[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK Bronco Billy I agree w/you now

BeeR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I have a Chocolate Donut from time to time. I am not against them. But I can't ignore the talents of the powdered Sugar donuts just because some people might be intimidated by the court of public opinion.

I agree with the Rooney rule, it's just that after looking at all of my options the Powdered Sugar Donut better suits my tastes and the overall needs of my organization than the chocolate donut.

I have put my support behind what I find to be the most qualifed candidate.

If that makes me a racist then, so be it!

Edited by Jrick35

Yeah but we all know the Powdered Sugar Donuts have a much stronger character and have exhibited way more leadership skills than the Chocalte Donuts.

Well, those are nice characteristics for a donut, but in order for them to matter the donut has to be able to get out of the box and onto the plate. You can't be a leader from the back of the pantry...

Well, those are nice characteristics for a donut, but in order for them to matter the donut has to be able to get out of the box and onto the plate. You can't be a leader from the back of the pantry...

True, you make a good point, but regardless of the donuts athletic abitlity, their team has to be able to trust that the donut will not get mixed up with the wrong tart and end up with a long suspension or worse, in jail.

The scouting reports show the two types of donuts to be very similar, but anyone with any kind of experience puts the chocolate donuts way ahead of the powdered donuts right now.

Well duh.

Hey! Did you hear?? The choc ones fell in the draft but McD traded down for a late pick next year and instead drafted a stale coconut muffin.

You're right he did come from a small school, Eastern Illinois University in Chalreston, IL. I live about 10 minutes from there in Mattoon, IL. I had a first hand look at his college career/life. Trust me when I say, his lack of leadership skills is not perceived, it is a reality.

He has all the skills but he needs to grow as a leader to be complete. He may grow into a better leader but that is up to him, not his coaches, you can not "coach" someone into being a leader. Romo spent 3-4 pre-seasons proving he was the best QB in the Cowboys roster but yet it took him 4 years to crack the starting lineup.

Tebow has excellent leadership skills but he needs work on his machanics and he is athletic enough to be able to learn those and he will have an excellent teacher.

I'm pretty sure that NFL scouts didn't say that Tony Romo had all the tools to be the next Dan Marino but with his lack of leadership, he was undraftable. Coming out of school, he wasn't even a blip on the radar of most NFL teams. The only reason he was signed by the Cowboys was because of Sean Peyton knowing a bit about him. Coming out of training camp his first year, he was so good, he almost didn't make the roster. Like any small school kid, he rode the pine and learned the NFL game. Leadership skills or not, he panned out. Does he need to develop them in order to become a champion. Sure. Can he? The jury is still out. But your statement that his leadership skills were a dertriment to him becoming the starting QB in the first place isn't accurate.

Oh, and French twist is where it's at.

PS if you really want to talk doughnuts, the apple cinnamon and the crushed peanut covered ones are like getting Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson 1-2 in an FF draft.

I'm starving for those doughnuts now. Damn you people.

Edited by BeeR

I'm pretty sure that NFL scouts didn't say that Tony Romo had all the tools to be the next Dan Marino but with his lack of leadership, he was undraftable. Coming out of school, he wasn't even a blip on the radar of most NFL teams. The only reason he was signed by the Cowboys was because of Sean Peyton knowing a bit about him. Coming out of training camp his first year, he was so good, he almost didn't make the roster. Like any small school kid, he rode the pine and learned the NFL game. Leadership skills or not, he panned out. Does he need to develop them in order to become a champion. Sure. Can he? The jury is still out. But your statement that his leadership skills were a dertriment to him becoming the starting QB in the first place isn't accurate.

Oh, and French twist is where it's at.

So you agree that he needs to devleop better leadership skills and you even admit that the jury is still out on whether he can or not but then you turn right around and say lacking in leadership skills did not lend to his having to put in 4 years as a backup before starting a season as the Starting QB. Interesting but I guess it's true because you said it was.

How can a lack of leadership skills not be factroed in when trying to decide whether or not to make someone your starting QB? Serioulsy?

I am not saying that he didn't need some time to learn the game at the NFL level but I stand by my assessment, had he exhibited better leadership skills he would have started sooner in his career. And btw, he better step up soon, he has been in the league for 7 years now.

He has the skills as a player but I want to see him take charge of the team.

And french twists are gay!

So you agree that he needs to devleop better leadership skills and you even admit that the jury is still out on whether he can or not but then you turn right around and say lacking in leadership skills did not lend to his having to put in 4 years as a backup before starting a season as the Starting QB. Interesting but I guess it's true because you said it was.

