[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steal of the 1st round.... Dez Bryant to the Boyz

ThatDude

Seriously reminds one of the Moss/Vikings situation. Top 5 talent dropping like a stone because of head issues, finding a solid team to hook up with where they have immense physical gifts but don't have to be the star because of a very good vet at the other end of the line, and taking off like a rocket at a position where it is traditionally difficult to break in for at least 2/3 years.

Have to agree with you. Jones is going to surround this guy with support as he already has with Deion. Romo will get a hold of this kid and work out the route tree till his legs bleed. I love the pick and even if he rounds out the three wide look and proves to be a threat in his first year it will open up this offense even more.

Now I just can't see how you cover a formation like

Austin Roy or Crayton Ogletree Bryant

Romo

Felix

Or better yet,

Austin Roy or Crayton or Olgetree Witten Bryant

Romo

Felix

If the line can hold for 3 to 5 seconds it's over. The Boys should average 30+ points this year. And there are still 5 more picks to go. I am liken this season......................... :wacko:

Have to agree with you. Jones is going to surround this guy with support as he already has with Deion. Romo will get a hold of this kid and work out the route tree till his legs bleed. I love the pick and even if he rounds out the three wide look and proves to be a threat in his first year it will open up this offense even more.
You act like the Cowboys have a proven track record of getting head-case WRs to get in line. Did Romo manage to get TO to run routes 'til his legs bled? I'm not saying it's going to blow up, but you've got a HC who is not exactly known for getting in guys faces and bringing them in line and Romo who's also not exactly a Field General in the huddle.

Honestly, the only thing I see working in Dallas' favor right now is that they don't suck. Because if the kid has an attitude, it would only get worse if he had to go play for a crappy team. However, among those teams that at least have winning on their side, I would place Dallas about last in terms of their chances for getting this kid in line.

Someone like the Hoodie would just say, "Hey kid, I own you for 4 years, and if after 4 years, you haven't amounted to crap, I'll move on and you'll be stuck playing in Canada." Doughboy's going to try to kill him with kindness and hope for the best.

Edited by detlef

You act like the Cowboys have a proven track record of getting head-case WRs to get in line. Did Romo manage to get TO to run routes 'til his legs bled? I'm not saying it's going to blow up, but you've got a HC who is not exactly known for getting in guys faces and bringing them in line and Romo who's also not exactly a Field General in the huddle.

Honestly, the only thing I see working in Dallas' favor right now is that they don't suck. Because if the kid has an attitude, it would only get worse if he had to go play for a crappy team. However, among those teams that at least have winning on their side, I would place Dallas about last in terms of their chances for getting this kid in line.

Someone like the Hoodie would just say, "Hey kid, I own you for 4 years, and if after 4 years, you haven't amounted to crap, I'll move on and you'll be stuck playing in Canada." Doughboy's going to try to kill him with kindness and hope for the best.

First of all Dez is a KID and that is about it. He is confident but there has been no really eyebrow raising off the field issues with this guy. So he talked to Deion and lied about it. So what? I think the head case stamp is bogus. I think he is an KID with a lot of talent and knows it. Typical. That can be managed expecially if you put him in a position to be successfull with solid guys around him which the Cowboys have. T.O. worked out fine in Dallas. I really didn't see much of a problem with him in fact he was one of the best teachers on the team, who helped Hurd, Austin and Crayton be better pros.

That said, Wade has done a solid job in Dallas and Dough boy or not, he can coach and make solid personell decisions. He is one of the best Defensive coaches in the league. For the first time in years we had zero problems in the media. In fact, the media had to find stories elsewhere because the only story in Dallas was December and Playoff wins.

This kid may turn out to be a Vernon Davis or could be a Randy Moss. Either way we got a baller now or later. That's how I see it.

Lastly for the record I predicted 12-4 this season. :wacko:

This could end up being the steal of the 1st round. Let's go BOYZ. Bye Bye Roy uno uno

Damn I meant steal, not still... Jack Daniels sheesh

For sure, we might as well crown the Cowboys. They will go 19-0 this year with this kid.

21-0 surely they will beat someone so bad that they will be awarded extra wins.

Yep.....cancel the season. It's over.

Bestest draft picks in the history of draft picks.

:wacko: Look everyone, the haters bloomed early this year . Jeez , a Cowboys fan cant get excited about anything around here

edit to add: Kegs post was pretty friggin funny though

Edited by whomper

Bryant being a head case is being WAY, WAY, WAY overblown!! He's didn't beat up children, rape any women, sell drugs to anyone, take drugs from anyone or rob anybody's house. He worked out with and/or ate a couple meals with Deion Sanders, then got scared and lied about it. Not sure that really qualifies the guy as a head case or "wild child". On top of that, Okla St. has said that Deion registered with them as a mentor and THEY failed to submit the paperwork to the NCAA. The Cowboys got the steal of the draft and the haters are coming out in force screaming.

It doesn't matter, anything a Cowboys fan say will be blown out of proportion, mocked, thrown to the lions, etc... Some of it will be funny, most of it will be dull and a lame attempt at humor. Carry on.

:wacko:

. Jeez , a Cowboys fan cant get excited about anything around here

Yea, it has nothing to do with the fact no other fans of other teams felt the need to start a separate thread stating how their teams first round pick was the most awesomest. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked