[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rooney to "update" media today.

Godell has made it very clear that Roethlisberger can still very much violate the player conduct rules while being found not guilty by a grand jury.

Personally, I don't think 2 games is enough. It would pretty much eliminate my team from contention for the season, but he needs to shape up.

And speaking of shaping up, is it me, or does he look like he's put on some extra weight? And I don't mean the good kind. His nuclear mullet didn't help either, glad he ditched that.

Byron Leftwich (sent a 7th rounder to TB for him)

Byron has really lost value. He was the seventh pick in the NFL draft. Now he is traded for a seventh round pick.

I still like the move as he does have an arm but he is no full time replacement.

Byron has really lost value. He was the seventh pick in the NFL draft. Now he is traded for a seventh round pick.

I still like the move as he does have an arm but he is no full time replacement.

I think it was Mayock a week or two ago who predicted this trade.

I really have to applaud Steelers fans for being so honest about this and not looking at it with tinted glasses. The guy hasn't been convicted of anything and he is a very good QB. It takes some character to stand by not wanting the guy on your team despite that.

Just in time for their 3 prime time games. How convenient. :tup:

And they only have 1 divisional game in those first 4 weeks which is at home and then a bye to get him ready :wacko:

:tup:

Hopefully, he won't even be on the team. :praying:

so would would Pitt homers be happy with in exchange for Ben? If could pull the trigger - what is the least you would deal him for (I guess we'd have to be talking about picks here)

That is a tough question.

My head says that it would have to be an early 1st rounder that could be used to somehow get Bradford or Claussen. I mean you are talking about a two-time Super Bowl winning QB, who has done nothing but win his entire career. Bradford or Claussen might be great, but, Roethlsiberger has already proven that he is a great QB.

However, my heart tells me to take the best you can get for him, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, and move on.

This has definitely been an off-season that I'd like to forget as a Steelers fan.

the steelers and their fans seem to be having a wicked fit of denial here, thinking they have even a remote chance of getting a high first rounder for him right now.

Hoping would be more accurate.

They'll deal him to Oakland for 1.08 straight up and draft Claussen. :wacko:

For a two-time SB champion who hasn't been convicted of anything, it seems like they could get more than just the 1.08. I mean, the Broncos got two first rounders for Jay Cutler, and Cutler hasn't won squat.

For a two-time SB champion who hasn't been convicted of anything, it seems like they could get more than just the 1.08. I mean, the Broncos got two first rounders for Jay Cutler, and Cutler hasn't won squat.

As far as the Steelers are concerned, Ben is one slip away from a year long suspension.

Santonio Holmes tweeted he was going to "Wake and Bake" and got shipped for a 5th.

I think the Rooneys will take a top ten pick for Ben and call it a day.