How can a lack of leadership skills not be factroed in when trying to decide whether or not to make someone your starting QB? Serioulsy?

I am not saying that he didn't need some time to learn the game at the NFL level but I stand by my assessment, had he exhibited better leadership skills he would have started sooner in his career. And btw, he better step up soon, he has been in the league for 7 years now.

He has the skills as a player but I want to see him take charge of the team.

And french twists are gay!

Hey, I'm not the one who made the Tim Tebow/Tony Romo coming out of college comparison. I merely pointed out that this was a ludicrous comparison because Romo was not a highly regarded physical prospect and that he played at a much lower level of competition coming out of college. To suggest that Romo's slow four year rise to the top was because of a lack of leadership skills was ludicrous. And as far as how those leadership skills are serving him in the Cowboys pursuit of a championship is an entirely different topic which has been discussed ad nasuem here.

You made a dumb argument. You got called on it. Admit it and move on. I have to do that all the time. :wacko:

Oh, and its ghey. Get it straight.

Hey, I'm not the one who made the Tim Tebow/Tony Romo coming out of college comparison. I merely pointed out that this was a ludicrous comparison because Romo was not a highly regarded physical prospect and that he played at a much lower level of competition coming out of college. To suggest that Romo's slow four year rise to the top was because of a lack of leadership skills was ludicrous. And as far as how those leadership skills are serving him in the Cowboys pursuit of a championship is an entirely different topic which has been discussed ad nasuem here.

You made a dumb argument. You got called on it. Admit it and move on. I have to do that all the time. :wacko:

Oh, and its ghey. Get it straight.

Ok I understand your confusion now. I did not compare Romo to Tebow. I was giving my opinion as to why Clausen has slipped so far, which I believe is due to his lack of leadership skills.

And I stated that having leadership skills is one reason that McDaniels took Tebow so high.

I used Romo as an example of a skilled player who lacks leadership skills.

If anything I was showing a difference between Tebow and Romo not a comparison. I said Tebow has leadsership skills and Romo does not and that Romo had good mechanics coming out of college and Tebow does not.

But as a lot of people on these boards tend to do, you read what you wanted to and then decided that since my opinion is different than yours that mine is wrong

I guess you can say that my statement was ludicrous or dumb or whatever you want to say about it, but I assume(probably incorrectly) you will fogive me if I don't change my stance based soley on you saying my stance is ludicrous.

And I never said that Romo's lack of leadership skills was the only reason he took a while to become a starter I simply stated that said lack of skills was a factor, hence my earlier question, how can a lack of leadership skills not factor into a coaches decision of starting qb?

As for the french twists I stand correctd they are ghey, not gay. I apologize fo rmy mis-use of the word.

Did anybody listen to Tebow's interview after he was selected? Wooooooooowwwww, I don't doubt the passion, and you can't help but like the kid, but not exactly the most intellectual fella on the planet.

Ok I understand your confusion now. I did not compare Romo to Tebow. I was giving my opinion as to why Clausen has slipped so far, which I believe is due to his lack of leadership skills.

And I stated that having leadership skills is one reason that McDaniels took Tebow so high.

I used Romo as an example of a skilled player who lacks leadership skills.

If anything I was showing a difference between Tebow and Romo not a comparison. I said Tebow has leadsership skills and Romo does not and that Romo had good mechanics coming out of college and Tebow does not.

But as a lot of people on these boards tend to do, you read what you wanted to and then decided that since my opinion is different than yours that mine is wrong

I guess you can say that my statement was ludicrous or dumb or whatever you want to say about it, but I assume(probably incorrectly) you will fogive me if I don't change my stance based soley on you saying my stance is ludicrous.

And I never said that Romo's lack of leadership skills was the only reason he took a while to become a starter I simply stated that said lack of skills was a factor, hence my earlier question, how can a lack of leadership skills not factor into a coaches decision of starting qb?

As for the french twists I stand correctd they are ghey, not gay. I apologize fo rmy mis-use of the word.

I see where you were coming from now. I still disagree with your perspective on Romo for the most part. I hightly doubt you require my forgiveness. As a fantasy football community, we are entitled to our opinion without apology. Just know that I never meant anything I said to be a personal attack.

However, in the end, it would seem that our Romo argument is about as tangential as talking about Tebow in this thread. Let's get back to arguing about donuts. You just cant beat a yellow cake donut that's been twisted and has had icing drizzled all over it.

Even if that does sound kind ghey. :wacko: