[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is it about weekends,

tazinib1

I could never understand why drafts slow to a crawl over the weekend. Unless the majority of owners draft at work, I really don't get it. Its very frustrating at times TBH.

And why is the clock turned off? Everybody, or should I say the majority, is OFF during the weekends. Yellow Submarine am I missing here.

I would guess that a lot of people are spending time with their families & jsut want a break from the "daily grind".

There is no "FAMILY" in Fantasy Football!!!

But seriously, that being said and I understand believe me, what does it take to jump on the ole PC while the wife is cooking dinner and making a pick? I mean really? REEEEEEAAALLLLLYEEEEEEEEEE????

In the off season, if my wife catches me working on fantasy football...things get, well unpleasant is the word that comes to mind.

Dude...you're in a 32 team IDP league. What is this "off season" you speak of.

In the off season, if my wife catches me working on fantasy football...things get, well unpleasant is the word that comes to mind.

My wife takes more of an issue if I'm doing "fantasy football" related things then if I stumble home drunk @ 5am. Go figure...and I do both, a lot. :tup::wacko:

Edited by buddahj

Touche, and Touche

My wife considers the off-season anytime there is not professional football actually being played each week.

I have tried to explain to her that this is a year round infactuation...she seems to think her and my family should be the year round infactuation...at this point we have agreed to disagree....like right now, she's talking to her parents so I've snuck to the basement to propose late round rook draft trades for 2 bucks a pop so I can take flyers on undrafted rookie DTs

Touche, and Touche

My wife considers the off-season anytime there is not professional football actually being played each week.

I have tried to explain to her that this is a year round infactuation...she seems to think her and my family should be the year round infactuation...at this point we have agreed to disagree....like right now, she's talking to her parents so I've snuck to the basement to propose late round rook draft trades for 2 bucks a pop so I can take flyers on undrafted rookie DTs

Aha..so thats why you want our 8th round picks. Hmmmm...excuse me while I go research rookie DT's in AOTAOP.

:wacko:

Are wives really this nuts? Do they follow you into the bathroom when you take a dump? how many minutes does it take to make a draft pick? Does it take longer than taking a dump? :wacko:

Depends on the dump. :tup:

Does day of the week really matter?

Average Time Waiting For Pick To Be Made Franchise Avg. Wait Time # Picks

Buffalo Bills (peepinmofo) 2 hours, 14 minutes 41

Miami Dolphins (The Mucca) 24 minutes 40

New York Jets (Mut134) 47 minutes 40

New England Patriots 39 minutes 40

Baltimore Ravens (T_Bone65) less than a minute 41

Cincinnati Bengals 27 minutes 41

Cleveland Browns (Buddahj) 1 hour, 10 minutes 39

Pittsburgh Steelers (Menudo) 28 minutes 40

Houston Texans (Ziachild007) 1 hour, 23 minutes 38

Indianapolis Colts (CaptainHook) 38 minutes 40

Jacksonville Jaguars (PlasmaDogPlasma) 18 minutes 40

Tennessee Titans (Big John) 3 minutes 40

Denver Broncos (ryangene80) 4 minutes 43

Kansas City Chiefs (Beaumont) 7 minutes 40

Oakland Raiders (kpholmes) 1 hour, 1 minute 41

San Diego Chargers (tazinib1) 3 hours, 7 minutes 40

Dallas Cowboys 1 hour, 16 minutes 40

New York Giants (smithkt) 9 minutes 40

Philadelphia Eagles (Zooty) 17 minutes 40

Washington Redskins 2 hours, 6 minutes 40

Chicago Bears (UrlacherIsGod!) 16 minutes 39

Detroit Lions (alchico) 46 minutes 38

Green Bay Packers (PON) 1 hour, 43 minutes 40

Minnesota Vikings (Gopher) 27 minutes 45

Atlanta Falcons (Tford) 13 minutes 41

Carolina Panthers (Apathy) 11 minutes 38

New Orleans Saints (Slayer) 1 minute 40

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (tonyr0802) 49 minutes 40

Arizona Cardinals 1 hour, 14 minutes 40

St. Louis Rams (DD21) 19 minutes 40

San Francisco 49ers (5rings) 1 hour, 33 minutes 40

Seattle Seahawks 1 hour, 30 minutes 41

lol nice try. If you take out the first pick (while I was incarcerated) I have averaged better than 80% of the league.

Interesting, what happened there?

By the way, I imagine that drafts slow to a crawl on weekends because of plans that take drafters away from PC access and the mindset of making the best possible selections versus rushed choices just to keep things moving. I can't tell you how many times I've had an owner tell me that they'll make a pick when they get home from an outing after they've been able to sit down and look things over (ie- other owners' picks as well as various materials/resources to make their own pick).

Edited by irish

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not really around a computer that much on the weekends. Maybe in the evening but we're pretty much out of the house doing things during the day and unless the draft is still in the early rounds I'm not going to preselect.

Interesting, what happened there?

Easter weekend. 6 yr old warrant for traffic violation. But what the Zootster fails to tell you is I managed to get the message out FROM JAIL to the league during the draft. Yep...they don't call it the Hardcore Homers League for noth'en.

Easter weekend. 6 yr old warrant for traffic violation. But what the Zootster fails to tell you is I managed to get the message out FROM JAIL to the league during the draft. Yep...they don't call it the Hardcore Homers League for noth'en.

Seriously dude. Seek therapy. Fast.

That's what he did with his one phone call. He phoned in his draft pick. :wacko:

Internet traffic is strange on weekends, you would figure since everyone is off work they would have easier access and more time to spend on the computer, but it is the complete opposite, weekday traffic is always more than weekends. I guess when you see the studies about employees stealling company time on the internet, they aren't lying.

Are wives really this nuts? Do they follow you into the bathroom when you take a dump? how many minutes does it take to make a draft pick? Does it take longer than taking a dump? :wacko:

+1000

My wife could care less......

Well, Saturdays you do: yard work, fix things around the house, kids sports games/activities, etc. Sundays: Church, Lunch out after Church, shop for a couple of things, come back home and get settle, then Fantasy Football.

Consider yourself lucky to have so much time to yourself on the weekends.

And.... yes I do mostly draft when I'm out of the house :wacko: