[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone mock drafting yet?

BeeR

Although looking for a job is a big job in itself, when you're unemployed you occasionally find time you wish you didn't have ie because you're not earning a paycheck :wacko: So it's barely May and I'm thinking about mocks. Anyone else?

Although looking for a job is a big job in itself, when you're unemployed you occasionally find time you wish you didn't have ie because you're not earning a paycheck :wacko: So it's barely May and I'm thinking about mocks. Anyone else?

What do you mean by YET? I've got at least 15 mocks under my belt, and I'm actually in the middle of my first REAL draft at we speak. Get with the program sir :tup: Actually I'm in the middle of a slow draft (12 hours per selection) hosted by FFPC. You should check out some of their leagues. They have a nice set up with multi fasceted leagues to tickle everyone's fancy. myffpc.com

Also check out rapiddraft.com. You can mock there all day long. Its the BEST mock draft simulation around IMO. Plus when the flood gates open...you can buy a team for only $9.99 and compete against their "pros" for money and prizes. If you got time on your hands...this is a definite MUST see.

Sorry to hear about your employment situation. The Huddle has a group on LinkedIn. If you're not on LinkedIn, you might want to check it out. While the Huddle group itself is not active, you may find the ability to network helpful. I was out of work most of last year, but landed a contract job at the start of this year through a LinkedIn connection with an old coworker that I hadn't seen since 2002. Hopefully better times are ahead.

Regarding the FFPC. I played in the main event in the 1st two years. I'll be taking a pass on the main event this year due to my employment uncertainty (my contract is open ended, but will probably end after their ISO audit at the end of the Summer). However, they're a solid business with (I think) fun and interesting scoring rules, a competitive client base, and many buy-in levels. I imagine that you'll find something you like there. I'll probably end up with a Jr. Main Event team and a couple of the 77 Slow Draft teams.

Good luck with your FF and on the job front too!

I trying very hard to fight the urge to visit fantasy football calculators. I started drafting too early last year and it took forever for the season to arrive. This year, I am trying to stay busy with other things, at least until June. However I am paying more attention to the draft, camps, and news this year.

I already did about 10 mock drafts. They are pretty boring right now as people are picking like sheep off the site's rankings. It would have been nice if they would not have had rankings and just let people mock then we might get a chance to see how people really feel about players. Having a rankings list I notice that people go straight down the line and makes it very boring to do any mocks right now.

Folks have been going rookie crazy with the recent draft. They are overvaluing rookies. Someone actually even drafted Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR at 16.10. I drafted Favre, Brett MIN QB at 17.04, which is crazy value in a 20 round draft.

Sorry to hear about your employment situation. The Huddle has a group on LinkedIn. If you're not on LinkedIn, you might want to check it out. While the Huddle group itself is not active, you may find the ability to network helpful. I was out of work most of last year, but landed a contract job at the start of this year through a LinkedIn connection with an old coworker that I hadn't seen since 2002. Hopefully better times are ahead.

Regarding the FFPC. I played in the main event in the 1st two years. I'll be taking a pass on the main event this year due to my employment uncertainty (my contract is open ended, but will probably end after their ISO audit at the end of the Summer). However, they're a solid business with (I think) fun and interesting scoring rules, a competitive client base, and many buy-in levels. I imagine that you'll find something you like there. I'll probably end up with a Jr. Main Event team and a couple of the 77 Slow Draft teams.

What's the link for the huddle on linked in? I'm lookin for work too!

What do you mean by YET? I've got at least 15 mocks under my belt, and I'm actually in the middle of my first REAL draft at we speak. Get with the program sir biggrin.gif

Also check out rapiddraft.com.

lol - thx, will check. I like FF Calculator but really wish there was a good mock auction site (pls don't say "ESPN," the quality of mock drafters there is a joke).

Many thanks on all counts! I am on linkedin FYI, but appreciate the suggestion.

I trying very hard to fight the urge to visit fantasy football calculators. I started drafting too early last year and it took forever for the season to arrive.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I've had this unwritten rule of no mocks until after the 4th of July because when I started getting big into it earlier, I started getting burned out of it by Aug. Might not make it this time. :wacko:

Here is a league that has 16 teams, keeper league. 1 PPR for WRS, 2 PPR for TE. I am OTC . . so advice would be helpful. :wacko:

(hijack . . .)

Rookies, kickers and defenses only. Team is

Qb=Rivers

RB= Jstew, McCoy, Jahvid Best

WR=Greg Jennings, Roddy White

TE=

K=

DEF= Panthers

Arizona/Broncos/Colts defenses are best available, and almost every kicker . . .

1.01 Boston Irish Assassins Mathews, Ryan SDC RB ®

1.02 2. Great Lakes OutlawsBryant, Dez DAL WR ®

1.03 3. Chicago FootLong Best, Jahvid DET RB ®

1.04 4. Great Lakes Outlaws Spiller, C.J. BUF RB ®

1.05 5. Hartford Colt 45's Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE ®

1.06 6. Raleigh Rough Riders Tebow, Tim DEN QB ®

1.07 7. Toledo Thunder Storm Gerhart, Toby MIN RB ®

1.08 8. Philadelphia PhanaticsLaFell, Brandon CAR WR ®

1.09 9. Toledo Thunder Storm Tate, Ben HOU RB ®

1.10 10. Marlboro Mustangs Bradford, Sam STL QB ®

1.11 11. Gorc WildcatsBenn, Arrelious TBB WR ®

1.12 12. Monroeville Mafia Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

1.13 13. Boston Irish AssassinsThomas, Demaryius DEN WR ®

1.14 14. Dayton River Bandits Graham, Jimmy NOS TE ®

1.15 15. Gorc WildcatsNo Pick Made

1.16 16. Monroeville Mafia Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE ®

2.01 17. Sharon Tigers McCluster, Dexter KCC WR ®

2.02 18. Toledo Starz Tate, Golden SEA WR ®

2.03 19. Dayton River Bandits Williams, Mike TBB WR ®

2.04 20. Albany Mambas Dickson, Ed BAL TE ®

2.05 21. New York Bee Dogs49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

The way my one draft is going...I probably should have done some mocks first.

if you are talking about Hardcore Homers I think you are doing pretty well (been keeping tabs on the draft)

Also check out rapiddraft.com. You can mock there all day long. Its the BEST mock draft simulation around IMO. Plus when the flood gates open...you can buy a team for only $9.99 and compete against their "pros" for money and prizes. If you got time on your hands...this is a definite MUST see.

Snuck a peek for hell of it, does look good. Does it auto fill with computer players (and if so how can you tell)? Too bad they don't do mock auctions.

I trying very hard to fight the urge to visit fantasy football calculators. I started drafting too early last year and it took forever for the season to arrive. This year, I am trying to stay busy with other things, at least until June. However I am paying more attention to the draft, camps, and news this year.

Definately plus one...if I mock early, then I get stuck on certain players because it seems you keep drafting the same players every time.

• 2 months later...