[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Mock Draft v2

keggerz

Here is the link to my Mock v2: http://www.thehuddle.com/blog/?p=764

In mock v1 I didn't allow for any trades (even though we all know they will happen)....in mock v2 I did attempt to project a couple of trades.

Just to whet your appetite here are the first 5 picks(Yup, I am still hard headed and not buying Bradford going to the Rams):

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska (I still can’t buy the Rams taking Bradford here. Look for them to address the QB spot by drafting Colt McCoy at the top of the 2nd round.)

2. Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma (The Lions could slightly turn the draft on its ear if they acquire Albert Haynesworth and opt to select Russell Okung with the 2nd overall pick.)

3. Tampa Bay Bucs: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech (The Bucs would love to see the Lions pass on McCoy for Okung.)

4. Washington Redskins: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma (Have read that the Redskins have Williams over Okung on their draft board.)

5. Buffalo Bills (via projected trade with Kansas City Chiefs): Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma (If Bradford ends up going 1st overall then look for the Chiefs to stay at 5 and select Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State or Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa.)

Here is the official 1st round draft order as of now:

1 (1) Rams

2 (2) Lions

3 (3) Buccaneers

4 (4) Redskins

5 (5) Chiefs

6 (6) Seahawks

7 (7) Browns

8 (8) Raiders

9 (9) Bills

10 (10)Jaguars

11 (11)Broncos (From Bears)

12 (12)Dolphins

13 (13)49ers

14 (14)Seahawks (From Broncos)

15 (15)Giants

16 (16)Titans

17 (17)49ers (From Panthers)

18 (18)Steelers

19 (19)Falcons

20 (20)Texans

21 (21)Bengals

22 (22)Patriots

23 (23)Packers

24 (24)Eagles

25 (25)Ravens

26 (26)Cardinals

27 (27)Cowboys

28 (28)Chargers

29 (29)Jets

30 (30)Vikings

31 (31)Colts

32 (32)Saints

NFLN just showed a clip of Rams GM Bill Devaney and Spags and Devaney said the following

I am sure it was just a mispoken error but do you really make that mistake if you are in love with Bradford? Sure I am reaching at straws but at this time of year that is about all there is...here is the quote

"...every workout we went to its like a beauty contest, you know you go out to Suh its oh my god I love this guy. You know then your at McCoy's workout at Oklahoma, its the same thing geez so and Bradford was no different. It was seemed like every guy we went to we felt the same way so. Yeah, we spent time on Bradford and he answered a lot of questions but so did those other kids."

NFLN just showed a clip of Rams GM Bill Devaney and Spags and Devaney said the following

I am sure it was just a mispoken error but do you really make that mistake if you are in love with Bradford? Sure I am reaching at straws but at this time of year that is about all there is...here is the quote

"...every workout we went to its like a beauty contest, you know you go out to Suh its oh my god I love this guy. You know then your at McCoy's workout at Oklahoma, its the same thing geez so and Bradford was no different. It was seemed like every guy we went to we felt the same way so. Yeah, we spent time on Bradford and he answered a lot of questions but so did those other kids."

I think he was referring to Gerald McCoy, not Colt. At least that is how I interpretted it.

you have Earl Thomas twice....Saints and Bengals...

that was a formatting error....had the Cowboys taking Thomas but then did the trade with the Bengals and didn't delete thomas once I penciled Gresham in as the pick for the Bengals

I think he was referring to Gerald McCoy, not Colt. At least that is how I interpretted it.

:tup::wacko::lol: I was even wondering why he would mention "Colt" first over Bradford too...but you are right that has to be what he was talking about. :tup:

Edited by keggerz

The Browns will not take the pickl at 7

If Berry is there at 7 they are 100% going to take thier pick that is the guy they covet.

If Berry goes 5th or 6th for some reason then the Browns will probably try pretty hard to trade the pick. The question is will it be worth it ?

The Browns in the past (before MH) got hammered on these up and down trades.

They traded their 1st round pick (7th I believe) and their 2nd round pick (high 2nd round pick that is) to move up 1 freaking spot to take Winslow the 1 year. That wasn't a very bright trade at all.

They traded a future 1st round pick plus a very high 2nd round pick to move up to the end of the end of the 1st round to take Quinn.

