[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is it about weekends,

tazinib1

Well, Saturdays you do: yard work, fix things around the house, kids sports games/activities, etc. Sundays: Church, Lunch out after Church, shop for a couple of things, come back home and get settle, then Fantasy Football.

Consider yourself lucky to have so much time to yourself on the weekends.

And.... yes I do mostly draft when I'm out of the house :wacko:

Except on a Sunday you just made a post in a FF forum. Exactly the same amount of time it would have taken to make a pick. Just say'en. I'm not bitchen about any drafts I'm currently in, just making an observation here fellla's.

Touche, and Touche

My wife considers the off-season anytime there is not professional football actually being played each week.

I have tried to explain to her that this is a year round infactuation...she seems to think her and my family should be the year round infactuation...at this point we have agreed to disagree....like right now, she's talking to her parents so I've snuck to the basement to propose late round rook draft trades for 2 bucks a pop so I can take flyers on undrafted rookie DTs

when I get home from work (be it a weekday or weekend) my wife has my laptop fired up with one tab open to the huddle and the other opened to MFL :wacko: Yes, I know how lucky I am.

Except on a Sunday you just made a post in a FF forum. Exactly the same amount of time it would have taken to make a pick. Just say'en. I'm not bitchen about any drafts I'm currently in, just making an observation here fellla's.

If you are a good drafter it should take you more time...you have to assess what has happened in front of you...who is available...what will happen after your pick....if you should try to trade the pick.....if you are going BPA or filling a need based on what happend in front of you and what is likely to happen after your pick...oh and then there are those times when you need to IM someone to ask them their opinion of a player or two....of course if you suck then you just draft off of last years final stats

If you are a good drafter it should take you more time...you have to assess what has happened in front of you...who is available...what will happen after your pick....if you should try to trade the pick.....if you are going BPA or filling a need based on what happend in front of you and what is likely to happen after your pick...oh and then there are those times when you need to IM someone to ask them their opinion of a player or two....of course if you suck then you just draft off of last years final stats

+1, and if you have not been keeping up with the news for a couple of days you need to check the injury report, team changes, etc.

+1, and if you have not been keeping up with the news for a couple of days you need to check the injury report, team changes, etc.

So what you are saying is that you can do none of this on the weekend. I see. :wacko:

You guys are missing the point here lol. But I did find a previous posting about the lack of internet traffic on the weekends intriguing so I researched it alittle bit and was surprised at what I found. Internet traffic on a whole is down 40% on Sat/Sun. I guess its not that shocking when you figure in how much of that internet time is via the office setting. So....based on that my only conclusion is that FF is full of office jockeys.

Weekends are harder for me and will forever be harder. I want to enjoy my time with my significant other, parents, family, etc. Weekdays are easier because of work.

I really can't understand why everyone is in such a rush to finish a draft as if we are going to be entering starting lineups mid may. Don't make the process harder than it needs to be is what I always say.

So what you are saying is that you can do none of this on the weekend. I see. :wacko:

Did I say that? No I didn't....You intimated that a person can just quickly log on and make a pick...I simply pointed out that there are reasons why just logging on and making a pick isn't as easy/quick as you think it should be.

Did I say that? No I didn't....You intimated that a person can just quickly log on and make a pick...I simply pointed out that there are reasons why just logging on and making a pick isn't as easy/quick as you think it should be.

it depends on how many picks you missed since last logging in and then you have to make sure you don't forget about a certain player...

It's not the long time between picks that bothers me, it's NOT KNOWING when the pick is likely to be made. Otherwise especially on weekends when there are many other things going on, I'm forced to run to the computer every hour or so to see IF a pick has been made. If someone would simply post, "I'm going to the circus, be back at 9PM", then we can all enjoy our time.

P.S. I never draft at work!

It's not the long time between picks that bothers me, it's NOT KNOWING when the pick is likely to be made. Otherwise especially on weekends when there are many other things going on, I'm forced to run to the computer every hour or so to see IF a pick has been made. If someone would simply post, "I'm going to the circus, be back at 9PM", then we can all enjoy our time.!

:wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook