[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worlds 50 best restaurants

driveby

Surprised there was no mention of El Bulli closing it's doors. Maybe that's why it was #2???

it was in the article..something about closing for 2yrs and reopening as some sort of chef think tank for like 20-25 chefs

daniel

per se

prices are not insane. wine can easily double your check though.

Two of the four on the list I've been to. Both were on expense accounts! I only paid the bill at Per Se and didn't see the total at Daniel. Per Se (with wine) ran about $400/person. I liked Daniel, but IMO, it wasn't even close to Per Se.

The French Laundry has dropped 28 spots in 4 years.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Two of the four on the list I've been to. Both were on expense accounts! I only paid the bill at Per Se and didn't see the total at Daniel. Per Se (with wine) ran about $400/person. I liked Daniel, but IMO, it wasn't even close to Per Se.

That's alot of McDonald's drive thru.

Did your poop smell any better in the morning?

They called me and promised that I was #51. :tup:

I've only been to one of those listed, Arzak in San Sebastien. I've eaten at Manresa in Los Gatos, CA which was on the list a few years ago though.

My wife actually opted not to go to lunch with me at Arzak and actually bought a pair of handmade boots for about what I spent on my lunch (~$175 after the exchange rate). The thing that astounded me about the place was that the dining room only sat about 30 people and that's how many cooks they had in the kitchen. The meal was quite memorable but, honestly, I enjoyed the tapas we had at La Cuchara de San Telmo that night every bit as much and for, obviously, a hell of a lot less $$.

So, which ones serve BBQ?

not sure, but i hear they give a discount if you wear a big belt buckle and have a riffle rack in your cab. and......... bring your own knofe.

Edited by Bier Meister

not sure, but i hear they give a discount if you wear a big belt buckle and have a riffle rack in your cab. and......... bring your own knofe.

Sweet I always carry my knofe. I do have one big belt buckle back, but the damned thing is so uncomfortable I won't wear it.