[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets Go Pens !

Menudo

I'm quite skeptical of the Pens chances to repeat, but, they're definitely contenders. For them to even sniff repeating, Fleury will have to be phenomenal, and much better than he was in the regular season. Their defense just isn't nearly as good as what it was last year. With Orpik ailing, someone needs to step up along with Gonchar to help out on 'D'. Goligosky has been a big-time disappointment, and if he starts out sluggish in the playoffs, I hope they get Leopold out there, as he will at least give you the heart and effort. I'm confident that Malkin will turn it on when it counts, and the offense will be tough to handle. Guerin, has done NOTHING this year, but, I'm hopeful he finds something for the playoffs. It is good to hear that both Cooke & Kunitz are going tonight. The Sen have a good 'D', but, I think the Pens offense will be too much to handle. Pens in 5.

:wacko: LETS GO PENS !!!!!! :tup:

Edited by Menudo

ott responds

Pens were dominated thoroughly for the 4/5's of that period. I'm glad they are only down by 1.

Better get it together...............

Pens were dominated thoroughly for the 4/5's of that period. I'm glad they are only down by 1.

Better get it together...............

it will... you have the talent and are at home (will get more pp opportunities).

I hope the Pens play tonight resembles Friday night much more than Wednesday night. They need to jump on them early, take the crowd out of it and gain control of the series.

:wacko: Lets Go Pens !!!!

+1. though it was a great game to watch....another team blowing a game 7 at home. unreal.

and now the #4 seeded Pens are the top-see remaining in a screwy Eastern Conference. :tup:

What a crazy 1st round....... #1, #2, #3 & #5 Seeds all go down. :tup: It has been very entertaining to say the least. I'm still hoping for a Pens-Flyers Eastern Final. I would get great joy watching the Pens send them home for a third straight year. :lol: I'm happy the Caps are gone, but, perhaps I should be careful what I wish for. :wacko:

:tup: I am hoping we can field a full squad...or at least some guys I have heard of. :wacko:

No Carter, no Gagne...and now no Laperrier. Lost a full line of players in that final win over the Devils.

It really is impressive that they were able to handily defeat a tough team like the Devils, despite all of these setbacks. The Flyers are always tough in the playoffs, regardless of how the regular season went.

P.S. :tup:

Doesn't look good for the Habs now. Markov out with what is considered to be a serious leg injury, Spacek still out with what much be the ebola virus. They only have 1 legit defensive pairing in Gill and Gorges right now. Bergeron is a HUGH liability on the blue line. Subban looks good so far, but he's still a rookie. None the less, you aren't going to last long with only 1 and a half defensive pairings. I can still hold out some kind of hope, but it's going to be a mighty struggle to contain the Pens scorers enough to have a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Major props go out to Montreal. That team has a ton of heart and tremendous fan support. Game 7 is going to be an epic battle. If the Pens do go down, I'll be pulling for the Habs the rest of the way. This has been a very entertaining series. :wacko:

Major props go out to Montreal. That team has a ton of heart and tremendous fan support. Game 7 is going to be an epic battle. If the Pens do go down, I'll be pulling for the Habs the rest of the way. This has been a very entertaining series. :wacko:

If Fleury doesn't show up again, the Pens are done. He's VERY inconsistent. Montreal has played very well, they are very opportunistic. It reminds me a bit of how the Pens beat the Wings last year, I thought the Pens were outplayed for most of the series but managed to win, I kind of feel the same way about Montreal in this series. Hopefully the Pens experience and the home ice is enough to get them to the Conference Finals. But again, if Fleury doesn't get his head out of his ass, it won't matter.

Spot on there, much better than I would have guessed.

If Fleury doesn't show up again, the Pens are done. He's VERY inconsistent. Montreal has played very well, they are very opportunistic. It reminds me a bit of how the Pens beat the Wings last year, I thought the Pens were outplayed for most of the series but managed to win, I kind of feel the same way about Montreal in this series. Hopefully the Pens experience and the home ice is enough to get them to the Conference Finals. But again, if Fleury doesn't get his head out of his ass, it won't matter.

This.

I don't see the Pens collapsing at home, they have a lot of things going for them in game 7 besides home ice. Fluery has bounced back from every loss in this series with a win. Neither team has won 2 games in a row this series. Malkin tends to appear in big games, and this one doesn't get any bigger for the Pens thus far in this year's playoffs. Crosby broke his drought and scored a goal, so he has that going for him. And they realize that they can't half-ass it anymore with sloppy play, so the game 6 mistakes should not be there this time.

Montreal has clamped down defensively as best as they can, and in game 6 probably played the best that they have the entire series. It's going to be very important to weather the storm early in game 7 if they want to have a chance to win this. I really hope they do pull it out, but a solid consolation prize would be a fantastic game 7 from both teams. Much unlike the uber-hyped game 7 last year between the Pens and some team lead by a bunch of overrated Russkies. :tup:

Much unlike the uber-hyped game 7 last year between the Pens and some team lead by a bunch of overrated Russkies. :wacko:

Actually, that game was great. I felt that same nervous feeling that I do today, but, that was a rare playoff hockey game where I was able to relax early and start drinking my celebratory drinks The Habs will be there to win, I can guarantee that. I think it is going to be a great game.

Actually, that game was great. I felt that same nervous feeling that I do today, but, that was a rare playoff hockey game where I was able to relax early and start drinking my celebratory drinks The Habs will be there to win, I can guarantee that. I think it is going to be a great game.

Oh sure, if you were a Penguins fan it was. I remember it as a huge letdown as a series finale though, especially the way the first 6 games turned out. From Wikipedia (cripes, they got everything on there, don't they?)

In Game 7, Varlamov, who had posted a 2.21 GAA and two shutouts in the playoffs, was pulled in the second period as the Penguins took a 4–0 lead only 2:13 into the second period. At the time that Varlamov was replaced by Jose Theodore, Pittsburgh had outshot Washington 18–5. The Penguins won 6-2 in dominating fashion, picking up a pair of goals from Crosby, to close out the series.