[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 Way trade

tazinib1

So Delmas and Scheffler Western Michigan alums are reunited. All they need now is Greg Jennings. :wacko:

We both know that will never happen. We don't even have to think about it for another few years. Thanks again Ted for extending Jennings contract.

I find it funny how so many people not named "Pat Bowlen" have so much negative feedback over the moves McD is making.

Did anyone ever stop to think that (a) McD has a game plan that he's discussed with the owner and the owner likes it and (:tup: the owner has told him to not spend more money than is absolutely necessary?

Shanny really fooked over Bowlen with his garbage spending and put the franchise in a hole. Travis Henry was on the books last year. Whatever happened to the $30mil for Gerrard Warren?

the McD hate is stupid. give it a rest.

I guess I'm one of the few that likes the moves McD is making. Cutler didn't fit his offense, and it's not as if Cutler lit the world on fire in Chicago last year.

For all the talent Marshall has, he's still a piece of crap. One more stupid move away from being suspended for a long time. I wouldn't want to be on the side counting on him to keep his nose clean. The class he didn't display throughout the year was comical. From kicking the ball in practice, to reaming out Moreno during a game for a fumble (although I remember Marshall dropping balls left and right in 08 and laughing it off) to saying he was too injured to practice during the week leading up to the season finale.

The majority of you guys complain about players and there piss poor attitudes, yet when someone like McDaniels does something about it, people say he's an idiot.

I'm willing to bet he gets the better end of the Cutler trade, breaks even on the Marshall trade, and as far as Scheffler goes... It's not like he's an elite talent, nor does he fit in a power running offense.

I'm kind of surprised that Detroit would go make a trade for a TE after spending such a high pick on one last year. Pettigrew was doing ok when healthy. I guess Linehan offenses like to use two TE sets, so maybe it works out.

Even so, Heller proved more than capable last season as a TE2.

IMO something is going on with Pettigrew's rehab...

I find it funny how so many people not named "Pat Bowlen" have so much negative feedback over the moves McD is making.

Did anyone ever stop to think that (a) McD has a game plan that he's discussed with the owner and the owner likes it and (:wacko: the owner has told him to not spend more money than is absolutely necessary?

Shanny really fooked over Bowlen with his garbage spending and put the franchise in a hole. Travis Henry was on the books last year. Whatever happened to the $30mil for Gerrard Warren?

ahh, finally I see the light. the fact that they're giving away good players for nothing is shanahan's fault.

it seems like you're saying this is all some sort of genius master plan by bowlen. which I sort of agree with, actually. the master plan being, to tank the team and save bowlen himself a ton of cash.

We both know that will never happen. We don't even have to think about it for another few years. Thanks again Ted for extending Jennings contract.

I guess I'm one of the few that likes the moves McD is making. Cutler didn't fit his offense, and it's not as if Cutler lit the world on fire in Chicago last year.

For all the talent Marshall has, he's still a piece of crap. One more stupid move away from being suspended for a long time. I wouldn't want to be on the side counting on him to keep his nose clean. The class he didn't display throughout the year was comical. From kicking the ball in practice, to reaming out Moreno during a game for a fumble (although I remember Marshall dropping balls left and right in 08 and laughing it off) to saying he was too injured to practice during the week leading up to the season finale.

The majority of you guys complain about players and there piss poor attitudes, yet when someone like McDaniels does something about it, people say he's an idiot.

I'm willing to bet he gets the better end of the Cutler trade, breaks even on the Marshall trade, and as far as Scheffler goes... It's not like he's an elite talent, nor does he fit in a power running offense.

While I agree with you on Marshall being a POS . . . I will wait to apss judgement until after the draft. If "McGenius" cant mine some gold out of these picks, then it still comes down to a horrible trade . .

Did anyone ever stop to think that (a) McD has a game plan that he's discussed with the owner and the owner likes it and (:wacko: the owner has told him to not spend more money than is absolutely necessary?

True, But you can't make money if there is no one to bring in the fans because their record this year sure won't.

True, But you can't make money if there is no one to bring in the fans because their record this year sure won't.

The Broncos have a pretty dedicated fan base... I don't think they'll be sitting at home instead of the stadium. McD is putting together a team of players you can root for. Ridding themselves of turds will cause temporary pain, but is whats best for the long term.

The Broncos have a pretty dedicated fan base... I don't think they'll be sitting at home instead of the stadium. McD is putting together a team of players you can root for. Ridding themselves of turds will cause temporary pain, but is whats best for the long term.

This and your prior one both great posts. I'm neutral on DEN but tired of the McD hate too. I totally respect any HC/GM/etc who gets rid of head cases; it's what I like most about Polian, and Tobin before him - it wasn't until then that the Colts starting turning it around (and yes it started before Manning). IMO people underestimate how that can impact a team.

