my knee jerk reaction to the trade inclined me to believe, though (thanks to some convincing from Keggerz).

I do not see either Miami RB losing carries (3rd in the league in attempts) and have to wonder how and if Henne's inexperience in reading defenses and acting on those proper reads with an accurate throw will lead to some missed opportunities and/or could test Marshall's patience

Dude . . . Marshall had to play with JAY CUTLER. And you are mentioning maturity? :wacko::tup: You must not have seen any Miami games last year, Henne throws a pretty solid deep ball . . . which is more than I can say for Orton. If Ginn had any kind of receiving ability, Henne would have had a lot more passing Tds last year.

just sayin' . . .

I figured that I would hijack this thread rather than muddying up the main board because this thread involves people with at least a small interest in Miami and this is just me talking out of my ass

With Marshall now in Miami and Miami without its second - I think they either

Draft... Berry or Thomas.... McClain could go here - but I feel Miami takes Berry or Thomas here without hesitation.... WRONG

or

Trade down (I only think this happens if neither Berry or Thomas are on the board) and net two of the following:

McClain (LB), Best (RB) Iupati (G) Mays (S) Hayden (CB) Weatherspoon (LB) , Cody (DT) WRONG

but somehow I am happy!

Jared Odrick

A two-time All-Big Ten First-Team selection, while being tabbed the 2009 Big Ten Defensive Player and Lineman of the Year, en route to All-Amercan honors...Finished his senior season, with 41 total tackles, 11 TFLs and seven sacks...The complete package with great size and size potential...Possesses excellent strength, agility and playmaking ability...Athleticism is off the charts, with the ability to hold his own against the run, penetrate and get after the passer, or drop back in coverage if need be...Tough for any offensive lineman to handle one-on-one, as he uses his strength to shock and awe...Solid tackler that finishes well.

Read more: http://sports.miamiherald.com/merge/tsnfor...2#ixzz0lv5AZ08E