[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Faulk agrees with C Johnson's holdout

BeeR

like I said, I understand it but the words Contract and NFL still just make me laugh

EDIT: Is this the point where I am supposed to call you names or something like that :wacko:

I wish you would. At least that would make sense...

:tup:

how would you feel if you signed a 5 yr contract and 2 years in your employer said, ah we are gonna cut you loose and we wont be paying you for that contract you signed 2 years ago

As long as I got a hugh signing bonus, I might be OK with it . .:wacko:

I actually DID have that happen . . but I had compensation clauses built in that covered some of the "loss" of my last year and a half.

If the right of the company to do so was included - which the NFL has - and was offset by a signing bonus that the company could not recover, and my being cut loose was the result of underperformance of duties on my part, I'm having a tough time seeing the problem with this.

They don't always cut you loose because of low performance. They may cut you loose because they like a new guy better, whether it be right or wrong. Or they can get a guy who is cheaper. We've seen tons of examples where a vet is cut for a guy, who does his job a lot worse. Your performance may have nothing to do with it. The fact that you're living up to your side of the contract may not make a difference. The franchise may decide they need to save money and do the best they can for as little as it will cost, much like what many are accusing the Panthers of doing this year. They make the decisions based on how they see it, and that doesn't have to be objective.

Sure, JarMarcus Russell got over, but in most cases the owners hold all the leverage, and they usually get the better end of many contracts. Al Davis and Dan Snyder made bad decisions, so they experienced some fallout.

Edited by electricrelish

I think they should all get 1 year guaranteed contracts. Then at the end of each season negotiate a new contract based on last years performance. The contracts could include some language regarding a players status at the time that the current contract expires, i.e RFA or UFA, whatever.

But 1 year at a time, just think of the performance level, every player in a contract year, EVERY YEAR!!

That'd be a freakin nightmare and I don't relish "musical chairs" with wholesale changes in a team every year, nor would anyone else really. Totally unworkable.

Yes the salary cap really is a joke anyway due to signing bonuses - and given how much he's REALLY made/making, IMO he has little right to piss and moan now. Shut up n play.

That'd be a freakin nightmare and I don't relish "musical chairs" with wholesale changes in a team every year, nor would anyone else really. Totally unworkable.

Yes the salary cap really is a joke anyway due to signing bonuses - and given how much he's REALLY made/making, IMO he has little right to piss and moan now. Shut up n play.

I assume that this part of your post was directed at what I said about 1 year contracts.

First, with FA there is already a large turnover among teams every year. But, and I admit I am not sure how it might or moght not work, but negotiation rights\rights of first refusal could be written into the language of the contracts to attempt to control mass turnover from year to year.

It's a simplistic approach I admit but it has merit. And the current system is obviously broke. And for what it's worth, it's how the rest of the business world works. Annual evaluations of last years performance to establish this years worth.

like I said, I understand it but the words Contract and NFL still just make me laugh

EDIT: Is this the point where I am supposed to call you names or something like that :wacko:

Mind bullet his ass Keg