[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Run Ricky, Run!

kpholmes

yeah but he has recovered and proved he's a solid player. The guy was great last year (especially in fantasy). He's a complex character but I feel he's truthful at least, which is hard to say for all these celebrities getting exposed lately *cough* ben *cough*

I had part of it on while I was doing some chores.

The dude has three kids by three different women and isn't with any of them? Or spends time with any of the children? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's grade A jackass in my book. Hippy-doctorism or not, personally that's pretty terrible considering all the BS he spews about wanting to "heal" people. Here's an idea, don't leave a wake of un-fathered children across the globe and you'll do more good than all the berries, twigs, and sprout mixes you can pound together with your mortar and pestle. I really don't look to NFL players for morals but pompous turds annoy me.

you could have picked a manlier picture

like this...

or this

That's the poster I have. :wacko:

The dude has three kids by three different women and isn't with any of them? Or spends time with any of the children? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's grade A jackass in my book. Hippy-doctorism or not, personally that's pretty terrible considering all the BS he spews about wanting to "heal" people. Here's an idea, don't leave a wake of un-fathered children across the globe and you'll do more good than all the berries, twigs, and sprout mixes you can pound together with your mortar and pestle. I really don't look to NFL players for morals but pompous turds annoy me.

I don't think it's as black and white.

While I'm not defending his lack of parenting, the guy has/had something seriously wrong in the head. His dad touched his pee-pee, became a registered child molester and walked out on him, they hinted at his mom being physically abusive, he obviously suffers from some kind of depression or even bipolar disorder, and definitely needed some serious help.

If you watched the whole thing - they talked about how he is in a better place now mentally, as well as socially and is working hard to be a large part of all of his kid's lives.

That's the poster I have. :wacko:

I don't think it's as black and white.

While I'm not defending his lack of parenting, the guy has/had something seriously wrong in the head. His dad touched his pee-pee, became a registered child molester and walked out on him, they hinted at his mom being physically abusive, he obviously suffers from some kind of depression or even bipolar disorder, and definitely needed some serious help.

If you watched the whole thing - they talked about how he is in a better place now mentally, as well as socially and is working hard to be a large part of all of his kid's lives.

agree it isn't black and white and fwiw, in the radio segment I heard Ricky said he has 5 kids (i believe 3 are with his current wife and the other 2 are from 2 other women)....also can be said that someone could be F'd up and then finally get it and start to do the right thing....it looks like ricky righted his ship...so good for him and his family

That was the middle part of the film. He's since married to one of the women, and now has a relationship with all of his children. He's batdiaper dirt crazy for sure, but he's starting to do the right thing.

Just watched it. Incredibly interesting. Pretty inspiring really that he's been able to turn his life around. yeah, he's effed some things up, but many people in that situation aren't able to right the ship - which he seems to have done.

Loved it :wacko: Been a huge Ricky fan since his college days! Very glad to see he has figured some life things out and is on his way to becoming a better person away from football. Oh yeah and still a beast on the field rode him to some money last year so keep on runnin ricky runnin! :tup: Hopefully he decides to give it a go for a few more years cause the old man still has some gas in the tank!

I liked it, too, and I now like Ricky himself. As kp mentioned, it's easy to hate on him for being a shi++y dad (especially for those of us who take pride in fatherhood), but I also have seen how difficult it is for people to escape from depression. He seems like he's managing to do that, and one of his first priorities seems to be reconnecting with his kids.

Plus, in some cases (probably like Ricky's own case), it's better for a dad to be absent than to be an effed-up d-bag in the house every day.