[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas' Alex Barron

Cowboyz1

Consider this, Barron played on a very soft O line that gave up plenty of sacks and punished Bulger into submission. A guyon the line can only play to the level of the people around him for the most part. I believe Barron could thrive in Dallas with a veteran line that knows how to block stunts and shifts. Where as the Rams were consistantly making mistakes in the interior leaving free runners at the QB. The only reason the Rams QB are still upright is they just had to respect Steven Jackson. Notice without him the QB got smashed. If Barron only has to worry about his guy then I believe he can do that. He has good feet and long arms. Not all that nasty but should be solid if Free can't handle the load.

Similarly, watching Carpenter over the years he is a weak side backer in a 4-3 and very well could play well for the Rams. Carpenters' responcibilities in the 3-4 were just to much to handle for his talent sweet spot. He was solid in coverage and can get to the ball. However, he is not that physical at the point of attack but could be that he was on his heals all the time thinking to much. As a weak side backer he will be responcible for less in that he will have to plug the sweep and cover the outside middle. He can do that.

I think is a was great trade for both teams.

Don't worry, Barron won't be intentionally started in any games. He is there only for badly needed depth, and I think it is now clear that Jerry will not be re-signing Flozell, like some talking heads had thought. Doug Free may be the hardest working Cowboy in training camp this year.