Then they traded down last year and got what ? They moved down from 5 to 12 to 14 to 16 to 19 (or whatever it was) and they got a bunch of former Jet stiffs

A few years ago they moved down 1 pick from like 13th to 14th and got back a 6th rounder in exchange then took a stiff Wimbley.

So as you can see the Browns have been terrible on these trading up/down moves.

This is Pre Mike hopefully he does better.

Earl Thomas is also a possiblity if Berry is not there. They could roll the dice and figure they can get him later and trade down or pick him "earlier" and take him 7th.

IMO, the pick at #5 is the first one where teams will really want to try to trade up to ... unless Suh or McCoy slip past TB at #3 ... in which case WAS's pick at #4 will get some interest.

I could see any of the five teams behind KC trying to trade up for someone ... Okung or TWilliams, Berry or Clausen ... while I'd love to see KC drop back a couple of slots, I don't think they will.

Also, with the trading of Brandon Marshall out of the division (and conference), I just don't see KC needing a safety that high in the first round --- who is in the AFC West that will kill them in the passing game besides Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates? Eddie Royal? Chaz Shillens? Naw...KC takes a fat guy in the 1st round for the DL or OL ... hopefully we can pick up an extra pick or two and drop back a bit ...

Ok, so I was looking at Mock v2 and doing some more research and decided to do one last update...this one doesn't allow for trades and a few picks that were probably considered "out there" are now a bit more conforming (like Bradford going to the Rams, still don't agree but hey they are the Rams).

Mock v3 (final update) http://www.thehuddle.com/blog/?p=777

(hopefully my eyes weren't to crossed and there aren't any typos or cut & paste errors)

Here are the first 5 picks:

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma (I have been pretty vocal saying that Rams should take Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska but it looks like the Rams will go with Bradford so I am adjusting accordingly. For the record I still don’t agree with it.)

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska (Lions fans will be very happy to see Suh in Honolulu Blue.)

3. Tampa Bay Bucs: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma(McCoy will be instantly help to make the Bucs defense a much better unit.)

4. Washington Redskins: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma (Have read the Redskins have Williams over Okung on their draft board.)

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State (With Okung on the board there is no way the Chiefs look at taking S, Eric Berry.)

Edited by keggerz

Just because alot of experts are predicting A.J. will take a running back in the first round, I think he WON'T. He's too unpredictable! I'm thinking he will take a run-stopping defensive lineman.

Just because alot of experts are predicting A.J. will take a running back in the first round, I think he WON'T. He's too unpredictable! I'm thinking he will take a run-stopping defensive lineman.

I think you very well could be right....I thought about giving the Chargers a DT but in the end decided to go with the RB

I like the new mock...but I'm not so sure Berry will be there at 24 when the eagles make their pick...

Berry won't make it close to 24 (unless you are talkling about Thomas)...if they want Berry they will need to be very aggressive and move up to nab him...in the end I think the Eagles move up for whoever it is they covet and if not could actuallly see them taking CB kareem Jackson at 24 too.

I think you very well could be right....I thought about giving the Chargers a DT but in the end decided to go with the RB

Berry won't make it close to 24 (unless you are talkling about Thomas)...if they want Berry they will need to be very aggressive and move up to nab him...in the end I think the Eagles move up for whoever it is they covet and if not could actuallly see them taking CB kareem Jackson at 24 too.

imo...Eagles move down and take Devin McCourtney as they can afford to drop down a few picks and get value...

plus Andy likes taking local guys...

this draft is so deep that I don't see Andy feeling the need to jump up and take anyone...

but if there is a trade up, it's because we traded a pick next year with this years pick to get "that player"

imo...Eagles move down and take Devin McCourtney as they can afford to drop down a few picks and get value...

plus Andy likes taking local guys...

this draft is so deep that I don't see Andy feeling the need to jump up and take anyone...

but if there is a trade up, it's because we traded a pick next year with this years pick to get "that player"

i dont think it has anything to do with liking a guy because he is local...more so would have to do with the fact they probably feel they

get a better feel with local guys since it is easier to scout them because they are in your back yard

and I am really tempted to tweak my mock one last time and give the Vikings Colt McCoy :wacko:

As much as I agree with your philosophy and reasoning, I am having a herd time seeing the Rams NOT take Bradford at this point.

He maybe great...but I can't understand why teams with these high picks would invest so much money in the guy with the higher risk factor. Still.....I think that's who will end up being picked first.