[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK Bronco Billy I agree w/you now

BeeR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, hardly. He picked up other draft picks for both. Jury is out. But wth, you got Clausen sitting there and take Tebow? I like the guy and hope it works out, but risky to say the least, and while hindsight may proven otherwise IMO dumb move - you gotta go w/what makes sense now. That wasn't quite it.

PS BB might be in a hospital now from jumping off a cliff so let's all wave :wave:

Edited by BeeR

these guys you're calling morons have way more knowledge as to what they're doing than you.

you say that based on what, exactly? that awesome draft they had last year? :wacko:

the tebow thing is intriguing. could be a hugh bust, but I kind of like that move. and I'm far less annoyed by them picking tebow when clausen is on the board than I was by them picking thomas when dez bryant was on the board.

so, the more I think about the tebow pick the more I like it. I see it as a win-win situation. if he turns into a good NFL quarterback, well, it's great for the team in a lot of ways. if he's a total bust, this pick just hastens the end of the mcdildo era. win-win. there's a decent chance it even accomplishes both goals -- tebow sits on the bench this year, so the pick doesn't help the team at all, and the team goes 2-14 earning joshie his walking papers, then jon gruden comes in and turns tebow into a stud. hey, a guy can dream...

you say that based on what, exactly? that awesome draft they had last year? :wacko:

the tebow thing is intriguing. could be a hugh bust, but I kind of like that move. and I'm far less annoyed by them picking tebow when clausen is on the board than I was by them picking thomas when dez bryant was on the board.

I guess if you hate McDaniels, you'd like it.

Aren't the Donkeys pick-rich this year thanks to the unforeseen largesse of Clan McCaskey? I'd think they could have let Tebow slide into the 2nd easily and still gotten him.

I said this on another thread and I am still trying to figure it out. Maybe someone knows something that I either didn't hear or missed. Denver is sitting there at 24 and Pats are on the clock. They make a trade, move up 2 spots and give up a 4th round pick to get Tebow when they have the 43rd pick in the 2nd round where everything I heard they could have got him there. Was there other teams that high on him that Denver thought he wouldn't be there?

I said this on another thread and I am still trying to figure it out. Maybe someone knows something that I either didn't hear or missed. Denver is sitting there at 24 and Pats are on the clock. They make a trade, move up 2 spots and give up a 4th round pick to get Tebow when they have the 43rd pick in the 2nd round where everything I heard they could have got him there. Was there other teams that high on him that Denver thought he wouldn't be there?

Buffalo was reportedly trying to trade up into the same area to take Tebow.

Never underestimate the ability of a QB guru to reach for a player.

*cough Chilly cough*

:wacko:

Again...over Clausen or McCoy. What do they know that we don't.

Probably the same thing that all of the other teams who passed on Clausen know, he lacks the one "unteachable" thing an NFL QB needs. Leadership Skills.

That's the same reason it took Romo so long to break in as the cowboys starter despite ahving a great skill set.

The only real knock on Tebow is mechanics, McDaniels is one of the more qualified people in the league to teach Tebow the proper mechanics. I have no vested interest in the Broncos at all but I have to say I do believe that if Broncos fans are patient, ultimately they will be rewarded.

I know, I know Belichicks past assistants have not faired well as Head Coaches, McDaniels will.

He is moving this team in the right direction.

Edited by Jrick35

I like what the Denver Broncos did today. Believe it or not, these guys you're calling morons have way more knowledge as to what they're doing than you.

A 2nd 3rd and 4th round pick for Tebow?

The Broncos gave up choices in the second (No. 43), third (No. 70) and fourth (No. 114) rounds to move back into the first round and draft Florida's southpaw quarterback, whom McDaniels had raved about last week.

Last year those picks were Everette Brown, Michael Johnson and Bruton(but could have been Collie, Andre Brown or Louis Murphy).

That's a lot for a guy that could have fallen.

If McDaniels is trying to prove how smart he is by turning Tebow into a good NFL QB he may be trying to outsmart himself.

QUOTE (j2v @ 4/22/10 10:36pm)

Buffalo was reportedly trying to trade up into the same area to take Tebow.

They were? Are you sure about that? I hear Green Bay was trying to trade down. Could very well be someone is sending out smoke signals.

Probably the same thing that all of the other teams who passed on Clausen know, he lacks the one "unteachable" thing an NFL QB needs. Leadership Skills.

Are those the same leadership skills Aaron Rodgers lacked when he fell?

Edited by Randall

so, the more I think about the tebow pick the more I like it. I see it as a win-win situation. if he turns into a good NFL quarterback, well, it's great for the team in a lot of ways. if he's a total bust, this pick just hastens the end of the mcdildo era. win-win. there's a decent chance it even accomplishes both goals -- tebow sits on the bench this year, so the pick doesn't help the team at all, and the team goes 2-14 earning joshie his walking papers, then jon gruden comes in and turns tebow into a stud. hey, a guy can dream...

as much as I can't stand McDaniels... it seems like he's a guy who'd want a cerebral QB and I think they got on in Tebow.

he is also a little Nepolianic so - I can see not wanting to deal with Clausens attitude as I feel Clausen would be far more of a problem personality than Cutler ever was.

As far as picking Thomas over Bryant....they just got rid of Marshall. I doubt they had the will to endure another headache.

To me, it seems they got two coach-able, quality people for their franchise.

For example, I'm having a hell of a time coaching my 11YO son's soccer team this year, because most of them don't listen (can't bench them, because I only have 0-1 subs usually). I understand, at least in a small way, where McDaniels may be coming from on this one.

And...dammit...there I go defending the Broncos again. The apocalypse is surely upon us.

as much as I can't stand McDaniels... it seems like he's a guy who'd want a cerebral QB and I think they got on in Tebow.

he is also a little Nepolianic so - I can see not wanting to deal with Clausens attitude as I feel Clausen would be far more of a problem personality than Cutler ever was.

I didn't think Tebow was that smart

That's the same reason it took Romo so long to break in as the cowboys starter despite ahving a great skill set.

Romo came from a small school and never had a high draft grade like Tebow. He was an undrafted free agent. My guess is that had more to do with the amount of time it took for him to become the team's QB than any perceived lack of leadership skills.

Edited by General Itals

Denver has gotten rid of what they thought were problem personalities and replaced them with what they thought were plus personalities.

One thing I have found about the NFL Draft in watching over the years is that I am no longer surprised when a team picks a player earlier than I thought, and then that player performs on an NFL level.

Best of luck to Tim Tebow, and I hope Thomas really is a good guy.