[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre need surgery?

G.K.Trey

But explain to me what position exactly, is he trying to manipulate?

If that is the Vikes' position - and I'll take your word for it, since you are much more in tune with them than I am - then I would say that Brett's offseason drama-queen antics have become such a ritual in attention whoring for him that he simply can't go without stirring the pot yet again and then standing back and watching all the sports media drool over the speculation.

Edited by Bronco Billy

- then I would say that Brett's offseason drama-queen antics have become such a ritual in attention whoring for him that he simply can't go without stirring the pot yet again and then standing back and watching all the sports media drool over the speculation.

I can't disagree with that.

However at this point if Brett were to fart....the sports media would all run behind him to be the first to report what it smells like....

I can't disagree with that.

However at this point if Brett were to fart....the sports media would all run behind him to be the first to report what it smells like....

We seem to be in agreement.

I think that disturbs me somewhat... :wacko:

Ugh...tell me the Vikes wouldn't like that 2nd round pick back now...

OK...who replaces him if he does not go? It won't be the guys on the roster. Has to be a trade. Vick? Orton?

If he retires the Vikes miss out on trading for McNabb and drafting someone. That puts a lot of pressure on him.

• 3 weeks later...

By Tim Yotter

VikingUpdate.com

Posted May 21, 2010

Vikings QB Brett Favre had surgery to repair his injured ankle, ESPN confirmed Friday.

ESPN confirmed that Vikings QB Brett Favre had ankle surgery this Friday morning, putting him on track to report to the Vikings sometime during the preseason.

Viking Update reported Thursday that a fellow professional athlete who has used Dr. James Andrews in the past was told that Andrews was in Mississippi to perform surgery on “an old quarterback.” ESPN said the surgery took place in Gulf Breeze, Fla. at the Andrews Institute there. As we reported Thursday night, Andrews was scheduled for a speaking engagement in Florida on Friday.

According to ESPN, Andrews “cleaned up scar tissue and other elements of the joint to allow Favre a better range of motion,” according to their sources.

The report also laid out the four- to six-week recovery time mentioned earlier.

“A source close to Favre said the 40-year-old signal-caller would likely need four-to-six weeks of rehabilitation before beginning a running program that would put him on schedule to report to training camp ‘either at the beginning of camp or shortly thereafter,’" the ESPN report said.

Saints keep up their cheap shot image...

Darren Sharper on Brett Favre surgery: "X marks the spot"

Posted by Mike Florio on May 22, 2010 10:22 AM ET

Now that Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has undergone ankle surgery, apparently in the hopes of playing in 2010, a former teammate and current nemesis has sounded off.

"Well, y'all seen Brett had surgery on that ankle we got after in the championship game," Saints safety Darren Sharper said. "Come Thursday night 1st game. X marks the spot."

Sharper's message contains a healthy dose of irony, given that he was hobbling on a bad knee for much of the offseason, and that even after surgery in early March he won't be ready to be on the field until training camp.

So, basically, the men charged with blocking for Favre easily can respond by looking at Sharper's knee and saying, "X marks the spot."

If he retires the Vikes miss out on trading for McNabb and drafting someone. That puts a lot of pressure on him.

The pressure for missing out on the right trade or draft pick falls squarely on the shoulders of each individual Organization, not Favre. A team can only be manipulated by a player if they allow themselves to be manipulated.

Wasn't it a committment to start Rodgers that led to Favre leaving Green Bay? The Pack decided not to be manipulated, so too could the Vikes.

I have always liked Favre, he is fun to watch play and he has been a Warrior for 2 Decades now but as great as he was and is, other QB's have won a lot of Super Bowls since he last won one so if other teams can win them without Favre, so too could the Vikings.

So if Favre decided to retire today and that left the Vikings in a lurch that would be on the Vikings, not Favre. IMHO.

Edited by Jrick35

Saints keep up their cheap shot image...

Darren Sharper on Brett Favre surgery: "X marks the spot"

Posted by Mike Florio on May 22, 2010 10:22 AM ET

Now that Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has undergone ankle surgery, apparently in the hopes of playing in 2010, a former teammate and current nemesis has sounded off.

"Well, y'all seen Brett had surgery on that ankle we got after in the championship game," Saints safety Darren Sharper said. "Come Thursday night 1st game. X marks the spot."

Sharper's message contains a healthy dose of irony, given that he was hobbling on a bad knee for much of the offseason, and that even after surgery in early March he won't be ready to be on the field until training camp.

So, basically, the men charged with blocking for Favre easily can respond by looking at Sharper's knee and saying, "X marks the spot."

Sharper is no spring chicken himself, and would appreciate half the attention that Favre gets from the media. I know Packer fans that were glad to get rid of him years ago because they were sick of watching him getting beat downfield. Sharper has more than Favre's knees to worry about.

Pretty classless. Athletes with class want to beat the best players when they're on the field. I thought the NFC championship game was played in a questionable manner and I'll be rooting against the Saints this year.

I can't believe you guys buy into this. The Saints won't be coming after Favre's ankle any more than they went after him in the title game. They never had the intent to injure him, nor do they now and I seriously doubt very many players believe it either. When you game plan against him the best bet is to hit him hard & often & hope it results in mistakes which it did. That's EVERY teams game plan against Favre or any other QB for that matter. Anything that's said about targeting anything is all just hype and an attempt to get into the heads of the opposing players. What do you think they are going to do? Every snap of the ball the defense will try to ankle tackle Favre? The Saints would get obliterated. No, they will chase him around the pocket... try to make him move & just like in the title game, hit him hard & hit him often.

ETA: MV has a good point as well. With Sharper's knee injury he may very well not be playing at all anyway. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

I can't believe you guys buy into this. The Saints won't be coming after Favre's ankle any more than they went after him in the title game. They never had the intent to injure him, nor do they now and I seriously doubt very many players believe it either. When you game plan against him the best bet is to hit him hard & often & hope it results in mistakes which it did. That's EVERY teams game plan against Favre or any other QB for that matter. Anything that's said about targeting anything is all just hype and an attempt to get into the heads of the opposing players. What do you think they are going to do? Every snap of the ball the defense will try to ankle tackle Favre? The Saints would get obliterated. No, they will chase him around the pocket... try to make him move & just like in the title game, hit him hard & hit him often.

I agree. Favre knows what's going on by now. I'm pretty sure that he will show up to play that game.

I agree. Favre knows what's going on by now. I'm pretty sure that he will show up to play that game.

I really hope he can & does. It just wouldn't seem right if another QB was under center for the rematch. It would almost seem like Superbowl XLIVb.