This and your prior one both great posts. I'm neutral on DEN but tired of the McD hate too. I totally respect any HC/GM/etc who gets rid of head cases; it's what I like most about Polian, and Tobin before him - it wasn't until then that the Colts starting turning it around (and yes it started before Manning). IMO people underestimate how that can impact a team.

only problem is that not one of the players mcdillhole has run out of town was a "head case" UNTIL he got here -- and it is NOT a coincidence. marshall had recurring issues with that ex-girlfriend that were concerning, but on the football field and in every other way he was a model citizen. cutler was just one of the best young QBs in the game. scheffler was a dangerous weapon in the passing game. and it's not just players, he ran off mike nolan (the best thing this team had going for it last year), bobby turner, rick dennison. those guys must all be head cases too, right?

in any case, I'm not sure how any of this makes trading scheffler and a 7th rounder for a 5th rounder a defensible trade. no one defending mcdaniels will even touch that question, which is why we're off again on this same tangent yet again.

You make a good point there.

+1

Money, money, money...Marshall and Scheffler were already in the doghouse and you know contract negotiations to stay in Denver would not work out. Denver had to get something now, before this draft. Simms and Scheffler were bigger names 2 years ago and have been reduced to 'replaceable' parts.

Cannot wait for 2010 draft.

Ridding themselves of turds...

Cutler did at 25 yrs old what only 12 other NFL players in history have done - throw for over 4500 yds in a season. Marshall at 25 yrs old holds the NFL record for receptions in a game and is a year away from tying an NFL record for consecutive seasons with 100+ catches. On top of that, despite some immature behavior, both guys were hard nosed players on the field who always give their best on game day. Cutler would take a shot in the chops and bounce up for the next play, and would sacrifice his body to gain an extra yard on a run. Did he make some bad mistakes in judgment on the field? Hell yes - he's still in his learning curve as a QB at his age and will be for another 2 to 3 years. Marshall is a hell of a down field blocker and doesn't dog any plays called the opposite direction, and puts up one hell of a fight to bat away a poorly thrown ball that might otherwise end up being a turnover.

Did they have maturity issues? Yep - that can be said of a lot of player at their age playing their respective positions. But instead of working with and teaching this kind of unique and superb proven young talent, McDickhead sent them packing simply because they weren't "his" guys. He did the same thing with Leach, who was a very good long snapper and clubhouse leader only to bring his own long snapper - for a cool $1M, and now he's also done it with Scheffler. And while he at least got decent value for Cutler (which he pissed away with some terrible drafting), he isn't getting anywhere near comparable value now that the rest of the league sees how wholely dedicated to salving his ego and how he willingly dispatches young studs.

Look at what he did with Hillis last year despite the chosen one Moreno being completely incapable of gaining even 1 foot in short yardage situations - and then sent Hillis packing too despite how good Hillis looked when pressed into running the ball the year before, as well as displaying great hands and providing punishing blocking at FB. And Hillis was hardly a "turd" - he worked hard all the time and willingly & gladly did the dirty work.

It's one thing to be a little egomaniacal Napolean when you've proven yourself in the league like Shanahan had, even when you make some serious personnel errors; and it's an entirely different thing to be an unproven punk-ass young Napolean when you haven't proven a damned thing except that you can be in charge of the only team in NFL history to start a season 6-0 and miss the playoffs while sending young uber-studs packing only because of your massive ego and your massive failure to bring their incredible talent into the fold.

You McDilweed jock sniffers just keep right on wiping his nose and making all sorts of excuses as he dismantles this team. Some of us who love the Broncos are going to be very vocal in opposition when we watch the ongoing debacle that is the McDildo era in Denver. How long do you think it's going to be before other very talented players see how this knob treats his team and how he wrecks any chances they have of getting into the playoffs and either bypasses Denver in FA or if they are currently rostered to work their way off the team (and that isn't difficult - just disagree with little Joshy, or look at him the wrong way and he'll trade you for a box of crackerjack) If you want to find the biggest turd on the Broncos, just look for the little dillwad in the hoody. This ain't Belicheck, folks. If you think he can pull off the heavy-handed style of management that Belicheck does, you're in for a rude awakening while we watch the Broncos sink into Detroit/Cleveland territory.

Edited by Bronco Billy

health is the key issue for Simms...total hitting machine but cannot stay healthy.

Maybe in college he was.

The Honolulu blue and silver haven't had a hitter on the team since Charles Rogers left.

:wacko:

Edited by Furd

cutler was just one of the best young QBs in the game.

Didn't you hear? Cutler had a bad year on a perennially struggling offense and now he is trash. So say we all.

