[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Prediction on Friday

Footballjoe

Redskins trade Haynesworth to the Vikings for the Lions pick (#34) which the Viking's got yesterday. With that pick the Redskins select Clausen or Colt McCoy.

ETA: Not saying I would agree with the move but I think thats what will happen. I would like the trade but see another OL selected.

Edited by Footballjoe

Vikings trade down again and accumulate more picks. Then draft a QB in the bottom of the 2nd round that most teams have rated as a 4-5 round prospect.

ya know, they reached for Tarvaris several years ago.....other then that, what other moves in the draft have Chili and Spielman made that have disappointed you so badly?

ya know, they reached for Tarvaris several years ago.....other then that, what other moves in the draft have Chili and Spielman made that have disappointed you so badly?

There was also the Cook pick a while back...BUT they have improved greatly since and I give them alot of credit for some strong drafts.

I'm just saying I bet they go for a mid-level QB and pick him a little early to ensure they get the one they want. I'd rather they trade down and do that than trade up. :wacko:

There was also the Cook pick a while back...BUT they have improved greatly since and I give them alot of credit for some strong drafts.

I'm just saying I bet they go for a mid-level QB and pick him a little early to ensure they get the one they want. I'd rather they trade down and do that than trade up. :tup:

Every thread i go in this morning, there you are again with the same comments. Get over it! :tup:

I can't remember, was Spielman part of the team when we made those moves? Seems to me he has made a big difference in our draft decisions the last few years.

My prediction, If Clev or Buffalo can't manage a trade with the Rams, one of them makes a deal with us instead. They move up a few spots and take Clausen, then we take McCoy a few picks later :wacko:

Redskins trade Haynesworth to the Vikings for the Lions pick (#34) which the Viking's got yesterday. With that pick the Redskins select Clausen or Colt McCoy.

ETA: Not saying I would agree with the move but I think thats what will happen. I would like the trade but see another OL selected.

I think the Vikes keep the pick (unless they get blown away with an offer) and take the remaining QB that Buffalo or Cleveland does not take at pick 33 (see post 10).

Every thread i go in this morning, there you are again with the same comments. Get over it! :tup:

I can't remember, was Spielman part of the team when we made those moves? Seems to me he has made a big difference in our draft decisions the last few years.

My prediction, If Clev or Buffalo can't manage a trade with the Rams, one of them makes a deal with us instead. They move up a few spots and take Clausen, then we take McCoy a few picks later :wacko:

I honestly have no idea if Clausen or McCoy will be any good as I don't follow college ball. The little i've read/seen doesn't make me that excited about them.

Can we talk Brett into playing until he's 50?

Jackson will be fresh enough he can back up for the next 20 years too. :wacko:

Vikings think Favre could play two more years

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2010 12:45 PM ET As we work through the well-guarded "list of crap to write about," here's a topics that came up during a very enjoyable visit with our good friend Boomer Esiason of WFAN on Friday morning. (Or other good friend Craig Carton was under the weather. On one hand, we wish him a quick recovery from an apparent case of laryngitis. On the other hand, Craig Carton with laryngitis actually may not be a bad thing.)

The Vikings hold the second pick in the second round. According to Steve Mariucci of NFL Network, Brett Favre remains undecided about returning for 2010. Mariucci also reports that the ankle Favre injured during the NFC title game is still bothering him. The uncertainty regarding Favre's status -- and the assumption that he'll play only one more year at most -- is causing many to assume that the Vikings will pick Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy with the 34th overall pick.

But here's something to keep in mind. We're told that, despite Favre's silence, the Vikings think he'll play two more years. If that's the case, there's no reason to begin grooming his replacement now.

The Vikings reportedly had hoped to land cornerback Patrick Robinson after sliding back four spots, a maneuver that the Saints disrupted by, you know, picking him. And in the paper version of the New York Times that was hanging on the door of the hotel room across the hall from mine (Mrs. PFT told me to take it, since I'm already going to hell anyway), Greg Bishop writes that the Vikings had called cornerback Kyle Wilson, whom the Jets picked one spot ahead of Minnesota's slot.

So don't assume that the Vikings are looking for a quarterback. Also, don't be surprised if they deflect any further opportunities to trade down, if it's true that they already have been burned once by gambling that they guy they wanted would still be on the board.

:wacko: Could it be that Haynesworth goes to the Rams instead of the Vikings? Part 2 of their recent trade that sent Carriker to the Redskins.

:wacko: Could it be that Haynesworth goes to the Rams instead of the Vikings? Part 2 of their recent trade that sent Carriker to the Redskins.

Could it be that nobody else is dumb enough to pay him that kind of $$$

Could it be that nobody else is dumb enough to pay him that kind of $$$

The worst part of haynesworth's expense has already been picked up by Washington. They could trade Haynesworth + whatever to the Rams for the 33rd pick and then take McCoy. With McNabb there that would give shanahan a little time to develop McCoy.