[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK Bronco Billy I agree w/you now

BeeR

Denver has gotten rid of what they thought were problem personalities and replaced them with what they thought were plus personalities.

Cool. Maybe they can suit up Oprah & Dr Phil in the coming season. Personality plus or not, the guys you put on the field still have to be physically capable of playing on a roughly equivalent level as your opponents. This isn't a coooking contest - this is the NFL.

And yes, I'm still okay. It's hard to imagine any team willingly swapping out Cutler & Marshall for Tebow/Orton/Brady & Gaffney/Thomas. I hope the McDouchebag sack-swingers are having fun. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say around week 8 of the 2010 season when the team is wallowing and the 2 2010 1st rounders are still at least 2 years from being able to provide any real help to the team - if in fact they will be able to play meaningfully at all.

Tebow in the 1st round...

:shakinghead:

What a freakin' McDildo.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you say that based on what, exactly? that awesome draft they had last year? :wacko:

the tebow thing is intriguing. could be a hugh bust, but I kind of like that move. and I'm far less annoyed by them picking tebow when clausen is on the board than I was by them picking thomas when dez bryant was on the board.

All I know is that McD in his first year, and without the supposed franchise quarterback still won the same amount of games that Shanny/Cutler did the previous year. The guy deserves a little bit of rope. And I applaud him for getting rid of those turds. So why in the blue hell would he take another turd in Dez Bryant? You and a lot of other people are going to be eating there words when it comes to Thomas. The guy is going to be the best WR of this draft class.

The guy is going to be the best WR of this draft class.

Agreed. But Tebow over Clausen? Seriously now. I, among other people, believe Clausen to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft.

Minn should have the heir apparent to Favre tonight.

All I know is that McD in his first year, and without the supposed franchise quarterback still won the same amount of games that Shanny/Cutler did the previous year. The guy deserves a little bit of rope. And I applaud him for getting rid of those turds. So why in the blue hell would he take another turd in Dez Bryant? You and a lot of other people are going to be eating there words when it comes to Thomas. The guy is going to be the best WR of this draft class.

I have no problem with the WR pick. Thomas still has size and speed which is what they need obviously. Just not the headache that potentially Bryant offers. The Tebow pick I just don't get. Tebow most likely won't be able to help this team at all this year. Denver still has a ton of holes to fill and there were plenty of options at that point. Why take a QB? I just don't get it.

So to recap 2 years of 1st round picks. We have a DE/OLB who plays behind the NFL leader in sacks, so he won't play. A QB who won't play. A RB who could be good but didn't really do anything special last year, and a WR who could be good but has alot of work to do.

Excellent!

Cool. Maybe they can suit up Oprah & Dr Phil in the coming season. Personality plus or not, the guys you put on the field still have to be physically capable of playing on a roughly equivalent level as your opponents. This isn't a coooking contest - this is the NFL.

And yes, I'm still okay. It's hard to imagine any team willingly swapping out Cutler & Marshall for Tebow/Orton/Brady & Gaffney/Thomas. I hope the McDouchebag sack-swingers are having fun. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say around week 8 of the 2010 season when the team is wallowing and the 2 2010 1st rounders are still at least 2 years from being able to provide any real help to the team - if in fact they will be able to play meaningfully at all.

What a freakin' McDildo.

You forgot to mention that Marshall holds the NFL record for catches in a game again. :wacko:

McLOL

I maintain this was a dumb move, but actually I'm not agreeing w/you on the whole about McD. Yet anyway. He doesn't appear to be doing any worse than Shanny right now and this is the midst of major changes. People said they were doomed to failure last year and did way better than anyone expected, even given the late swoon. We'll see...

Matt Millen had those same credentials. How'd that turn out?

+1

I always thought the "he does this for a living, so he MUST know more than everyone else" line of thinking was weak. I could name half a dozen teams that would be better with Mayock running their draft then the "experts" that actually do it for a living.

From a place that I get information on draft prospects:

Strengths: Excellent size with long arms --- Outstanding athlete --- Plays fast with good acceleration and a burst --- Soft hands and will make the difficult catch --- Aggressive with terrific ball skills and body control --- Fantastic leaping ability --- Strong and Physical --- Knows how to get open, separate and use his big frame --- Great agility and balance and does not go down easy --- Elusive runner with nice vision and instincts --- Is tough and not afraid to go across the middle --- Competitive --- Above average blocker --- Can also contribute as a return man --- Productive.

Weaknesses: Immature --- Unreliable --- Just average timed speed --- Not a polished route runner --- Lapses in focus and concentration --- Must adjust to a pro style system --- Intelligence may be an issue --- Limited experience.

Strengths:

Excellent height and bulk with long arms and large hands --- Very athletic --- Deceptive speed --- Great leaping ability --- Terrific ball skills and body control --- Vertical threat who makes plays downfield --- Real physical and aggressive --- Knows how to use his size --- Runs with power and will break tackles --- Nice vision --- Good strength --- Terrific stiff-arm --- Above average blocker --- Competitive --- Still has upside.

Weaknesses:

Will drop some passes --- A very unpolished route runner --- Not overly quick or explosive and lacks a burst --- Not real elusive and won't make defenders miss --- Pad level might be a problem --- Ability to beat the jam is a question mark --- Must adjust to a pro style offense --- Health?

Both of these WRs graded the same....and here are their strengths and weaknesses. Does one sound greatly superior to the other?

Only one has character concerns at this time.

From a place that I get information on draft prospects:

Both of these WRs graded the same....and here are their strengths and weaknesses. Does one sound greatly superior to the other?

Only one has character concerns at this time.

Here's a scouting report for you. See if you can guess who the subject is.

