[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

teams that did well on thursday

Azazello1313

seahawks - russel okung and earl thomas. they didn't really do much, things just fell into place very nicely for them. two great pieces for their team going forward.

49ers - anthony davis and mike iupati. two o-line that should come in and start from day one and excel. takes some balls to spend two first rounders on grunts, but it seems like a great idea for what they're trying to build in SF.

lions - suh and jahvid best. nice work getting back into the first round to get an impact skill guy. and of course, they got the best player in the draft, the most dominant college d-lineman I've ever seen.

cowboys - dez bryant. they played this perfectly. they didn't overpay by jumping up into the teens....they sat back and waited until the value was too good to pass up, then pulled the trigger and moved up.

packers - bulaga. they just got pretty lucky this guy fell to them. everybody keeps saying how much he "looks like a packer". yeah. he also looks like a guy who has relations with farm animals. coincidence? :wacko:

cardinals and jets - dan williams and kyle wilson, respectively. like the packers, had nice players fall into their laps in the 20s. interesting to see what the jets do with their DBs, and how that shapes up in training camp. somebody moving to safety perhaps?

eagles - brandon graham. the eagles always seem to know what they're doing on draft day. even if their picks don't work out perfectly, they always seem to have a plan and always seem to execute it. did they need to move up quite that high to get graham? I don't know, but I think he's going to be a heckuva player.

edit to add the titans: another team that had the right piece fall into their laps, in derrick morgan.

Edited by Azazello1313

reports have circulated that Okung would have slipped well out of the top 10 if Seattle didn't take him...

Seattle could have done extremely well yesterday had they drafted Tyson Alualu or Anthony Davis...

regardless...Okung is still 1st round talent and they drafted who was imo the best secondary player in the draft....you can't go wrong with two strong additions like that on day one...

and I hope you're right about the Eagles pick...I am starting to wonder if there was scuttlebutt flying around that Brandon Graham was high on a few teams boards (like the Giants) and the Eagles jumped up too high to take him..

much like what I thought they did with Bunkley/Ngata when the Ravens got their guy a pick later....

packers - bulaga. they just got pretty lucky this guy fell to them. everybody keeps saying how much he "looks like a packer". yeah. he also looks like a guy who has relations with farm animals. coincidence? :wacko:

Wow, so you graduate 6th grade this May?

Edited by peteteacher2001

I don't really think the 9ers needed two OL so early. Coulda used #2 pick elsewhere

I actually disagree....their offense needs to protect the QB so they can really see what they have with Alex Smith...

the defense is strong enough now and with the new additions to the OL - at least one of these guys will pan out and be a pro-bowler - if not strongly nominated for a pro-bowl spot...

with Crabtree, VD, Gore, Coffee and whoever else they get this offseason, all they need is better protection and they could very well win the division...

[spain] I knew he was the perfect guy for the Pack! [/spain]

That's my Daaa-aaa-aaa-aaddy.

As a Seahawks fan, I couldn't be more excited about the picks we made. IMO Okung is the best Left Tackle in the draft, and Thomas is the best secondary player in the draft (even better than Berry). These are two guys who will start day 1 and will have an immediate impact on this team. Reminds me a bit of the Springs/Jones 1997 draft. Let's hope I continue to feel that way after the 2010 season.

No racism there. :tup:

I have to wonder why he fell that far. Most places I saw he was rated no worse than 3d best OL in the draft and going as high as KC.

Titans did very well. Not so sure about AZ and NYJ. Yeah got good players and all but had other needs which might have been better served. eg Best for the Jets would have given them a killer explosiveness out of the backfield to complement Greene nicely.

Cincy probably got a great TE for years to come but don't they need OL a lot more?

Edited by BeeR

Didn't they just draft a TE last year? Is he that messed up from his injury they don't feel he'll be back or what?

His foot injury never really healed right, and who knows if his dynasty value is shot or not. Gresham is a hugh red-zone target while Coffman is more of the Dallas Clark type of mold and could still have some value if the foot heals correctly.

Notes from RotoWorld

As an owner of Crabtree & Jennings in both of my dynasty leagues, I will say that last year was frustrating to watch those players on TV. Smith & Rodgers always seemed to be dodging defensive bullets, limiting their ability to get the ball to my WRs. Especially Jennings! Nice to see both of those teams address the OL position.

Cincy probably got a great TE for years to come but don't they need OL a lot more?

No.TE was an incredible black hole for us last year.This is (on paper) a HUGH upgrade for us.The OL on the other hand did pretty good,and is mostly young.With a full training camp,Andre Smith will now start at RT.We could use an upgrade at G,and I wouldn't be surprised if one was selected tonight on day two.

He looks like a lot of local Green Bay dairy farmers...or maybe even the cows :tup:

He's thrilled to stay in the midwest. He's from crystal Lake, Ill just west of Chicago.

No racism there. :tup:

I have to wonder why he fell that far. Most places I saw he was rated no worse than 3d best OL in the draft and going as high as KC.

Titans did very well. Not so sure about AZ and NYJ. Yeah got good players and all but had other needs which might have been better served. eg Best for the Jets would have given them a killer explosiveness out of the backfield to complement Greene nicely.

We thank Robert Gallery and the Raiders for casting doubt on Iowa linemen.

Edited by Randall

As an owner of Crabtree & Jennings in both of my dynasty leagues, I will say that last year was frustrating to watch those players on TV. Smith & Rodgers always seemed to be dodging defensive bullets, limiting their ability to get the ball to my WRs. Especially Jennings! Nice to see both of those teams address the OL position.

Don't expect Jennings to be a WR1. He's not the go to guy in that offense any more. When Rodgers needs completetion, he's going to Finley.