[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'Is your momma a whore?'

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL never ceases to amaze me, I guess that's why we like it so much...this is just an absolutely insane question to ask anyone...even if his mother was a prostitute they could have simply hired a private detective to discover all that. And anybody even reasoning that they did it to see how he would react is as ignorant and pathetic as they come...what f'n BS. The Dolphins org should be fined at least a quarter mill easy...

The NFL never ceases to amaze me, I guess that's why we like it so much...this is just an absolutely insane question to ask anyone...even if his mother was a prostitute they could have simply hired a private detective to discover all that. And anybody even reasoning that they did it to see how he would react is as ignorant and pathetic as they come...what f'n BS. The Dolphins org should be fined at least a quarter mill easy...

I said I thought that could probably be why they asked it...but i also said I thought it crossed the line...can't one analyze something and come up with an opinion on it even if they dont agree with it :wacko:

I said I thought that could probably be why they asked it...but i also said I thought it crossed the line...can't one analyze something and come up with an opinion on it even if they dont agree with it :wacko:

That wasn't aimed at you...that was aimed at Ireland for having the gall to ask such an asinine question in the first place.

OK, cause you kinda hurt my feelings :wacko:

lol...I'm sorry

Actually, I was just reading all those bloggers over on ESPN about this and some of the replies saying they thought it was okay to do that were pretty pathetic. Guess I should have said I don't see how anyone could reasonably ask another person that question, especially in what basically amounts to a job interview.

lol...I'm sorry

Actually, I was just reading all those bloggers over on ESPN about this and some of the replies saying they thought it was okay to do that were pretty pathetic. Guess I should have said I don't see how anyone could reasonably ask another person that question, especially in what basically amounts to a job interview.

now I feel bad, you didn't really hurt my feelings :wacko:

That wasn't aimed at you...that was aimed at Ireland for having the gall to ask such an asinine question in the first place.

OK, cause you kinda hurt my feelings :wacko:

lol...I'm sorry

now I feel bad, you didn't really hurt my feelings :tup:

What's with the overwhelming stench of estrogen in here...? :tup:

Edited by cre8tiff

Two sources familiar with the situation contend that Ireland's question was nothing more than the logical follow-up to comments Bryant had made about his family. According to the sources, Ireland began the meeting by asking Bryant, 21, about his upbringing and his relationship with his siblings. Then he asked what Bryant's father did for a living when Bryant was growing up. The following exchange allegedly ensued:

"My dad was a pimp."

"What did your mom do [for a living]?"

"She worked for my dad."

"Your mom was a prostitute?"

"No, she wasn't a prostitute."

link

Oh the outrage of it all.

Time and place.

Further, I don't think this justifies it one bit at all. "I only fondled one of my waitresses because I wanted to see how she would respond if a customer did the same."

only problem is one is a question and the other is sexual assault , not exactly the same. :wacko:

only problem is one is a question and the other is sexual assault , not exactly the same. :wacko:

Whatever, so I change it to "I only said inappropriate things to a waitress to see how she'd handle it if a customer did the same." The point is, doing something wrong because you're allegedly testing how someone would react seems like a lame excuse.

Of course, assuming what the "sources close to the situation" said is true, this changes things a lot. However, if the only two guys in the room were Ireland and Bryant, one would have to assume that those sources were told this by Ireland because Bryant says that's not how it went down. And if, in fact, that is how the line of questioning went, wouldn't you think Ireland would have said that right away. I mean, this does go a long way to getting him off the hook.

More importantly, what I'm getting more and more irritated by is the fact that so many on the radio keeps saying, "People need to understand, this is the NFL and they have their own set of rules. This isn't IBM."

Really? Says who? The NFL? Because I bet there's a lot of other industries who'd like to declare that they get to follow their own set of rules.

Is there some provision that says if you're about to pay a kid a ton of money, then you don't have to follow the same HR rules that everyone else does? Because the way these guys say it, it's pretty much a given.

The irony is that, if anyone should have their own set of rules, you'd think it would be somebody who does something important. This is the freaking entertainment industry! This isn't the CIA. This isn't freaking Gitmo. Some act like whether or not Bryant is a good kid is so monumentally important in the big picture that we kind of need to look the other way in terms of how people go about getting the truth.

Whatever, so I change it to "I only said inappropriate things to a waitress to see how she'd handle it if a customer did the same." The point is, doing something wrong because you're allegedly testing how someone would react seems like a lame excuse.

Of course, assuming what the "sources close to the situation" said is true, this changes things a lot. However, if the only two guys in the room were Ireland and Bryant, one would have to assume that those sources were told this by Ireland because Bryant says that's not how it went down. And if, in fact, that is how the line of questioning went, wouldn't you think Ireland would have said that right away. I mean, this does go a long way to getting him off the hook.

More importantly, what I'm getting more and more irritated by is the fact that so many on the radio keeps saying, "People need to understand, this is the NFL and they have their own set of rules. This isn't IBM."

Really? Says who? The NFL? Because I bet there's a lot of other industries who'd like to declare that they get to follow their own set of rules.

Is there some provision that says if you're about to pay a kid a ton of money, then you don't have to follow the same HR rules that everyone else does? Because the way these guys say it, it's pretty much a given.

The irony is that, if anyone should have their own set of rules, you'd think it would be somebody who does something important. This is the freaking entertainment industry! This isn't the CIA. This isn't freaking Gitmo. Some act like whether or not Bryant is a good kid is so monumentally important in the big picture that we kind of need to look the other way in terms of how people go about getting the truth.

but when did asking a question become doing something wrong?

but when did asking a question become doing something wrong?

You're joking, right?

So it's cool for me to ask one of my employees if she likes to suck d!ck? Just asking a question. Nothing wrong with that.

This whole mess is about someone asking a question. Even the vast majority of those defending Ireland are saying that 1) The NFL is different so anything goes 2) he was just seeing how the kid would react to a derogatory comment, or 3) That we don't know the context of how the question was asked. Everyone, however, understands that there are guidelines put in place that govern what you can and can't ask someone during an interview.

If we have to reestablish that, then there's not really much point in continuing the discussion.

I am just trying to envision the actual interview.....

So, Dez, where do you see yourself in 5 years...... Oh by the way.... was your momma a whore?

he said it like this: Wuz yo momma a ho?

Ireland was just trying to find out if Dez would feel at home in South Florida, where most people's mommas are ho's. :wacko:

my point is , he didnt make a sexual reference , nor was he making a racial comment. he only asked a question . I don't think I would ask one of my employess this either, but when did asking a non-threatening or non-sexualy explicit question become so bad. I just see this as a non-story.

my point is , he didnt make a sexual reference , nor was he making a racial comment. he only asked a question . I don't think I would ask one of my employess this either, but when did asking a non-threatening or non-sexualy explicit question become so bad. I just see this as a non-story.

Apparently so, but few others do. In short, basically HR person who been asked about this thinks that asking a job applicant if their mom is a prostitute is something you can't do. There's actually a pretty long list of non-sexual, non-threatening questions you're not allowed to ask. You can't ask someone's religion, marital status, age, and plenty of others. And just because you can't understand why you can't, doesn't mean you can't.