[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My last meal

rajncajn

Well, not my last, but it felt like it...

For Mother's day my wife usually cooks a meal for her mom & family. This year we decided to go with the coastal theme since it may be a while before we can eat it again. On the menu was fried grouper, basted lightly in yellow mustard then dusted with lemon flavored fish fry. Probably one of the best fried fish I've ever had. :tup: For sides she made a shrimp pasta salad with this recipe from Old Bay. Very tasty stuff & highly recommend although she did tweak the recipe a bit. Throw in some garlic & bacon sauteed green beans & the best french bread in the Gulf South & we dined like kings & queens. :tup::wacko:

We went to my bro-in-laws Flemings Steakhouse. I had a NY Strip that was to die for with some of those au gratin potatoes. F'n delicious. My neice got the mushroom pasta...man, that stuff was great too.

I had a NY Strip that was to die for with some of those au gratin potatoes. F'n delicious.

[mayorquimby] Au Gratin potatoes. . .that's a quality side [/mayorquimby]

Cajn, please do tell of this mustard brushed lemon fried piece of heaven!!! How is it made? !!!!!

Very easy, combine 2 beaten eggs with a cup of mustard, mix it well & then baste it onto the fish. You can add any spices to the mix you like as well, but we usually don't for the kids. Once your baste is well mixed you can brush it on the fillets or throw them all together in a ziplock bag. I prefer to baste so that you get a nice, even, but thin coat. Once basted dump it in your favorite fish fry & then the fryer. We usually use Zatarain's or Louisiana brand fish fry, the flavor depending on what we're in the mood for. It's especially good for stronger (fishier) tasting fish such as catfish, mullet etc.

Edited by rajncajn