He has excellent AA and size, and good speed, and at times he will show very good hands and overall receiving skills.. He has good quickness in his routes, shows separation and is a threat to run after the catch. He has good explosiveness in and out of his cuts, and he can get off a jam.

Matt Millen had those same credentials. How'd that turn out?

And yet Brady was drafted at 199!

I'm currently not liking this move because of all the other major needs the Broncos have. He pulled a Shanahan with feeding the offense needs before the defensive needs. We still need a DT, LB, TE and CB. We lost several picks in this deal to move up to get Tebow which I think we might have been able to get him in the second and still retained a portion of our later draft picks.

Now, if he can trade down on the 2.13 and added a lower second and another 3rd and fill those spot we need, I might be okay with this move.... Granted, that all depends if Tebow works out in the next 2 to 3 years.

Edited by BearBroncos

:wacko: So are you saying that drafting WRs is like picking from a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get?

I'm saying that scouting reports preclude accurate prediction of future performance - and it seems to be especially prevalent with WRs. I'd be shocked to see Thomas grow into anywhere near as good a WR as Bryant will be barring Bryant sabotaging his own career. Thomas has a long way to go to get to where Bryant is right now, and there will be additonal hurdles the whole way he spends catching up.

We'll see. I've been wrong before, just like everyone else.

Romo came from a small school and never had a high draft grade like Tebow. He was an undrafted free agent. My guess is that had more to do with the amount of time it took for him to become the team's QB than any perceived lack of leadership skills.

You're right he did come from a small school, Eastern Illinois University in Chalreston, IL. I live about 10 minutes from there in Mattoon, IL. I had a first hand look at his college career/life. Trust me when I say, his lack of leadership skills is not perceived, it is a reality.

He has all the skills but he needs to grow as a leader to be complete. He may grow into a better leader but that is up to him, not his coaches, you can not "coach" someone into being a leader. Romo spent 3-4 pre-seasons proving he was the best QB in the Cowboys roster but yet it took him 4 years to crack the starting lineup.

Tebow has excellent leadership skills but he needs work on his machanics and he is athletic enough to be able to learn those and he will have an excellent teacher.

Agreed. But Tebow over Clausen? Seriously now. I, among other people, believe Clausen to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft.

Minn should have the heir apparent to Favre tonight.

Nope. St. Louis gets all day long to entertain offers with teams like Buffalo and Cleveland for their pick. I'll be completely shocked if they don't trade it.

What a freakin' McDildo.

Willingly? You act as if everything was going just fine with Cutler and Marshall and they were traded for no good reason. Didn't it bother you that Marshall didn't man up and play with a playoff spot on the line in week 17 last season? Do you really miss the red zone INTs that are one pube away from actually being called "pulling a Cutler" (maybe they already are in Chicago)? I'm not trying to say that Cutler and Marshall aren't talented, but sometimes talent isn't the only thing that matters.

And for what it's worth, I also think that they overpaid for Tebow. It's funny how teams can hit the panic button at times in the draft. I think the Chargers probably hit the panic button a little by trading up to #12 to get Ryan Mathews. Maybe they thought Seattle had their eyes on him at #14?

I agree with your first paragraph, but the second... word was that BUF wanted Tebow and was making effort to move up. IF McD believes that Tebow is his franchise QB, then frankly, the price was really cheap. The only time you over-pay is when no one else wants a player before your next pick.

And didn't BUF coach Chan Gailey make something good of Tyler Thigpen? I think Tebow is a better version of Thigpen, so if Gailey wanted Tebow, then that says something about him.

I'm a fan of Tebow, if not for his abality, for at least his personality. And I don't have the knowledge of a professional football team so they may have the skinny on Tebow, but, IMHO, it was very expensive when you risk your other, very valuable needs. The defense needed allot of love with some new, fresh talent and I think we might have blew chances there.

Now granted, as I stated above, this could work out. If he trades down and gets a lower 2nd and another 3rd, get Gerhart and some decent talent at the OL, DT and CB, this might all work out. Again, that all depends on if McDaddy can make Tebow a star.

I'm saying that scouting reports preclude accurate prediction of future performance - and it seems to be especially prevalent with WRs. I'd be shocked to see Thomas grow into anywhere near as good a WR as Bryant will be barring Bryant sabotaging his own career. Thomas has a long way to go to get to where Bryant is right now, and there will be additonal hurdles the whole way he spends catching up.

We'll see. I've been wrong before, just like everyone else.

But why? Isn't most of what people think about Bryant just fodder from scouting reports?

Charles Rogers was supposed to be better than Andre Johnson.

Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes were neck and neck for top receiver in the class.

Troy Williamson and Mike Williams went ahead of Roddy White.

I am not trying to evaluate Bryant versus Thomas. I am just not sure how picking one guy versus the other when both graded out as mid to late first rounders could be considered such a huge blunder. The only thing Bryant has going for him right now is more hype. In a few years we will know which was the better pick, but probably not until then.

For Thomas:

A three-year starter for the Yellow Jackets

For Bryant:

Started 19 games in three seasons with the Cowboys

Roughly the same starting experience in college. Time will have to tell.

Dolly Madison chocolate donuts!! I loves those things!

Yeah those are good but the Powder Sugar Donuts have them beat hands down.

The scouting reports show the two types of donuts to be very similar, but anyone with any kind of experience puts the chocolate donuts way ahead of the powdered donuts right now.

The scouting reports show the two types of donuts to be very similar, but anyone with any kind of experience puts the chocolate donuts way ahead of the powdered donuts right now.

Yeah but we all know the Powdered Sugar Donuts have a much stronger character and have exhibited way more leadership skills than the Chocalte Donuts.