[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Tebow, Why To DEN?

Boon Man

Just like everyone else i've been wondering why Tebow? I do like Tebow as a Leader, but he cant be a leader if he's not on the field. He dosent have the greatest QB skills but he's a fast runner, can jump high, and is a very strong runner. I've heard talk of Tebow being good at basketball and some talk about him wanting to play Basketball in college (Antonio Gates).

I'm starting to put some things together. They traded Scheffler and moved up 'Daniel Graham' and didnt draft a TE. Do you see where this is going?

My prediction is the Broncos use Tim Tebow as a TE. Now they have a way to use Tebows great leadership and his others his othe high ranked skills.

What do you think?

I can't wait for every single bronco fan who hated on Tebow saying how hard he sucked to officially say "Tim Tebow is my boy"

NFLN just showed snippets of his interview with Lombardi after practice. This kid is doing exactly what McD brought him in for - to lead. Saying stuff like "Really proud of all the guys who came out and worked today, we weren't pretty - but they gave it their all."

NFLN just showed snippets of his interview with Lombardi after practice. This kid is doing exactly what McD brought him in for - to lead. Saying stuff like "Really proud of all the guys who came out and worked today, we weren't pretty - but they gave it their all."

+1 for Tebow. He got this (http://www.ibankcoin.com/rcblog/files/2009/01/tebow-girlfriend-2.jpg)

+1 for Tebow. He's leading

-1 for Tebow. He's on the broncos

:wacko:

Edited by Infinity

I can't wait for every single bronco fan who hated on Tebow saying how hard he sucked to officially say "Tim Tebow is my boy"

I haven't passed judgment yet, and I think most Broncos fans don't necessarily think he'll suck... We just think we overpaid to move up to 25 to get him. But dude, I hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier than to see Tebow pan out at QB.

:tup:

Brilliant! Because all the really good TEs were off the board when Tebow was drafted. So they did the only responsible thing left to do - move up and draft the only guy left who could possibly succeed at TE in the NFL. Tim. TIM. TIM-MAY!!!

Brilliant!

Edited by Bronco Billy

:tup:

Brilliant! Because all the really good TEs were off the board when Tebow was drafted. So they did the only responsible thing left to do - move up and draft the only guy left who could possibly succeed at TE in the NFL. Tim. TIM. TIM-MAY!!!

Brilliant!

Maybe I'm just really hung over, but this made me laugh for so long.

Some people are just leaders and winners and IMO this kid has the "it" factor. I dont care what "expert" says his talents wont translate to the NFL. He will surprise people and do well. This isnt Gino Torreta here. Mark my words. Give him time and he will have the last laugh.

Some people are just leaders and winners and IMO this kid has the "it" factor. I dont care what "expert" says his talents wont translate to the NFL. He will surprise people and do well. This isnt Gino Torreta here. Mark my words. Give him time and he will have the last laugh.

This is where I'm at right now too. Hard to tell if it's just the Kool-Aid doing its thing on me though...

You know, the more I think about this, the more I find myself loving Boon Man's idea.

Denevr is about to embark upon an amazing 13-3 season founded on McGenius running the TE wildcat. It will be unstoppable - no one has ever seen it in the history of football and it will take at least 2 years for the league to catch up with Denver on it.

This is simple and utter brilliance, I'm telling you!

Tim! TIM! TIM-MAY!!!!

I am sensing that BB is not quite on board with the Tebow pick.

I'm not so down on the Tebow pick as one might gather from my posts - unless they intend to move him to freakin' TE. It's where they picked him that really has me riled, and that he's going to take quite a bit or work before he's ready to contribute, when this is a team that was a quickly sinking ship last year with very immediate needs right now that overvalued Tebow significantly and wasted a first round opportunity to resolve some of them.

I think Tebow may end up being a solid starter in the NFL, and has just as good a probability as McCoy in that - and consequently should have been drafted right around where McCoy was. But we won't know for 3 to 4 years, and in the meantime the ship looks like it will continue to sink as other teams draft smarter than DEN yet again - including OAK ( :wacko: ).

I haven't passed judgment yet, and I think most Broncos fans don't necessarily think he'll suck... We just think we overpaid to move up to 25 to get him. But dude, I hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier than to see Tebow pan out at QB.

+1

I think most reasonable Bronco fans like Tebow, it's just the cost of getting him when they could have probably gotten him in the low second. But, overall, I was okay with the draft but can't pass much judgment until 1 or 2 years to see how they all pan out. Should be an interesting year next year.

BTW, I do, however expect to see Tebow take the reins about week 10. BTW, I still think there is some serious potential with Orton. With some good tutelage, he could be a top 10 QB easily.

BTW, I still think there is some serious potential with Orton. With some good tutelage, he could be a top 10 QB easily.

I think Orton is the new Jon Kitna - better player but a QB whose coach/GM will ALWAYS be looking to upgrade from.

I think Orton is the new Jon Kitna - better player but a QB whose coach/GM will ALWAYS be looking to upgrade from.

I think your right. He's on the precipice of being phenomenal, yet, will never be afforded the opportunity.

I think your right. He's on the precipice of being phenomenal, yet, will never be afforded the opportunity.

Phenominal? Did you see how bad his decision making is at times, and how poorly he places the football? Watch how phenominal he'll be this year when he doesn't have an uber-stud like Marshall to save his bad throws/decisions.

Phenominal? Did you see how bad his decision making is at times, and how poorly he places the football? Watch how phenominal he'll be this year when he doesn't have an uber-stud like Marshall to save his bad throws/decisions.

He did make some serious poor decisions, but look what he had to work with. In Chicago, he had NOTHING and actually did alright. In Denver, he had one of the top receivers in the NFL, that also was having tantrums on a regular basis. He started the season with the least amount of interceptions and still finished the season ranked 14th overall. Imagine if he had a good team surrounding him?

All the nay sayers like to bash Orton, but given the opportunity with a winning team, I think the kid could shine when it counts.

Granted, I'm not saying he's a super star!. I'm however saying he is a better QB than, lets say, Romo?

He did make some serious poor decisions, but look what he had to work with. In Chicago, he had NOTHING and actually did alright. In Denver, he had one of the top receivers in the NFL, that also was having tantrums on a regular basis. He started the season with the least amount of interceptions and still finished the season ranked 14th overall. Imagine if he had a good team surrounding him?

In CHI he had a great D and a very good runnig game. That makes his job a whole lot easier. In DEN, he had one of the best WRs in the NFL on his side, as well as an allegedly genius HC. You can run over Marshall for his off-field stuff, but on the field he did everything top notch and 100% - including saving some really bad passes destined to be INTs from Orton as well as down field blocking on running plays. Don't confuse poor off-field behavior with carrying over on the field, because it absolutely did not happen with Marshall. So don't blame Marshall or the scape-goat Denver O-line for Orton's shortcomings. His alarming lack of arm strength downfield had CBs playing hard corners and daring Orton to throw the ball more than 15 yds downfield. He was lucky he didn't have an additonal 6 or more INTs, including that incredibly lucky play to get a last second W in CIN. If you want to blame McDaniels for his utter failure to use Royal, Scheffler, and Hillis properly, you'd get my support on that.

Granted, I'm not saying he's a super star!. I'm however saying he is a better QB than, lets say, Romo?

Not only would I disagree with this completely - and I'm no Romo fan - but I don't think this will end well for you now, my firiend.

Edited by Bronco Billy