Anyway, I'm guessing this is a solid move for Detroit since Fitzsimmons retired they could use another guy. And Scheffler may not be "elite" in some people's eyes but I don't know if you could find him in the 5th round very often. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Adding an athletic pass catching TE to an offense with Megatron can't hurt. As far as Denver, nobody will really be able to claim failure or victory in the McD argument for a few years.

Anyone else left from that 2006 draft class? After this weekend someone needs to compile exactly what Denver got in return for Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler.

well I think the cutler deal is more or less in the books. they got ayers, alphonso smith, and orton. I mean there's a tad more to it, they also swapped a 2009 5 for chicago's 3, which they then packaged (I think) for other picks to move back up into round 2 to draft richard quinn (another total dud). and they actually traded their own 2010 first rounder for alphonso smith, not chicago's. but that's basically what they got in return....we'll see if ayers or smith develops, but basically at this point it appears their haul from the cutler deal was a bunch of f'ing garbage.

and let me just give a hearty AMEN to bronco billy's last post :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

Ridding themselves of turds...

Cutler did at 25 yrs old what only 12 other NFL players in history have done - throw for over 4500 yds in a season. Marshall at 25 yrs old holds the NFL record for receptions in a game

Is this going to be your response to every thread here on out?

"I don't agree with what Obama is doing here..."

BB: "How can you say that when Marshall at 25 yrs old holds the NFL record for receptions in a game? Give me a break!"

"I question this aspect of global warming..."

BB: "How can you say that when Cutler threw for over 4500 yds in a season? Get a grip!"

:tup:

cmon stop throwing out stat1 or stat2 and acting like that somehow backs your McHate rants or the broader picture; it's blatantly weak. So is acting like anyone who disagrees is sniffing his jock blah blah blah. Do you have no ability to be objective here at all?

I don't know if McD is a total weinerhead (personably wise) or not, or something in between. Neither does anyone else here. But it's not exactly unheard of for a new "regime" to want to start over with a new QB, even if they have a good one in place sometimes - and while Cutler has looked good overall so far, he hasn't been dazzling. Further, if you offered someone either Cutler or Cassel plus two #1 picks, I'm betting quite a few would take Door #2.

As for Marshall I suspect he's more or less been a d-bag his whole life. But I do agree the contract thing needed to get done, and true the jury is obviously out on what they got in return for Cutler and Marshall, and their moves in general, and I agree they basically gave Scheffler away. So I don't know if McD will be proven out or not. But I do know that so far they aren't doing any worse under him than they were under Shanny of late. But I guess that doesn't matter either because...Marshall holds the NFL record for receptions in a game! Dude! :tup:

Edited by BeeR

Didn't you hear? Cutler had a bad year on a perennially struggling offense and now he is trash. So say we all.

Anyway, I'm guessing this is a solid move for Detroit since Fitzsimmons retired they could use another guy. And Scheffler may not be "elite" in some people's eyes but I don't know if you could find him in the 5th round very often. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Adding an athletic pass catching TE to an offense with Megatron can't hurt. As far as Denver, nobody will really be able to claim failure or victory in the McD argument for a few years.

I hate to say it, but this looks and sounds an awful lot like what we went trhough when Millen first came here. He dumped the good talent, and never brought in anything good afterwards, the 1 lone exception, CJ, which was a no brainer. At first I was OK..... thought we'd see a productive different approach, boy were we wrong. I don't see successful coach's in the NFL dumping pretty good players. Seems like proven coach's are always somehow adding damn good talent to what they have and kept. No way I see Denver being better without the 3 players mentioned, and what Denver has in return for them. I could be wrong, however, we were very wrong with giving Millen a cou[ple of wait and see years while he madestupid senseless moves. If going to argue for or against McD, just watch the first couple years of drafts, and free agency, if hit no one yet, you are not going to ever. You have this year left to see for yourselves, being objective here, it sounds alot like Millen #2. Good luck with that.

Cutler .........(bunch of sense making)...................this ain't Belicheck, folks.

and :tup:

there have been far better and far more experienced "not Belicheck's" that have left NE's coaching ranks that sucked. I don't know what people are looking for from the guy that ran Belicheck's kids fantasy league the year before being promoted to OC.

Is this going to be your response to every thread here on out?

"I don't agree with what Obama is doing here..."

BB: "How can you say that when Marshall at 25 yrs old holds the NFL record for receptions in a game? Give me a break!"

"I question this aspect of global warming..."

BB: "How can you say that when Cutler threw for over 4500 yds in a season? Get a grip!"

The point you are missing - intentionally just to piss me off, I'd guess knowing you - is that there is concrete evidence that some of the guys McDiddlysquat is sending packing are pretty damned good players.

Unless, of course, you think Parcells knows nothing about football players and decided to pay Marshall more money over a 4 year period than any WR in history not for prior performance reasons but because he just likes turds a lot...